Not sure why but the OG black and red PP feel much sleeker. I ordered a silver PP to try out and wasnt really feeling it. I'll probably get banished from this forum for saying that but my black passport is here to stay (for the time being and in between usage of my P9983 lol). There's something about the extra length that bothers me....

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-15-15 09:16 PM
    I'm with you 100% SE is at the bottom of my PP list I have the ATT version. I'm really just waiting for the Porsche Design Passport.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-15 09:21 PM
    I definitely think the Passport SE is the best looking, followed by the white version.
    09-15-15 09:55 PM
    I'm with you 100% SE is at the bottom of my PP list I have the ATT version. I'm really just waiting for the Porsche Design Passport.

Posted via CB10
    There is no Porsche design passport

Posted via CB10
    dmateo likes this.
    09-15-15 10:03 PM
    There is no Porsche design passport

Posted via CB10
    Creditable...

Posted via CB10
    09-15-15 10:21 PM
    I have both the SE and At&t PP. I like the way the SE looks/feels better but am scared as $hit to carry it around without a case.

The At&t PP is in a Body Glove case and holster and feels absolutely perfect to me like this.

Hopefully someone will come out with cases for SE soon!

Sent via SE Passport
    09-15-15 10:32 PM
    I have both the SE and At&t PP. I like the way the SE looks/feels better but am scared as $hit to carry it around without a case.

The At&t PP is in a Body Glove case and holster and feels absolutely perfect to me like this.

Hopefully someone will come out with cases for SE soon!

Sent via SE Passport
    I have a vaja case for my black PP and didn't really check this but do you think passport sleeves and cases would fit on a SE? It is a few mm longer... not sure.

09-15-15 10:34 PM
    I was about to change my Passport OG to SE... but when I actually handed one, I decided to stick on OG... why? don't know but there is something on original version that made it 'authentic' and 'original'...

Posted via CB10
    illlya and anon(5830442) like this.
    09-15-15 10:49 PM
    I have a vaja case for my black PP and didn't really check this but do you think passport sleeves and cases would fit on a SE? It is a few mm longer... not sure.

I have a PD air sleeve that I'm using with the SE. It sits about flush with the top of the sleeve.

Am I the only one not digging the SE-img_0937.jpg

Sent via SE Passport
    09-15-15 11:57 PM
    I have the square OG. Even though the shape can be a pain, to me it's the best looking.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 01:11 AM
    I think they all look nice, if the silver hadn't been available I would have gladly picked a white or black one. The silver just looks a bit more luxurious and I've always just picked phones for features then stuck them into a tanky 2 part case. I wanted to try something different.
    09-16-15 11:16 AM
    This is something I have been hearing about as well. Kijiji in Toronto is also showing an increase in Passport SE units up for sale.

I tried out an SE unit and personally, it wasn't for me, but the die-harders swear by it.

I like my Red Passport. The typing and the appearance is much better than the SE.

I'm wondering if for the die-harders...the honeymoon is over?

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Red Edition
    dmateo and anon(5830442) like this.
    09-16-15 07:45 PM
    I feel like the silver should have been the original passport, they gotta ramp up the design team and pump these colours and designs at launch.

Red, looked funny beside white, the face should have been red too. IMO

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 09:30 PM
    I have OG and SE. Prefer SE. Like retro-look. Went for the thinner case, BlackBerry wallet, so it's less bulky than OG in Noreve case.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 10:37 PM
    I'm still in the honeymoon phase with my SE and haven't touched my At&t Passport or iPhone 6 since receiving this one.

I'm trying the SE out for 2 full weeks to see if I can come back to BlackBerry from my iPhone 6?

Sent via SE Passport
    09-16-15 10:42 PM
    The passport se is the best passport. I had both. I wasn't satisfied with the camera. Sent it back cause the sliders in my site.
    Lefty724 likes this.
    09-16-15 10:52 PM
    I'm still in the honeymoon phase with my SE and haven't touched my At&t Passport or iPhone 6 since receiving this one.

I'm trying the SE out for 2 full weeks to see if I can come back to BlackBerry from my iPhone 6?

Sent via SE Passport
    Are you keeping the ip6 a a backup?

09-16-15 11:08 PM
    Are you keeping the ip6 a a backup?

For now.

If things keep going the way they are, the iPhone 6 will probably be sold off?

Sent via SE Passport
    09-17-15 01:41 AM
    I have used the original black Passport for more than half a year, sold it and now got the SE Passport. I understand the dislike this device may cause: That silver/black look has quite a retro style, resembling the look of older still cameras. The same look which also got popular for multiple camera makers like Olympus or Fujifilm, who also tend to style their most modern mirrorless cameras in the similar retro look.

The silver Passport stands out much more than the original black model, the styling looks less sleek. Besides that, I actually prefer the SE for following reasons:
    The keyboard is better indeed. Not only due to the often cited larger "chin" at the bottom, but especially the keys themselves. They are softer, yet more clicky, it is an improvement over the original unit.
    The back is grippier, much less prone to fingerprints.
    The device feels more comfortable in my hands compared to the original model.

Yet besides that, IMO none of those reasons are actually critical at all, not enough to justify a "must have" over the original Passports. Their keyboards are still good, they also have a good grip and I never had a problem holding those in my hands. After all we always also decide by the way something looks whether we buy it or not. The original Passports looks sleeker and more modern, it comes in two interesting color variants (white and red), while that black model is, size aside, a pretty understating device IMHO.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 04:04 AM
    Creditable...

Posted via CB10
    That is why the Silver Edition exists. BlackBerry can sell more units and earn more revenue by doing their own special edition rather than selling maybe a thousand 2500 dollar phones. A hundred thousand at 600 is far more lucrative.
    09-23-15 10:26 AM
    Is there a screen protector available for it?! It didn't come with one nor there's one available on the BlackBerry site. I need one and been looking all over for one...the protective film that came on it is starting to look messy

Posted via CB10
    09-23-15 12:11 PM
    I had the original PP for months and then went to a Classic.
    Back with the SE and I really love it. The first hours felt really strange and I also had a company iPhone 6 which made the feeling more weird.

But the keyboard of the SE is a bit better than the OG and also the additional space makes it more comfortable to hold.

And I like the stainless steel frame and the back just makes working with it perfect.

Posted via CB10 using a PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    09-23-15 03:04 PM
    I was skeptical at first on the SE I was using the OG black pp what I was starting to notice was the corners were making my hands I don't know if it was because I was holding it tight or what so I got the SE and I'm so glad I did. I don't get that feeling in my hands when typing !

Posted via CB10
    09-23-15 03:07 PM
    The build is far better in the SE, but each to their own. Its not perfect, but its a work tool with a nice build quality and feel so it works for me.
    09-25-15 01:29 AM
    Is there a screen protector available for it?! It didn't come with one nor there's one available on the BlackBerry site. I need one and been looking all over for one...the protective film that came on it is starting to look messy

Posted via CB10
    I got one from Amazon Germany, made by atFoliX, a small german company who cuts and ships screen protectors. They come in packs of three, with above-average accessories and they offer three types of protectors: ultra-clear, matte anti-reflection and privacy (mirror). The cut is as good as it gets and fits the SE very well.
    Downside of course is I don't know if you can order them outside Germany.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 03:14 AM
26 12