All the other touch based gestures work fine on the keyboard except for the Fine Cursor Control.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
    10-07-14 02:03 AM
    Ok, crisis averted.

I fixed it by doing a reboot.
    10-07-14 02:10 AM
    Did you do the OS update that was prompted when you set up your Passport?

The best way I've found is to double tap anywhere and then rub your finger along a fret, so your finger has some guidance. It takes a little bit of practice since it all depends on how fast your finger moves, but following the frets help me almost always get to where I need to be.
    chiefx13 likes this.
    10-07-14 02:12 AM
    Virtual keyboard and the touch sensitivity on the physical keyboard both need some refinement on the firmware level. I the touch keyboard suffers from a disappearing problem when the @123 key is pressed, but only in OS 1154 or higher. Shipping OS had no issues. Fine cursor control can be overly or not sensitive enough. The biggest problem is transitioning from fine cursor control back to typing. The cursor often jumps and causes all sorts of annoying errors in your content.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 02:39 AM

The best way I've found is to double tap anywhere and then rub your finger along a fret, so your finger has some guidance. It takes a little bit of practice since it all depends on how fast your finger moves, but following the frets help me almost always get to where I need to be.
    Niice. Seriously.....

I still think there is room for dev on this, because it could be better. This actually helps.

There actually seems to be a problem with laggy interaction, and that cascades into over corrections. At least with me. Remembering to double tap to end the cursor function helps too.

Passport || Fido
    10-07-14 04:50 AM
    Niice. Seriously.....

I still think there is room for dev on this, because it could be better. This actually helps.

There actually seems to be a problem with laggy interaction, and that cascades into over corrections. At least with me. Remembering to double tap to end the cursor function helps too.

Passport || Fido
    One good thing about BlackBerry is that if we complain loud enough, they'll fix whatever our problems are. I'm sure they'll improve this in new OS updates, since it's literally the first time they've ever implemented this feature.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 04:56 AM

Thanks for posting this.

Did the update, I was finding the fine cursor control is hit and miss. But following your advice to aim for the fret (metal line in the keyboard rows) is helping with my success rate. Definitely appears to be software/firmware related. I was doing all the gestures and functionality to make sure my Passport is A-OK during the exchange/return period.
    10-07-14 09:46 PM