When writing a message, if you want to write numbers... you swipe down.
    Virtual keys are displayed.

For example the numbers, they have corresponding, smaller letters beside them, is there some way to use the numbers via the physical keyboard like my beloved 9900 days e.g.

Hold shift and letter for number etc?
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    04-08-15 03:05 PM
    If you swipe down, you can press the physical keys for the corresponding numbers. You can lock it into number lock by long pressing the lower right soft key.
    No. The swipe-down is the only way to invoke the numeric keyboard so that it maps to letters.
    Bonnie Bonzai and imz like this.
    04-08-15 03:14 PM
    I never realized that! Lol when I want to use numbers I tap the @123 key for numbers and symbols and the keyboard for letters. Learn something new with this keyboard almost every day

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    04-08-15 03:21 PM
    I never realized that! Lol when I want to use numbers I tap the @123 key for numbers and symbols and the keyboard for letters. Learn something new with this keyboard almost every day
    lol I also picked up a few today too.

1) When typing a sentence out, if you need to precisely place the cursor to edit/copy/paste etc, double tap the keyboard, the cursor changes to a round circle, then you can use the keyboard as a trackpad to go where you want.

2) In select mode, Long press shift on virtual keyboard, swipe keyboard left or right to highlight text
    04-08-15 03:24 PM
    If you swipe down, you can press the physical keys for the corresponding numbers. You can lock it into number lock by long pressing the lower right soft key.
    04-08-15 03:24 PM
    Thank you, this is what I was after
    04-08-15 03:26 PM
    It would be really nice if the keyboard could be mapped to the virtual symbols and numbers for more than just the first character, but I understand why they do it this way. Maybe a toggle that would allow keyboard mapping to stay on?
    04-08-15 03:27 PM

1) When typing a sentence out, if you need to precisely place the cursor to edit/copy/paste etc, double tap the keyboard, the cursor changes to a round circle, then you can use the keyboard as a trackpad to go where you want.

2) In select mode, Long press shift on virtual keyboard, swipe keyboard left or right to highlight text
    1) I knew about but I have to give 2) a try, I wondered how people were doing that! Thanks

Posted via CB10
    04-08-15 03:29 PM
    It would be really nice if the keyboard could be mapped to the virtual symbols and numbers for more than just the first character, but I understand why they do it this way. Maybe a toggle that would allow keyboard mapping to stay on?
    Robsteve just said it. Long press the down arrow and num lock stays on. Finally realized this! Thanks Robsteve

Via CB10 Rockin PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.281
    04-08-15 03:37 PM
    Thank you soooooooo much for this!!!!! I was getting frustrated with the virtual numbers and symbols. You have ended massive amounts of frustration for me. Where can I donate?

Just kidding, I'm cheap. But thanks for real!

Posted via CB10
    04-08-15 05:24 PM
    I think there's already a thread on some cool tips for Passport Keyboard
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=965730

Posted via CB10 using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    04-08-15 07:03 PM
    For example the numbers, they have corresponding, smaller letters beside them, is there some way to use the numbers via the physical keyboard like my beloved 9900 days e.g.
    You can press the physical letter key to insert the number when you swipe down for the keyboard, not when you use the @123 to bring the numbers up. Hope that makes sense.

Posted via my OGBBPP!
    04-08-15 07:12 PM

I bow to you. I didn�t know that long-press tip. Nice!

Posted from CB10 on my classy Passport--TBUCK64
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    04-08-15 09:55 PM
    See post #5

Posted via CB10
    04-08-15 10:00 PM
    Just realised that if you bring up the virtual number keys by pressing @123 you can swipe left in the virtual key area to delete whole words just the same as swiping left on the keyboard.

Posted via PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2708!
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    04-09-15 06:15 AM
    Guys, I don't wanna sound rude but you have to search the forum.

As advised before, there's a 7 page long thread already present. No point in creating a duplicate one.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=965730

Cheers

Posted via CB10 using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    04-09-15 07:09 AM
    No. The swipe-down is the only way to invoke the numeric keyboard so that it maps to letters.
    Actually no. If you press and hold @123 for a moment, the keyboard mappings pop up and remain active till you swipe down or hit the down button where the @123 was.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 07:22 AM
    One caveat on the "double-tap keyboard for cursor" - it doesn't always work.

On my second Passport, and each one has been inconsistent. Frustrating to double-tap and nothing happens. Makes editing take longer than on an iPhone, and that ain't right!

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 11:53 AM
    Actually no. If you press and hold @123 for a moment, the keyboard mappings pop up and remain active till you swipe down or hit the down button where the @123 was.

Posted via CB10
    Cool! I learned something new today. Thank you!!

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 12:28 PM
    Guys, I don't wanna sound rude but you have to search the forum.

As advised before, there's a 7 page long thread already present. No point in creating a duplicate one.
    Passport keyboard tips - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

Cheers
    True, but the Crackberry search isn't always so helpful.

My search for "Passport Keyboard" doesn't return that thread on the first 100 hundred listings, or the next 200 for that matter, and then it ends there... that's equivalent to, 20+ pages on Google without returning that a helpful result.

Secondly... if I create a new thread, and even call it the existing thread title "passport keyboard tips"

I get my current thread as a suggestion to check out, not the one with 7 pages with that exact title I'm about to ask a question over

Am I missing something on the Passport Keyboard?-capture.png
    04-09-15 02:26 PM
    It's almost better to just use google and specify the site, as in "passport keyboard site:forums.crackberry.com". That get's both this thread as the second result, and the other passport keyboard tips thread as the first result.
    04-09-15 04:12 PM
    Press and hold the "@123" virtual button to "lock" the keyboard to symbols and numbers

Posted via CB10
    thymaster and Bonnie Bonzai like this.
    04-10-15 09:14 AM
    Press and hold the "@123" virtual button to "lock" the keyboard to symbols and numbers

Posted via CB10
    Ok haha I did not know this.... boy is this handy! Tx

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 11:34 AM
    Haha, I was about to mention this too. The @123 is a key button too. It isn't a physical key but it's still a button press.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 12:09 PM
    It's almost better to just use google and specify the site, as in "passport keyboard site:forums.crackberry.com". That get's both this thread as the second result, and the other passport keyboard tips thread as the first result.
    Except... If you don't know that a previous forum exists on your topic, how could you possible know to Google the exact forum name?
    04-10-15 12:38 PM
28 12