Had a wonderful experience with my Passports up until September when my employer bought us all iphones. Yesterday I dropped my employers coverage and went back to AT&T and am using my Passport SE again. All I read about is how BB10 is dead now, but I just missed my BlackBerry experience. So is it really dead, and how nuts am I?

Posted via CB10
    01-29-16 02:33 PM
    Had a wonderful experience with my Passports up until September when my employer bought us all iphones. Yesterday I dropped my employers coverage and went back to AT&T and am using my Passport SE again. All I read about is how BB10 is dead now, but I just missed my BlackBerry experience. So is it really dead, and how nuts am I?

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry 10 is not dead. BlackBerry will be continuing to support it. You are not nuts, use what you like. Who cares what others think.

Posted via CB10
    Vistaus and J_Hooks like this.
    01-29-16 02:53 PM
    Your PP still works? So then?

Regards
    01-29-16 03:55 PM
    Whatever works for you. If I could still operate on a 9900 I'd still be there. Loved that phone
    01-29-16 04:00 PM
    I am in the same boat. I want the Passport, but my company paid Iphone is what I am using. Buying the Passport is one thing but paying for the service is another thing. I don't think that I could actually pay for the service if my company was offering me free service
    01-29-16 04:09 PM
    BB10 isn't dead, it definitely seems to be slowing down, but it still does everything I need.

Plus you still have developers making BB10 apps, and it's not like BlackBerry World is shutting down and we're fending for ourselves.
    Does it look promising for the future?... ehh that's tough to say, we're getting security updates which is a plus, but major updates don't seem likely.

It really comes down to what you want, BB10 is still alive and there are people who will use it until it's no longer functional, but we're far from that time.

I'm extremely happy I bought a Passport instead of a Priv, but can see myself buying a BlackBerry Android phone in the future.

Posted via CB10 via Passport.
    David Tyler likes this.
    01-29-16 06:46 PM
    If BlackBerry doesn't step up to the plate again, I might be changing platforms...
    Don't get me wrong, I love my Passport; using a physical keyboard, I love the BBOS and swiping, the smarter autocorrect,the size, ect. This OS is so fluid, and works amazingly well.

BUT with BlackBerry not putting R&D cash into BB10, it's inevitable that one of the best OS will fail and cease to exist.

Posted from my Passport... You've been BlackBerried!
    01-29-16 08:06 PM
    It is still functional enough to do everything I need. If I can't find the app, I just use the mobile site as a home screen icon and live with that. Even though blackberry went full android, bb10 is still useful enough to get work done. By the time bb10 is no longer supported, I would probably have already went with an android BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-16 08:33 PM
    Nope, u are not crazy. It has been stated MANY times (and goes without saying again) but if it works for you then great!

I don't need apps to live life, and while bb10 has slowed down, it will be around for years to come.

Enjoy the greatest smartphone out there, while you can!

Passport...the smartphone for adults.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-16 12:13 AM
    Yes! You are crazy just like the rest of us! LOL.

You're the one using it, right? Not them.

Curve 8520 > Torch 9860 > Playbook > Z10 > Passport

Posted via CB10
    02-03-16 10:34 PM
    I changed phones just before the new year began (now on iOS) but I keep coming back to my Passport. You're not alone in this craziness.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-16 07:44 AM
    IOS sucks balls. I'd rather use BB10. I would only go to Android if BlackBerry 10 is done.

Mia San Mia!
    02-04-16 10:06 AM
    Yes to your question. I didn't even bother reading anything but the title...

Posted via CB10
    02-04-16 10:18 AM
    BB10 is amazing and so is my SE PP
    02-04-16 10:47 AM
    I need apps.. not fashion Apps or good to have apps, but the basics Apps.....such Line(doesn't work 100%), Bloomberg, Banking Apps, Stock Trading Apps(streaming)

These are very basic Apps.....

Posted via CB10
    02-04-16 12:12 PM
    I always tell folks to get what best fills yours needs and what feels comfortable for you to use on a daily basis.

As I have said before, OS10 is going to be around for a while yet and Blackberry has to support their enterprise clients who are currently using it.

The only downside might be the lack of app and development support, but if you can work with some of those limitations, the passport, classic and OS10 are hard to beat for the price.

On a personal note, the z30 is still one of my favorite OS10 devices and I still miss mine.
    02-04-16 05:04 PM
    It has a lot to do with familiarity. IPhones make crappy Blackberries. It's a very different approach to many things and takes a while to learn. In addition some people have preferences for things like a physical keyboards.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-16 05:40 PM
    Last edited by BobPepe; 02-04-16 at 06:38 PM.
    02-04-16 06:28 PM
    Crazy I wouldn't say but you said it yourself, a bit nuts, maybe LOL
    It's just a phone...

Posted via the sexy black Panther
    02-05-16 01:38 AM
    Im still looking to be back on Blackberry. Had a black Passport at this time last year. Then i got a Motorola X and now a Samsung Galaxy S6.
    I miss the os and the keyboard feeling but... theres no support or updates for applications. I use my phone for emails, phones, texts, navigation on the web primary. I also use Twitter and Facebook and for this apps, its horrible on Blackberry and they will not received updatse anymore. I dont think it will have any new apps in the future too.

With the Passport and is big screen, we can at least use the web site in full desktop mode. Thats cool.

Still on my reflexion...
    02-05-16 10:33 AM