Unfortunately, sounds like a bad device. Definitely shouldn't be putting all Passport down though, because of this...but I understand OP's frustrations. I'd probably be just as frustrated if I spent $750 on a device that gives me all this trouble, however, 1 defective device does not equate to the Passport being a bad phone. I own a Passport, and it lasts a day and a half with moderate use. Connects to Blend seamlessly and the OS is not buggy at all. Best device I've ever owned. Before writing off the passport, I'd suggest getting it replaced. If you still have issues, then return it and get yourself something else.
    11-03-14 08:12 AM
    I think it's better to let this guy get the H*** on !!!! Despite being told numerous times that it more than likely a hardware issue but he doesn't trust it still. Good luck with another phone out of the BB ecosystem .
    Last edited by Mr Bigs; 11-03-14 at 09:12 AM.
    11-03-14 09:01 AM
    1.install the"link" in a new computer,
    2.plug in your passport
    3.back up
    4.erase your passport
    5.update...
    that should work

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    11-03-14 09:05 AM
    Sorry, I won't do a sideload without being able to do a backup first. As Link doesn't want to play nicely with my Passport, I can't run back ups.
    What is there really to back up?

Your email account stores your phone numbers, the general settings can be changed in 5 minutes, you can export your password keeper info without Link. Whatever you may have in remember or evernote, just type it in password keeper.

I never restore anything except password keeper because I don't want anything old.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 09:54 AM
    1.install the"link" in a new computer,
    2.plug in your passport
    3.back up
    4.erase your passport
    5.update...
    that should work

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    Your advice is to buy a new computer? Lol
    11-03-14 10:25 AM
    For the first and second issue, i feel you, that's awful.

Luckily, however, all three of those issues can be resolved with a reload of the OS!

First, simply backup your contacts and info either to Outlook or to a third party app like Backup Pro (I've had great experience with them for this device) and DO NOT restore onto this phone. That is awful battery life and glitches just waiting to happen!

Second, grab an autoloader for 10.3.0.908.

Third, get SIC multiwipe and run it with your device connected.

Next, run the autoloader and load the OS for the device.

Almost there, now setup the device like a new one, add all of your emails, connect BBM, connect Twitter, etc.

Finally, restore your info to the device via Outlook/Backup Pro/your backup app.

Finally you should get a great battery life after the first couple of days, though immediately you should notice a better battery life than you previously were experiencing!

I'm down to 20% at night if it's a really rough day with VERY heavy usage and lots of android apps open throughout the day.

Also, another thing that can kill your battery is accounts not fully setup.
    If you have say, LinkedIn or FourSquare installed but not setup, it can kill your battery! Just uninstall them or set them up! :P

Best of luck there sir!

Edit:

Also, on the Link front, just kill the process or reboot your computer, unplug the USB and if you have a different cable, find it.

Once the OS on the phone has been reloaded, do the above step, then connect the phone via a different USB (preferably the one that came with the phone) to a different port.

I know a different USB cable shouldn't affect it, but it did the job for me! Happy using Link to sync my music on my device now!

Edit edit:

Just adding a disclaimer to say that i was getting the "Device Setup Incomplete " on Link with my Passport after using it for a couple weeks out of nowhere. None of the fixes anyone could come up with would fix it. I ended up doing the sic wipe followed by autoload reinstall. Tried it again, still didn't work! (keep in mind i had already reloaded Link and deleted any trace of BlackBerry on my laptop multiple times). Finally i then tried a different cable and usb port, voila, it worked!

Worth mentioning that when Link wouldn't recognize the device, neither would the Chrome Sideloading Extension, Sachesi, or the dedicated app for Sideloading Snap.
    The only thing that finally fixed it was the process above.

Posted via CB10
    Dear OP,

DO THIS, DO EXACTLY THIS, STOP READING ANYTHING ELSE AND JUST DO THIS.

YOU DON'T NEED LINK TO DO A WIPE. DO WHAT THIS GUY IS SAYING.

Hope you see this, good luck

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 12:47 PM
    What is there really to back up?

Your email account stores your phone numbers, the general settings can be changed in 5 minutes, you can export your password keeper info without Link. Whatever you may have in remember or evernote, just type it in password keeper.

I never restore anything except password keeper because I don't want anything old.

Posted via CB10
    I forgot to mention this info, so take a lookey here.

Dear OP,

DO THIS, DO EXACTLY THIS, STOP READING ANYTHING ELSE AND JUST DO THIS.

YOU DON'T NEED LINK TO DO A WIPE. DO WHAT THIS GUY IS SAYING.

Hope you see this, good luck

Posted via CB10
    Ahahahahah thanks there sir, that's the best i could come up with and it's pretty foolproof.

So OP, based off my earlier long dedicated post and the fact anything you need "backed up" can be done without Link, what's holding you back?

Best of luck and let us know your results!

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 01:26 PM
    This is a new device. Why do people find it so difficult to just return and get a new handset. I had a problem with my new BB and simply returned and got a another one which has worked wonderfully since. Every single manufacturer has problems with a couple of devices. Get a replacement and if you continue to have the same problems then I would suggest you go back to the make you used before you switched to BB. Obviously you are not a BB fan, most probably a troll. Why would whinge this much over three minor issues when all you have to do is return the faulty handset?
    Because that's how he (t)Rolls.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 08:20 PM
    I just sent a Passport in for repair that had the erratic scroll/bouncing hub described by OP. It was also happening in BBM and anywhere you could use the keyboard to scroll. Was running 10.3.0.1418 (official Telus) and was unresolved with several wipes/reinstalls; even after upgrading to 10.3.1.1017 (AT&T).

I also noticed that the T, G, and spacebar weren't recognized by touch/swipe. BBVE confirmed this as all keys filled in green except those three. Interesting that I was able to stop the erratic bouncing by touching my fingers on the keys. That lead me to believe the bounce was caused by a keyboard malfunction. Perhaps OP should run this test or try touching some keys next time it bounces.

This Passport just passed my 14 day replacement period so no in-store replacement for me. When I brought it in, they removed the SIM and a SCREW fell out of the Passport! I don't want to imply issues with quality control but this device was bought to replace a 9900 I've used steadily since autumn 2011.

They gave me a Q10 on loan but I'm not liking it so back to the 9900 while I wait for the repair (wondering if BB will even notice the stripped screw, hoping they'll send back a new device vs repair/refurb). Anyone know policy on this?

Anyway, it's been like 2 years since I've signed into Crackberry but wanted to mention that OP isn't the only one with this annoying issue. I'm curious if the screen bouncing is also the cause of the selection and deletion of emails/texts.. it really goes nuts when it kicks in.
    Last edited by whitebarry; 11-04-14 at 04:43 PM.
    11-04-14 01:53 PM
    What's whit warranty?

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 03:42 PM
    I won't do a security wipe without being able to do a up to date back up, I'd have nothing to reload from.
    You need to try to do a backup on another computer. I have never been able to get link to do a backup on my computer also. Tried it on a friend's computer and bam, went like butter.
    Then wipe it.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 08:50 PM
    Cab you post a screen shot of your device manager battery usage?

It seems very odd that your battery is discharging that quick. The battery usage should show what apps are misbehaving. Which is my theory.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 09:21 PM
    Looks like finally my love for the passport has worn off enough too that I returned my passport back. No problems per se but was just too wide for my liking. Guess I will be putting the sealed one for sale on here if anyone is interested. Back to my Z30.
    Last edited by androacct; 11-05-14 at 10:14 AM.
    11-05-14 07:52 AM
138 ... 456