I have a looooong history of owning BlackBerry devices, but when it comes to BB10 ones, I've had the z10 and currently sport the passport

I've seen people bash the BlackBerry leap, which is the alleged next low end phone from BlackBerry. I could talk about it for some time but alas that's not the point of this post. In the comments, people have talked about preferring an All-touch Passport instead. I've had this phone for months now, and I can't imagine gaining any advantage from it being fully touchscreen. Could someone please tell me why they would want such a device? The way I see it, won't it take away from the 1:1 aspect of the current iteration and it doesn't seem to serve ANY difference from the current batch of touch devices. Matter fact, 16:9 or 16:10 makes the most sense for touchscreen devices. Then again, I wanna see what you guys say

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 02:17 PM
    I love my passport but I can type faster on the touch screen. So I would prefer an all-touch passport.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    02-26-15 02:24 PM
    4:3 is an excellent way to get 0 app compatibility...

Posted via CB10
    thedose and anon(2313227) like this.
    02-26-15 02:27 PM
    The whole point of the awkward design of the passport was to merge a physical keyboard with a large display. I have no idea why a person would want a full touch passport, as they would lose (imho) the most important feature of the device, that being the real keyboard.

I'd choose a regular 16:9 device over a touch passport any day

Sent from my Passport
    Last edited by Bobert_123; 02-27-15 at 07:02 PM.
    Dave Bourque and thedose like this.
    02-26-15 02:42 PM
    16:10 device with a keyboard that flips up. With choice of using hardware or full touch.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 02:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    Fantastic !
    02-26-15 02:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    Then BlackBerry10 will be able to run iOS app lol. Huge compatibility there. Oh the dream of being able to run app from both iOS and android

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport - 10.3.1.2243
    02-26-15 03:45 PM

Posted via CB10
    No its not. If you can scale between 16:9 z30+z3 and 1:1 Q+PP you can scale to 4:3.

1:1 4:3 16:9 64:27

The really brainless decision was to release the first phone Z10 with 1280x768 resolution which does not scale to anything it's not even 16:10 it's 5:3

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 04:55 PM
    As I posted before on this:

SS frame, wide all touch, definitely would be the best looking touch phone.

- people love to have a big shiny screen, for work and play
    - 4:3 ratio would be ideal (especially for those that don't prefer the "black" bars)
    - This would be the closest to an 8.5x11 sheet of paper, amazing for work, work wide theme personified
    - although the capacitive touch keyboard is amazing, the BB Virtual keyboard is amazing as well. Virtual keyboard is better for non English characters
    - definitely will be less of a need for a tablet, especially for the working professional
    - probably more popular form for the new school enterprise peeps
    - the passport size is the perfect size for Biggish type phones, way more pocket friendly than the other big phones which are stupid tall
    02-26-15 05:19 PM
    I really don't think BlackBerry should keep stretching their resources by introducing a completely new form. The OS needs to have so many different iterations to accommodate the various forms they already have (Q series, Z series, Classic, and Passport) and a 4:3 would be another one they would have to do the same.

I think it would be an awesome looking device if they did make one, but frankly, they have the devices that they need already. If they really want to compete in the all-touch category, they really need to take a cue from the 'other guys 'and find a form and stick to it. Replace the guts every now and again to make people happy and keep up with the Jones's.

The ONLY way that it would make sense for them to make an all touch Passport is if they also made another true tablet that also utilizes the 4:3 ratio. But then it wouldn't be the Passport Touch, it would be the Playbook10 Mini.

02-26-15 05:49 PM
    I really don't think BlackBerry should keep stretching their resources by introducing a completely new form. The OS needs to have so many different iterations to accommodate the various forms they already have (Q series, Z series, Classic, and Passport) and a 4:3 would be another one they would have to do the same.

I think it would be an awesome looking device if they did make one, but frankly, they have the devices that they need already. If they really want to compete in the all-touch category, they really need to take a cue from the 'other guys 'and find a form and stick to it. Replace the guts every now and again to make people happy and keep up with the Jones's.

The ONLY way that it would make sense for them to make an all touch Passport is if they also made another true tablet that also utilizes the 4:3 ratio. But then it wouldn't be the Passport Touch, it would be the Playbook10 Mini.

Agree. Modifying the OS to a new form is a tons of work. And when it's just another phone it's probably not worth it. If it's a tablet then it would be a different story.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport - 10.3.1.2243
    02-26-15 06:59 PM
    an all touch passport would be a real game changer for blackberry. A high end all touch device. Many others and i are waiting. COME ON, COHAAGEN! GIVE THESE PEOPLE AIR.
    02-26-15 07:09 PM