My wife would like a new phone ...she has a samsung sgh-a707 which is quite advanced for its age and has a microSD expansion, camera, etc. She NEVER USES data at all, no email, no browser, nothing. She might use some means of transfer of her photos to a printing service if the camera were a little better. The fone is a flip & fits in her purse nicely. I was thinking of getting her a blackberry so blend & link could be helpful. But, the passport is WAY too big for her use & the classic is a BIG phone with most of the real-estate taken up with a keyboard. She would need full utility in the USA & in north-central EU & a nicer camera & a small format purse friendly. Anything NEW in the pipeline with good specs, or is that all there is ??
    02-25-15 05:51 PM
    The classic is too big? wow.. She could use a Z10 or a pink Q5. IIRC, those are the smallest.

There's some leaked information about an upcoming device, but sporting a 5" screen, I can only imagine it being gigantic to your wife. The rumored Visa/Victoria's also supposed to have a similar screen size.
    02-25-15 05:56 PM
    Well, let's see... there's the iPhone 5s, 6 and 6+. Three devices to choose from, all touch.

On the Android end, there's a bunch, from things that won't ever be updated, to shiny flagships, but also all touch.

Windows Phone has an assortment of sizes, but also all touch.

BlackBerry has a wide array of devices, yet it's "all there is"?

Mobile World Congress is next week and BlackBerry is expected to present a roadmap.
    thymaster likes this.
    02-25-15 06:02 PM
    Z10 fits the bill -- fairly old but 10.3.1.xxxx makes it feel like new and you can get a good deal if you look around.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 06:11 PM
    Sounds like you wife is better off with a non-smart phone.
    02-25-15 06:13 PM
    Yeah, z10 or a q5 would probably be good. You can get a q10 as well, which is better than the q5....

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 02:38 AM
    Maybe she doesn't need a BlackBerry in this case.
    02-26-15 02:56 AM
  8. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Z10 would be perfect for her!! I still use mine and with os 10.3.1 its fantastic!

I use Passport as daily driver..
    02-26-15 02:59 AM
    Sounds like you wife is better off with a non-smart phone.
    Would have to agree. Or a Nokia Lumia for the 20MP camera, maybe?
    Last edited by Alfisti2016; 02-26-15 at 04:37 AM.
    02-26-15 04:01 AM
    My wife would like a new phone ...she has a samsung sgh-a707 which is quite advanced for its age and has a microSD expansion, camera, etc. She NEVER USES data at all, no email, no browser, nothing. She might use some means of transfer of her photos to a printing service if the camera were a little better. The fone is a flip & fits in her purse nicely. I was thinking of getting her a blackberry so blend & link could be helpful. But, the passport is WAY too big for her use & the classic is a BIG phone with most of the real-estate taken up with a keyboard. She would need full utility in the USA & in north-central EU & a nicer camera & a small format purse friendly. Anything NEW in the pipeline with good specs, or is that all there is ??
    Have you had her actually hold the Classic? I kind of disagree with some of the commenters above as android, windows, and Apple can be very overwhelming for people coming from older phones. The Classic is very easy to use, has a hard keyboard like her flip phone and all messages will be delivered to one place (the hub). Since all messages get delivered her, she might actually enjoy linking her email to her phone. She will also have the option of using the Internet, should she ever desire to. I feel like the screen size would be comparable to her previous phone, although upgraded visually and with touch capability. My wife hates technology and I pried her away from her flip phone. We tried almost every phone out there and she has always said the blackberry was the easiest to use.
    02-26-15 04:53 AM
    Classic isn't a BIG phone in my opinion. If it is then the Q10 and Q5 are smaller alternatives. Contrary to what you might hear. All BB10 phones have excellent cameras which can take amazingly sharp, clear and detailed photos with beautiful colour reproduction. The Z3 and Q5 have only 5MP cameras while the passport has a 13MP. All the others have the same 8MP camera. If classic specs are good enough, then Q10 specs would also be good enough and the price is much cheaper than the classic. Z30 is still a powerhouse and is very snappy. That would run almost anything she through at it very well. She might like a Passport since it's a very stylish phone. White with tan BlackBerry Flip Case is a beautiful combination and the specs would mean her experience would be very snappy and responsive. It's quite purse friendly and is only as tall as a Z10 and not that much wider when held side by side.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 05:55 AM
    I see less bands on the classic & need it to work in Belgium... name of GSM carrier is Proximus... http://www.unlockonline.com/mobilene.../proximus.html
    Have you had her actually hold the Classic? I kind of disagree with some of the commenters above as android, windows, and Apple can be very overwhelming for people coming from older phones. The Classic is very easy to use, has a hard keyboard like her flip phone and all messages will be delivered to one place (the hub). Since all messages get delivered her, she might actually enjoy linking her email to her phone. She will also have the option of using the Internet, should she ever desire to. I feel like the screen size would be comparable to her previous phone, although upgraded visually and with touch capability. My wife hates technology and I pried her away from her flip phone. We tried almost every phone out there and she has always said the blackberry was the easiest to use.
    Last edited by patapoof; 02-26-15 at 06:16 AM.
    02-26-15 06:06 AM
    Maybe this video might help...
    02-26-15 06:20 AM
    I see less bands on the classic & need it to work in Belgium... name of GSM carrier is Proximus... http://www.unlockonline.com/mobilene.../proximus.html
    Looks like the AT&T Classic has the proper bands for that carrier (1800). Plus you will also have wireless charging (another convenient feature my wife loves). Check out the Blackberry website under connectivity specs. The ATT version is different than the previously released classic specs.
    02-26-15 06:47 AM