FDA approves medical-image software for Apple mobile devices - Los Angeles Times

iPad is already entrenched, will be interesting to see.
    I guess you didn't read the article

It's more to do with the software than hardware and that was several years ago. Display technology and resolution have come a long way. It's more about getting the software onto a device and right now as we speak just as in the article doctors are using other devices not just apple products. How do I know?? My doctor pulled up my x-rays after a cortisone shot a few days before on his note 3.

But I agree these other competitors are in the door and BlackBerry needs to step it up.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 10:09 PM
    If it works in the Medical profession . This could transfer to Enterprise .

It would have to be 5.8 to 6.5 inches on the screen.

It would need to be more powerful than the Z30 in terms of specifications.

The battery life would have to be phenomenal. 36 hours on one charge.

This bodes well for the future.

Where is the '10' in BlackBerry 10? �

BlackBerry...Get it done!! �

Posted via CB10
    05-05-14 12:42 PM
    Any update? I am ready for this device. I will switch from Q10 to this NOW. Blackberry is doing something new here. A pioneer in this size of smartphone with a real keyboard. Watch up. It just takes one device to be a commercial success again for most of company.

Posted via CB10
    neoberry99 likes this.
    05-10-14 01:31 AM
    Agreed. BlackBerry has to stay the course. Eventually even hipsters, teenagers and college/university students need to get a job and grow out of their toys

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2228, Z30, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    when they move on from university and become doctors, lawyers and engineers etc etc, they'll still be using these "toys" you speak of. They had to have been pretty incredible "toys" to knock BlackBerry off their perch
    kenshin92 likes this.
    05-10-14 01:52 AM
    What a horrible way to view x-rays. I'd be annoyed if my doctor veiwed my x-rays on such a small screen.
    05-10-14 02:02 AM
    What a horrible way to view x-rays. I'd be annoyed if my doctor veiwed my x-rays on such a small screen.
    You'd be surprised how a 4.5inch screen with high ppi looks like, it's quite big!

Can't wait for this device (and potential renderings in the meantime )

Posted via CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    05-10-14 08:14 AM
    You'd be surprised how a 4.5inch screen with high ppi looks like, it's quite big!

Can't wait for this device (and potential renderings in the meantime )

Posted via CB10
    Precisely, it's not so much the screen size as it is the resolution of the image you're looking at. I've attempted to read "full-sized" x-rays that were next to impossible to glean any useful information from because they were far too blurry/poorly captured.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-14 09:25 AM
    Any healthcare IT platform that goes mobile would be insane not to support what most doctors and other healthcare workers are already carrying around. Do you think doctors are going to carry around more than one device 24/7? Yes, we always have them because things come up after hours which can be easy to take care of or a huge hassle depending on the info you have access to. So, any of these platforms is going to have an iOS and Android app. And, yes, it can all be HIPPA compliant. Those regs don't get any more technical than passwords, encryption, and doing things like fax cover sheets.
    05-10-14 09:46 AM
    Doctors, Fire Fighters, Emergency Units, still use pagers because first responders need a reliable device to receive emergency calls quickly on a dedicated network, I believe BlackBerry is going after this market, they already have the dedicated network...

Why do doctors still use pagers?

Also this NANTHEALTH DeviceConX (iSirona) - NANTHEALTH

Z30 on 10.2.1 in Canada
    Sounds good but seriously how have they not introduced walky talky capability in a BB. Its a****ing easy sell BB Security, security guards police force Come on BB why you wasting QNX acoustic division. Intresting none the less. Everything goes back to the BB network.
    05-20-14 08:03 AM
84 ... 234