because for some reason the new passport needs to be left on if you want to set the alarm, it appears that leaving it on week after week after week just so you can have the morning alarm go off has a bad effect upon it's workings. I have seen a never ending cascade of problems that won't go away, and this morning the real cherry on top:
    the alarm went off but unlike normal use, i was unable to turn it off. usually just touching the screen does this, and then it wants the screen lock password, then it goes to the home screen, then you have to wipe up to get back to the alarm and then you can close the clock window down. kinda dumb (the torch had this all figured out, why the passport doesn't work that way i don't know).
    but now, it simply won't shut off. i have tried everything, and nothing is turning off the alarm and vibrating. it has been going on now non stop for 45 minutes.
    i thought i could remove the battery and re-insert it but then discovered this model does not let you remove the battery!
    so i tried the hail mary pass- switching it off.
    bad idea. now, it is stuck in the middle of being shut off (far from on, far from off) and has been going buzz buzz alarm alarm non stop. so, with a full battery since it was charged just yesterday afternoon, i estimate it will take a week or more before it shuts down, and the blackberry logo will be burned into the screen perhaps. well; i guess it's definitely a warranty replacement item now, but that is going to be a lot of fun. I bought it in the UK and went back to canada so who knows how i can even do this, apart from spending about three grand on a trip back just to have it replaced... let's hope geek squad in canada honours my UK geek squad insurance policy for it.
    in the meantime passport owners, it might be time to put the heat onto blackberry and demand they finally change the OS to get rid of this alarm bug. I have had a lot of issues with the alarm, but this one had destroyed my passport since it had become un-turn-off-able
    oh the pain.
    06-15-15 06:56 AM
    Press and hold power button for 20 seconds....

Posted via CB10 from BlackBerry Passport
    marshalayy likes this.
    06-15-15 07:38 AM
    Sounds like you're in a bad place!
    A hard reset seems in order, press and hold plus/minus keys until screen changes.

I didn't fully grasp the thing about having to leave the device on for the alarm to work? If you completely power down then obviously the alarm won't work.

However, the way I use it is in bedside mode, and then on a charger. This leaves the clock screen on, very much dimmed. And I can toggle the alarm on and off from there. Works every time without fail for me.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 02:43 AM