Just started Carrying a passport again. Fascinated complements just started rolling in.

A woman at the drive through COVID-19 testing center got a look at my phone and was amazed by it. Her exact words: That's bad*ss.

Of course she thought it was some brand-new phone model she had not seen yet. Nope. This is old tech, I told her. She was cute too.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by FortressBB10; 01-05-21 at 08:11 PM.
    herbersh, bh7171 and truth4u like this.
    01-05-21 05:18 PM
    Just started Carrying a passport again. Fascinated complements just started rolling in.

A woman at the drive through COVID-19 testing center got a look at my phone and was amazed by it. Her exact words: That's bad*ss.

Of course she thought it was some brand-new phone model she had not seen yet. Nope. This is old tech, I told her. She was cute too.

Posted via CB10
    Only impressed with this if you got me some digits...….
    owenpye likes this.
    01-05-21 08:26 PM
    Personally... I think a retro candybar PKB phone would sell - maybe not in the millions and millions, but enough. Even if it was only a $150 4G Feature Phone running KaiOS.
    But would love to see a NOKIA update "E" series PKB smartphone. Have a better shot standing out in a US carrier store with one of those than any of their Slab clones.

But then I don't have marketing data or cost analysis or trend reports that manufactures use.
    the_boon and owenpye like this.
    01-06-21 09:39 AM
    But would love to see a NOKIA update "E" series PKB smartphone. Have a better shot standing out in a US carrier store with one of those than any of their Slab clones.
    100% agree. But I think those QWERTY "E" phones should primarily replace T9 dumbphones.

If there's a place for T9 in this day and age, then there should be a place for QWERTY in the dumbphone space. If someone wants a dirt cheap plan for calls and sms, why would he want a T9 for said sms?
    01-06-21 10:35 AM
    Only impressed with this if you got me some digits...….
    I should have asked but I could not get a real good look at her under the mask. It would have been a crapshoot sort of.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-21 02:27 PM
    Had similar experience in a bar. The barkeeper girl said as she seen me hammering text into my PP: "whaaa, I need one like that!" she tought it is a brand new phone.
    01-10-21 01:46 AM
    Had similar experience in a bar. The barkeeper girl said as she seen me hammering text into my PP: "whaaa, I need one like that!" she tought it is a brand new phone.
    I love retro tech that is more impressive than the new stuff.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-21 02:59 AM