Decided to give the priv a miss so looking at the passport or z30.

Question is how do the apps handle the wide screen on the passport

Posted via CB10
    11-19-15 03:26 PM
    Native apps good of course. Android apps also good but I don't use that much android apps

Posted via BlackBerry Passport ‎
    11-19-15 03:28 PM
    Z30 is still a beast phone and worth more than you'll pay nowadays. It will give you tons of pleasure and the screen estate is its advantage over the Passport when it comes to playing videos and games. However, it is a two year old technology and with the upgrades in specs that Passport has, I strongly recommend the Passport, SE preferably. Plus the pkb and the flow of the OS are amazing.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-15 03:53 PM
    Decided to give the priv a miss so looking at the passport or z30.

Question is how do the apps handle the wide screen on the passport

Posted via CB10
    Changed from the Z30 to the Passport SE ... after trying the Priv and returning it. Wanted the keyboard really badly after sending out a ton of important emails with awful auto-correct emails. Honestly the Passport SE is awesome but the keyboard will take some getting used to. After a few days I'm still slower but much more accurate. And everything else about the device is fantastic right away. No regrets. Z30 is the best for a non physical keyboard but...

Posted via CB10
    11-19-15 04:21 PM
    You won't go wrong with the Passport. I have the SE model, and only had one problem. I cracked the chin, and it's in sick bay getting fixed right now.
    Apps work great. Once you get used to the wide screen, it will be hard for you to go to a rectangular screen. I using a Note 4 while my Passport is being repaired, and boy do I miss it.
    Shop blackberry is your best place IMHO to get your Passport. I got a lot of goodies with mine.
    11-19-15 04:53 PM
    Native apps scale fine the PP. Some Android apps look funky -- but if you are relying mostly on the Android apps it would make sense to go for the Priv.

I tried the Priv for the last five days and returned it today... went back to my old original black Passport. I dabble in Android apps (mostly for banking, where there are few BBOS apps) but otherwise I am in the hub and browser for the most part.
    11-19-15 06:05 PM
    Z30 is still a beast phone and worth more than you'll pay nowadays. It will give you tons of pleasure and the screen estate is its advantage over the Passport when it comes to playing videos and games. However, it is a two year old technology and with the upgrades in specs that Passport has, I strongly recommend the Passport, SE preferably. Plus the pkb and the flow of the OS are amazing.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. It's a worthy buy.

My Canada My BlackBerry My Z30
    11-19-15 06:43 PM
    Most Android apps scale fine (though I only have a couple of them), only Monopoly looks a bit funky and is a bit hard to read every now and then, but all of my other Android scale fine on the Passport. But I'm using mostly native apps and they all scale fine.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 01:11 AM
    I've had next to zero problems with apps scaling on my Passport.

The width takes some getting used to, but if you can get past that it's actually a pretty impressive device.

Posted from CB10 on my classy Passport--TBUCK64
    11-20-15 01:16 AM