The more I use the passport, the more I love it. It's not perfect, there are some issues with it, but overall great phone. I have never seen a phone get so much attention before. Of all the Blackberry Phones I have ever owned this one draws a lot of attention and so many people heard about it. Just in the last two weeks, I must have convinced about 8 people to buy the passport. When you show them what it was designed for , they truly appreciate it. I even had 3 young adults around the age of 22 - 24 love it and thought it was cool and one of them as a girl working at Canadian tire and she had an old bold and been waiting for a phone like this from BB. Last week she showed off her new passport to me when I was there. I wonder if I can get some kick backs from BB .

I have been using the OS 10.3.1154 the last 5 days and love it. Yes it has a couple of bugs but solved a lot of bugs for me from 10.3.0.908 . I hated the calendar in .908, hated the battery life , it was choppy to use, many android apps crashed. With .1154, I find it smooth and the battery lasts me all day now with heavy usage and still have about 8 hours left after 10:00pm. I love the android zoom feature.. Android apps that were not designed for the square screen work great on it. My biggest issue with .1154 is the sound volume is so low and even at max, I find I miss a lot of messages and calls. Not sure what they did with it.. The other issue is Flash support on the browser, why remove it. I have web sites that use flash and also my own business site.. I can't wait for the production release.

I am also now used to the keyboard and I can type as fast as I did with my Z30 and my accuracy is great on a physical keyboard. The size of the phone was large at first, but once you get use to it, I can't imagine using a smaller device. I no longer take my laptop and tablet with me on the road when I am doing work, I find it with the passport , I can do 95% of my work on it.

Areas of Improvement:

The app support for the passport apps truly stinks at BB world. I have had 5 developers update the app over 3 weeks ago and uploaded for Blackberry to approve and release for the passport and they still have not done so. I contacted BB via Twitter and asked them to turn on device compatibility to about 10 apps that I know work from Snap, but I paid on BB world, they don't seem to understand what I want them to do. I show them screen captures, error messages , its like talking to #$@$#@'s. I worked in the it department for 20 years at IBM and I provided application support for various clients around the world and not impressed with BB on this side. On my z30 I have access to 20 times more apps on BB world than I do on passport. I wish I could some how fool BB world that I am using a z30 so I can download the apps. I truly think that BB doesn't know that all those apps are blocked in their app store.

The built quality of the Passport is the best I have seen and also looks sharp and professional. But the back cover squeaks and I heard other people on the forum complaining. I also wish BB would have released an OEM holster(small beef).

When people ask me how I like the passport, I tell them its the best business phone I have ever used.. Very powerful and well designed,, at first I thought the passport was a joke when the announced it.. But once you see the benefits you truly appreciate it. I also tell them that the app support for the square screen is not quite there, but with snap and amazon, goes a long way to resolve that issue. If blackberry releases an all touch passport, I would buy it because I like the work wide, but I also like the tall screen space for apps and movies and photos.. I would even make it a little taller, then it would be a true tablet replacement..
    Last edited by ArsenG; 11-30-14 at 06:48 PM.
    Jamie Wooten, trd09 and ckasey like this.
    11-30-14 06:27 PM
    Awesome! Glad you like it. I wish I could get my hands on one!!!!
    Last edited by mrfreeze574; 11-30-14 at 08:48 PM.
    ArsenG likes this.
    11-30-14 06:36 PM
    How is the calendar better in 1154?

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 08:13 PM
  4. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Yes and going to get even better once OS 10.3.1 is released!!!

From my awesome Passport

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 08:43 PM
    Another happy Passort user!

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    11-30-14 08:46 PM
    Just got mine delivered today! Finishing up latest leak and will be visiting AT&T first thing tomorrow morning for my nano sim. I can't wait to start using it! My kids hate it but my wife loves it. They are using Z10's as I was. Probably going for order another for the wife tomorrow. Kids are going to have to wait until BlackBerry releases an all touch. It's a shame that the Z30 was never adopted by AT&T as that would hold my kids over. The battery on the Z10's are terrible for what they use the phone for. Looking forward for all the odd stares at work tomorrow

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 09:03 PM
    Just got mine delivered today! Finishing up latest leak and will be visiting AT&T first thing tomorrow morning for my nano sim. I can't wait to start using it! My kids hate it but my wife loves it. They are using Z10's as I was. Probably going for order another for the wife tomorrow. Kids are going to have to wait until BlackBerry releases an all touch. It's a shame that the Z30 was never adopted by AT&T as that would hold my kids over. The battery on the Z10's are terrible for what they use the phone for. Looking forward for all the odd stares at work tomorrow

Posted via CB10
    Have fun showing it off at the ATT store. If your experience was like mine the sales reps will be fawning over it, as they had heard about it but not seen it yet.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 09:29 PM
    I've had mine a month and the all I can say about the size is that USING the phone is better/easier and carrying it around is not. It fits easily in a shirt or jacket pocket but sitting down with the phone in the front pocket of your jeans can be uncomfortable.

Using maps in my car is great, but I needed a different mount that grips the phone top and bottom and not side to side.

Posted via CB10
    ArsenG likes this.
    11-30-14 09:32 PM
    Flash is gone in 10.3.1. Official release won't help.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 09:45 PM
    Well, finally!!
    A happy Passport user who is not afraid to put it in writing.
    Congratulations on your phone and many more happy years.
    11-30-14 10:18 PM
    Flash is gone in 10.3.1. Official release won't help.

Posted via CB10
    Yes. Flash is gone for good, like every other mobile platform already.
    11-30-14 10:22 PM
    I just picked one up 5 hours ago and I'm starting to get used to it. ( what a beast) My q10 is going into retirement haha
    ArsenG likes this.
    11-30-14 10:29 PM
    How is the calendar better in 1154?

Posted via CB10
    The calendar in 10.3.905 was terrible with appointments, the times were thrown off by 4 hours, I had to constantly change the time zones to something else and change it back for it to work. The rest was monthly view, I like the new version better which is close to the original release.
    12-01-14 05:29 AM
    I've had mine a month and the all I can say about the size is that USING the phone is better/easier and carrying it around is not. It fits easily in a shirt or jacket pocket but sitting down with the phone in the front pocket of your jeans can be uncomfortable.

Using maps in my car is great, but I needed a different mount that grips the phone top and bottom and not side to side.

Posted via CB10
    I agree for maps in the car, the device is amazing. I use waze for traffic and cops) . I tried 5 different car mounts for the passport and the best one by far is the pro clip solution. It is custom made for your car and device. As a cheap solution when I drove my wife's car, I had bought a cheap plastic case for the passport for $4.99 and I glued a piece of rectangular plastic on the back and now fits all vent clips or any other car mounts.. At the end I just ordered a custom car mount from pro clip for her car.. I got the one that was inter changeable with her IPhone 6 and my passport with easy move adaptor.
    12-01-14 05:33 AM

Posted via CB10
    In my situation, my wife hated the passport and my two boys 7 and 10 loved it.. They love playing games on it.. The love the razor sharp screen and clarity and the size is awesome. The z30 was the best all touch phone ever made,, I still have mine and it is truly amazing. If they had released an updated version of the z30 say 5.2" High resolution, 64gb internal memory. Killer camera(this is very important to women) Then I would have bought one for my wife instead of the stupid Phone 6. Don't get me wrong the hardware for Iphone 6 is stunning,, but just can't stand the OS.. The email, the contact layout , interface, flexibility lack adding a sd card, simple advanced search facility the OS is like a toy. Once you get used to the hub, can't imagine using anything else..

I told my wife, the next upgrade if BB releases a z30 replacement , I would ditch her IPhone 6 and take her back to blackberry. She loved her old blackberry but the brain washing of being cool with her friends and Iphone,, is a very powerful marketing by Apple. Very few of our female friends use anything else except and Iphone. The men in our circle all use android or BB.
    12-01-14 05:45 AM
    Mee too

Posted via CB10
    ArsenG likes this.
    12-01-14 06:22 AM
    Once you do get the passport, give it a week to start to appreciate what it was designed for. When I got the passport the first 2 days, I wasn't truly happy.. but now I find when I pick up my z30 or my wifes Iphone, they look and feel like toys.. I have no issues with the size.. as I stated, if they make the same phone all touch and even longer, I would grab it..
    12-01-14 05:03 PM
    This battery is sick! I've been hammering this thing since 8:00am and I'm at 55%! Oh the looks I got today too!

Posted via CB10
    ArsenG likes this.
    12-01-14 05:12 PM