Before you all jump down my throat, let me make one thing clear: I think the Passport still is the best smartphone I've ever used. The battery life rocks, BB10 is super stable, and I love the physical keyboard. Unfortunately, there's a few things that steered me back to Android, and it simply has to do with my work flow. I know it's not going to happen, but I really wish BlackBerry would offer an Android Passport.

Google Voice/Hangouts integration: If some of you aren't familiar, you get a free phone number from Google (I ported mine back in). Then, what you do is point your Google Voice number to the number given to you by your carrier. With Google Voice, you can make free phone calls over WiFi anywhere in the world, and the international rates are ridiculously cheap. You can text message from any device with an internet connection. It is HANDS DOWN more seamless and better integrated then Blend ever was. If you are around WiFi all day, you could seriously get by with no cellular plan at all. After over a year away from Google Voice, I can say the call quality has increased substantially. I tried to make it work with my Passport when I first got it, but ended up porting out of Google Voice because it was a hassle using it on BlackBerry.

Reminders and To-do lists: I need information in front of me. The more steps between me and my to-do lists/calendars (opening apps or swiping pages to get to them), the less of the chance I'll actually see them and just forget; I have a really short attention span. I wish the Passport could support widgets. I was able to get a Galaxy Note Edge (the Note 4 with the second discreet edge panel) for super cheap, and with Google Keep and Calendar widgets on the home screen, the information is always in front of me, and I have noticed myself taking care of things better. I can also be sitting at my computer, pull up my calendar or Keep, add a note, and it's immediately on my device. Remember didn't have that ability, so it forced me to take out my device and jot it down on there. A lot of times, my thoughts never made it to the Passport. I know there's Evernote integration, but again, there were just too many steps to get to my notes. It's just how I work, but after a year of using the Passport, Remember never worked that well for me. I also find the voice command features better and more full-fledged with Google. Most of the S-Pen features are super gimmicky, but I find myself pulling it out, jotting down a quick note, and sticking the pen back in without turning on the device fully (Note 5 Screen Off Memo was ported for the Note 4).

Those are really my two biggest issues with the Passport, but nonetheless I may be back. I'm selling my red OG but keeping my black one because this is the first phone I've ever used that I want to keep around permanently.
    01-23-16 11:53 AM
    i hear ya there's just some things that bb10 cant do hopefully most people will understand here and not bring you to the town square for some mid-evil punishment
    01-23-16 01:46 PM
    BB10 is not for everyone, sorry it didn't work for you. Maybe some day it'll offer what you need, but that's not looking very likely at this point. Truthfully I'm moving to Android myself for work-related reasons so the Priv is my next step.

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 likes this.
    01-23-16 01:51 PM
    I used a Moto E with Google voice/hangouts a year or so ago. It was the most undependable phone combination I have ever used. I could call out but it was a hit or miss proposition when someone tried to call in. I sure hope it had gotten better since then.

As always YMMV.
    01-23-16 02:26 PM
    I used a Moto E with Google voice/hangouts a year or so ago. It was the most undependable phone combination I have ever used. I could call out but it was a hit or miss proposition when someone tried to call in. I sure hope it had gotten better since then.

As always YMMV.
    How so? Just rings your phone like normal...
    01-23-16 02:44 PM
    At least fifty percent of of the time the phone would not ring, or if it did ring, it would be after a rather long period of time. The only way I would find out if someone called is when I checked the phone logs. I finally gave up on it being a cheap home phone solution and sold the Moto E.

My wife uses an LG F6. She likes it. On the other hand I prefer OS10.
    01-23-16 02:56 PM
    Well sound like you had to find what will work for you and your job, But i have to ask......
    Why did you not post here.....
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...l#post12216783
    01-23-16 05:48 PM
    Well sound like you had to find what will work for you and your job, But i have to ask......
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...l#post12216783
    I wonder how many people looks at that thread.
    For one, I don't
    HonnyBrown likes this.
    01-23-16 10:07 PM
    Because I do what I want
    01-24-16 12:14 AM
    To OP, I don't think it's fair for anyone to bash you. I for one, don't care if you went back to android. It's all about what works best for you, and it sounds like going to the Note 4 was a more efficient choice. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-16 06:29 AM
    i hear ya there's just some things that bb10 cant do hopefully most people will understand here and not bring you to the town square for some mid-evil punishment
    I still like the "tar and feathers" or "riding them out on the rail" (whatever that means! **)

edited to add: ** Looked it up. Wow, painful and apparently it went along with tar and feathering. Rail was not "rail"road but a splintered wooden beam (single rail) and they were seated upon it and carried out of town!
    01-24-16 12:20 PM
    I hear you I got myself an s6 sad to say it but bb10 is over in my eyes that is.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-24-16 01:11 PM
    Firstly, I'm impressed with how the others responded.
    This is how we should all respond to original posters, with civility and openmindedness.

OP, we may all be future Priv users in the future who may seek the tools you listed .

Hopefully they will work on the Priv.

Maybe there will be a Passport android, who knows !!?

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    01-24-16 01:59 PM
    Those are really my two biggest issues with the Passport, but nonetheless I may be back. I'm selling my red OG but keeping my black one because this is the first phone I've ever used that I want to keep around permanently.
    Very balanced post with reasons. I agree when something don't work you it is time to look elsewhere. I am glad you haven't considered the 'holy grail of apps' as the only reason to move away. Apps are lifeline of any OS ecosystem but many just seem to be hankering after them only for kicks. Trouble is when integrated components don't offer what you expect from OS then it is always between devil and deep sea. BB10 could have offered more if it was allowed to mature for 7 years but we can only hope for core updates now without realistically expecting there will be major earth shattering changes in future.
    Hope you enjoy the Black Passport for what it is worth.
    acovey likes this.
    01-24-16 03:23 PM
    No need to feel like you gotta apologize or explain yourself! Your phone choice is your own - if it works for you, awesome.
    01-24-16 03:38 PM
    I agree with anyone that uses Google services should go android. Just makes sense.
    That aso makes sense for those that appreciate the apps that they would gain by switching from BB10 to Android.

BB10 isn't for everyone. Specially in its current state of uncertainty.
    It isn't for anyone that likes to use Google things or "run the Googles".
    Choice is awesome. I just hope I still have the option to use BB10 once my Passport eventually gives out a couple (errr... maybe few) years from now lol.
    I'm a fan of BlackBerry creating the OS and hardware with that "top-down" (gives a warm fuzzy feeling lol) approach for my devices. Will enjoy that synergy for as long as BB10 keeps being an option.

But Android and iOS are also mature systems with great stuff for the rest of you great people :-D

 Passport/SQW100-3 .2876 CB10 
    Last edited by jope28; 01-24-16 at 09:08 PM.
    Optimus4 likes this.
    01-24-16 03:54 PM
    Should have bought a PRIV. I don't care about the price. HA!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    wincyUt likes this.
    01-24-16 04:04 PM
    I hear you, I'm in a similar boat right now. Since I got the passport a year ago, I've been trying to utilize it as much as possible, after all it cost me $600.00.

However, I still found myself still needing my note 3 for certain assignments. This was also the first time I didn't upgrade my to the latest and greatest from Samsung, due to the passport.

I have no idea what I'm gonna do with my Passport, I'll probably get a note 4.

It seems in my opinion that John Chen, told us what we wanted to hear to drive sales on the Passport, until he sealed the deal with Android.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-16 04:08 PM
    It seems in my opinion that John Chen, told us what we wanted to hear to drive sales on the Passport, until he sealed the deal with Android.
    That just sounds like business to me. They promoted their new product at that time.

And we can hardly fault BlackBerry when they actually show some iota of marketing wherewithal.
    01-24-16 08:09 PM
    You know what works for you and you made your decision. No one should jump down your throat for that!
    I like apps. The BlackBerry apps on Amazon constantly crashed. The made for BB apps stopped working. The PlayBook had no apps I was interested in. So while I loved the Z10 and BB10, I went with an Android Galaxy a few months ago for both my phone and tablet.
    01-24-16 09:01 PM
    To OP, I don't think it's fair for anyone to bash you. I for one, don't care if you went back to android. It's all about what works best for you, and it sounds like going to the Note 4 was a more efficient choice. Good luck.
    This ^^^.
    01-24-16 11:19 PM
    <snip>

What did JC say about the Passport that it is not doing?
    01-24-16 11:21 PM
    BBM has free WiFi calling and Video calling. So that is the solution for Google voice.

As far as widgets go, there are a variety of headless Apps that provide widgets for every need.

I think that you went into the passport with an Android mindset which would jade your perception.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-16 12:09 AM
    BBM has free WiFi calling and Video calling. So that is the solution for Google voice.

As far as widgets go, there are a variety of headless Apps that provide widgets for every need.

I think that you went into the passport with an Android mindset which would jade your perception.

Posted via CB10
    Lol, ok. Right. That's why 14 months ago I ported out of Google Voice and dropped everything Android, going all in with the Passport and BlackBerry. No, BBM WiFi and Video calling is NOT a replacement. BBM Video calling is BlackBerry to BlackBerry only, and WiFi calling is when both parties have BBM. If you're in an area with no reception, like my apartment, how are you going to call via WiFi through BBM using your phone number? Right, you can't.

Please show me a widget for your home screen that's notes with the ability to sync immediately with modifications and changes made on a computer or another device. No swipes or opening apps to get to it, it needs to be visible immediately when you go back to the homescreen. Same with a calendar widget.

I'll be waiting. I think you went into your post thinking anyone who goes back to another platform had jaded perceptions to begin with.
    01-25-16 12:30 AM
    Here is my story. After 12 months on BB10, went back to Android! Ta-da! Happy end!.. Well, not exactly. THEN after 3 months with Android I run (even rush) back to Blackberry!
    01-25-16 08:15 AM
62 123