I was forced to move to keyone because clients use whatsapp to communicate. Nice to have access to apps, but didnt use many of them. dropped my keyone and the screen broke. no spares available, I am going to start up my passport and hope it works when I get back home. has anyone tried the whatsapp work around?
    I can do the video call with my father without any problem (he uses an iPhone 7).

Posted via CB10
    03-25-18 01:26 AM
    Yes video call possible but at the cost of quicker battery drain
    You can't even send videos. Photos sometimes fail to transfer
    Apart from media transfer(sending), it is okay for text chatting.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-18 03:20 AM
    I was forced to move to keyone because clients use whatsapp to communicate. Nice to have access to apps, but didnt use many of them. dropped my keyone and the screen broke. no spares available, I am going to start up my passport and hope it works when I get back home. has anyone tried the whatsapp work around?
    Works on my passport with the fixer no problems. Enjoy the passport while we still can.

Posted via my awesome passport
    03-25-18 04:52 AM
    Yes video call possible but at the cost of quicker battery drain
    You can't even send videos. Photos sometimes fail to transfer
    Apart from media transfer(sending), it is okay for text chatting.

Posted via CB10
    I am not facing those issues...for sending big video I use Telegram....

Posted via CB10
    03-25-18 06:57 AM
    I was referring to usage of whatsapp
    For better whatsapp experience, Cannt recommend passport!

Posted via CB10
    03-25-18 11:20 AM
    Dear BlackBerry fans,

I just went to the store and bought a brandnew BlackBerry Passport for just 100 Euro yesterday.

It was a hard decision since I am happy with my KeyOne. But when I saw the price I thought about the glory days of BB10 and the fun we had here.

I watched youtube videos and it just felt good. The design inspired by the building in Toronto from Mies van der Rohe, the keyboard and the unique design. As a designer myself I need things which communicate my personality. I can't imagine having things everybody have.

I am also a minimalist. Seeing the people glued to these smartphones I said to myself, that I don't wanna spend so much time on a device. So I don't need social media apps. It is a waste of time for me and very artificial. If you do business with social media, perfect. But otherwise it is not for me. Too much drama.

I installed whatsapp with APK. Works good. Otherwise I use BBM. Browser works as well the Maps app. And the Keyboard!!! And the user interface.

It is like driving a Jaguar instead of a Nissan Micra. The quality is premium. The design? Flawless. You can't compare the KeyOne with it.

I will test it for a month. If it won't work, I have my KeyOne on the side.

As a minimalist I think this could work out very well. I just wanna be in contact with my peers, family and beloved ones, taking pictures, listen to music, mail and calendar.

The UI of the calendar on the KeyOne is horrible. The one on the passport is like coming home. Speaker quality is ace.

I feel I can have a lot of fun with it. It is like coming home.

I really don't need gazillion of apps. Less is more.

If you think about getting one in 2018 and love being minimalist, this could be the phone to go.

I will keep you updated guys.

Posted via CB10
    I knew the BB10 Passport is the best of the best and that is why I bought three more new Passport SEs a year ago or so. Now I have them as spares until my current one dies.
    berradicted_fr likes this.
    03-25-18 03:30 PM
    I knew the BB10 Passport is the best of the best and that is why I bought three more new Passport SEs a year ago or so. Now I have them as spares until my current one dies.
    They'll probably last longer than the BB10 servers themselves
    03-26-18 04:38 AM
    I wish they sold brand new BB PP here in the USA
    03-26-18 11:18 PM
    I wish they sold brand new BB PP here in the USA
    Brand new three years old?
    03-26-18 11:41 PM
    New units, old stock... Maybe stored in some forgotten/abandoned warehouse? 😋
    03-27-18 12:10 AM
    2 weeks of usage. Sometimes I switch to the KeyOne. Just to switch back to the passport again.

Still, the unique square design and keyboard are unbelievable. It makes so much fun.

KeyOne mostly for watching youtube videos, Philips Hue remote control, crypto currency and wallet.

But I still keep on the passport.

I like being unique. Still no social media for me. Whatsapp works. Browser, too. Mail works like Terminator.

I will report.

Posted via CB10
    dmlis and BBeast like this.
    03-28-18 04:02 PM
    Oh yeah!! Rock on!

Posted via CB10
    BBeast likes this.
    03-29-18 06:58 AM
    Went from Dtek60 to Passport when I had to sent it for repair. Passport whatsapp and fixer is working ok.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-18 12:50 PM
    does anyone know how to get whats app messages to show up on the hub? I downloaded the app through the whatsapp.com/android site. Thanks! and yea, passport is a sweet device.
    BBeast likes this.
    03-29-18 03:34 PM
    The Passport is the fastest and coolest of the BlackBerry 10 devices. The keyboard scrolling alone makes the phone worth using. The square big screen which does not favor an orientation is another unique feature. The q10 has it but the screen is smaller. I use mine quite a bit, with a q10 as a fallback.

Posted via CB10
    dmlis and BBeast like this.
    03-29-18 06:57 PM
    Hi, I agree, I use my passport SQW100-1 from long time now and it's working well for my use. System is updated to 10.3.3.3057, nice phone to use, I will keep it as more time is possible. José

Posted via CB10
    BBeast likes this.
    03-30-18 07:06 AM
    Anyone know where I can get one in Canada? I sold my white Passport last year and regret it a lot even though I made money off of it. Really want to get the Silver Edition as it's built like a tank and I loved reading PDFs on it.

Just want a no nonsense, unique, and high quality phone which this checks all the boxes.
    04-02-18 11:56 AM
    Anyone know where I can get one in Canada? I sold my white Passport last year and regret it a lot even though I made money off of it. Really want to get the Silver Edition as it's built like a tank and I loved reading PDFs on it.

Just want a no nonsense, unique, and high quality phone which this checks all the boxes.
    If you define "nonsense" as anything beyond email, then the Passport is for you.

Check Ebay.ca. They have been out of production for 2.5 years.
    04-02-18 11:58 AM
    If you define "nonsense" as anything beyond email, then the Passport is for you.

Check Ebay.ca. They have been out of production for 2.5 years.
    Passport can do so much more than just emails.

Posted via CB10
    BBeast likes this.
    04-03-18 05:03 PM
    Passport can do so much more than just emails.

Posted via CB10
    Not much though.

Posted via my Awesome Passport SE SQW100-4/10.3.3.2163 pin:2C33423A
    04-03-18 09:34 PM
    Not much though.

GPS, music player, Youtube, ebooks reader, browser, notes, SMS, Telegram, Whatsapp, social networks...

Posted via CB10
    BBeast likes this.
    04-04-18 01:12 AM
    GPS, music player, Youtube, ebooks reader, browser, notes, SMS, Telegram, Whatsapp, social networks...

Posted via CB10
    As of right now. With the runtime never being updated, we only have a couple years at best of android apps. Browser is severely lacking in updates for security purposes.

I'm a guy that uses BB10. I love it. It's my daily driver. It will be a really sad day when I have to finally put it to bed. My HOPE is that I can uses this for YEARS to come. My Passports/Classic have served me well for a lot of years. Most of my emails and school papers were written on either screen with a lot of real estate or a small screen with the classic keyboard.

04-04-18 07:40 AM
    As of right now. With the runtime never being updated, we only have a couple years at best of android apps. Browser is severely lacking in updates for security purposes.

I'm a guy that uses BB10. I love it. It's my daily driver. It will be a really sad day when I have to finally put it to bed. My HOPE is that I can uses this for YEARS to come. My Passports/Classic have served me well for a lot of years. Most of my emails and school papers were written on either screen with a lot of real estate or a small screen with the classic keyboard.

Oh please, we could also be hit by an asteroid and die next year.

We are talking about now, not guessing what will happen in two years.

Currently Passport can do much more than emails, that's a fact.

Posted via CB10
    Qorax, BerryRipe and BBeast like this.
    04-05-18 05:45 AM
    Oh please, we could also be hit by an asteroid and die next year.

We are talking about now, not guessing what will happen in two years.

Currently Passport can do much more than emails, that's a fact.

Posted via CB10
    Or tomorrow android apps could stop supporting the runtime and a lot of the apps you mentioned would be useless. It's all subjective.

You seem pretty defensive about a piece of tech though.

kbz1960 likes this.
    04-05-18 08:21 AM
    The Passport really is in a class by itself. I loved the screen real estate and the design. But it was a bit too bulky and heavy for my liking, and I could never get used to the 3-row keyboard. My muscle memory prefers the 4-row keyboard of the Q10 or Classic.

Welcome home! I hope you enjoy your Passport for as long as you like.
    BBeast likes this.
    04-05-18 08:36 AM
170 1234 ...