Wow. Blackberry should have done more to atract developers to the platform, because users needs evolve. Though I like BB10, I found it to be lacking not only in apps but services when compared to BBOS. I gave up my 9900 bold kicking and screaming when the Q10 came out. Becuase there were apps and services that I didn't want to let go of. Though they left some users behind they didn't improve that much either. In order to bring those users back or attract new ones

Posted via CB10
    When I left BBOS for BB10, I expected BBAndroid. I was severely disappointed. I’m glad that we have BBAndroid now, but I wonder how things would look from hardware/software competitive landscape. We’d probably still be in a similar type scenario because the OS war between OEMs just on Android took out major brands.....
    07-22-18 08:25 PM
    Hi I have just brand new passport. I keep coming back to blackberry. Just love it.

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80 likes this.
    07-23-18 12:25 PM
    dear gents,

this will be my last post concerning the best BlackBerry I have ever owned.

I am selling the device and do a factory reset. I sold it for 100 Euro. the amount I paid on February.

I am kind of sad. you can't design a better phone. holding it in your hand, the keyboard, etc. it was a dream.

unfortunately I must move on. there certain apps I need for crypto currency, smart home, travel and even (yuck) social media. you git to go with the times. I believe in that.

I just got my Key1 and I am a happy camper still.

the BlackBerry 10 OS was world class. too good.

android is mediocre but our only choice. they do improve.

I thank you and wish the hardcore passport HODLers a great time.

I will buy the Key2 when the price will reach a reasonable level. until then I will rock my Key1.
    07-31-18 05:26 PM
  4. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Good for you! It is an excellent unit in my opinion. Too bad BlackBerry is too busy chasing the other groups rather than listening to what their loyal fans are saying.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, all two hundred of them.....

Posted via CB10
    pdr733 likes this.
    08-01-18 07:11 AM
    Good for you! It is an excellent unit in my opinion. Too bad BlackBerry is too busy chasing the other groups rather than listening to what their loyal fans are saying.

Posted via CB10

Sorry, but I missed this one and wanted to add different viewpoint.

Too bad? Really? If BB and BBMo hadn’t “chased” BBAndroid, we’d have no hardware. Enjoy what’s left of BB10. Accept it was eventually going to die. BB10 was born terminally ill. Let it die gracefully and with dignity.

If you and others like BB10, great!!!! The remaining employees and shareholders of the company are thankful for what’s left. Had BB continued with BB10, there would be nothing left now. Zero. Tumbleweeds and Tombstones.
    08-01-18 07:34 AM
    wow so fantastic today, if you has it 10 months and moving to blackberry passport. nice day

 Passport RED Edition 10.3.32163
    08-02-18 11:06 AM
    The way I look at the Passport and the SE version is that it had excellent value.

I believe the launch price was $499 US and $550 respectively. Considering the hardware, the specs which were fairly high end at the time (2014)

Those devices had excellent build quality and we're very unique designs.

I think globally phone prices have gone up a lot so that a lot of these manufacturers can actually turn a profit even those some of the spec prices might have come down for things such as ram, etc.

I do think that BlackBerry Mobile priced the KEY 2 a little too high, I understand a lot of the rational and the costs associated with it but still, $650? I would have kept the price the same to try to rebuild the fan base and the move additional product. At $499 these phones would sell a lot, you would have a lot of people who are willing to try something different.

At $650, which in dollar terms, isn't significant, it's an item that is negative and is mentioned in almost all the reviews and on the BlackBerry fan sites like this. Everybody loves a deal and people buy on deals!

Posted via CB10
    Well said. I've been doing a bit of research re different android devices on different sites/reviews. Apart from the pkb the Key 1&2 are mediocre phones and it seems you can get a better android phone for less, minus the pkb.

It seems that the pricing was too high but since there is no competition in the pkb market you can charge what you like!

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    08-02-18 06:39 PM
    The way I look at the Passport and the SE version is that it had excellent value.

I believe the launch price was $499 US and $550 respectively. Considering the hardware, the specs which were fairly high end at the time (2014)

I think globally phone prices have gone up a lot so that a lot of these manufacturers can actually turn a profit even those some of the spec prices might have come down for things such as ram, etc.

I do think that BlackBerry Mobile priced the KEY 2 a little too high, I understand a lot of the rational and the costs associated with it but still, $650? I would have kept the price the same to try to rebuild the fan base and the move additional product. At $499 these phones would sell a lot, you would have a lot of people who are willing to try something different.

At $650, which in dollar terms, isn't significant, it's an item that is negative and is mentioned in almost all the reviews and on the BlackBerry fan sites like this. Everybody loves a deal and people buy on deals!

Posted via CB10
    At launch, Passport cost also €650.

Same price than the KEY2, but in 2014.
    Meanwhile, phones prices have increased.

Posted via CB10
    the_boon likes this.
    08-03-18 12:40 AM
    Can you direct me to where you find these older working apks for the passport? I got rid of mine and got keyone bc too many of my apps no longer worked. I'd love to pick up a cheap passport on ebay if i could make it somewhat useable. I miss the form factor. It was my fav blackberry of all time.
    08-03-18 03:03 AM
    I don't quite know what he means...i myself am using a Keyone (as I try to sort out a decent battery replacement). I too don't need all the stuff on the Keyone, yes I can shut it off/don't use it...but I find all that extra unneeded stuff just in the way. The Keyone just can't compete with the Passport on the level the OP wants to operate. The Keyone just doesn't seem to integrate the basics to the same smoothness and speed of access that BlackBerry OS10 does (especially on the Passport).

So to buy a good deal on a Passport to get the basic smartphone feature (and truthfully there is a lot more that can still be done when you look or use Cobalt's Play Store fix) is a win win.
    09-30-18 01:39 PM
    Guys, I love my passport and im trying to do as much as I can to get the best performance ir order to make it my daily driver.
    One of the hardest things to me was the battery draining using gloogle play services for any android app, but I think I have find a half fix for this...
    Actually I was during a while watching why system was the main battery draining when google services are installed, and check a lot of things in order to get better battery performance. Try next...
    First of all I discovered in other cb post that bb10 has a little issue with location (gps) and battery draining, so turn off location gps on config. On bb10, and after this, go to BlackBerry google I'd, go to android settings, and turn off location acces...after this,go to app permission and turn off as much as you can of each android app, ESPECIALLY LOCATION!!! Turn off as much as you can...
    After this change I notice that system draining has become the second or the third after screen, like always should be, even the passport don't heat as much as before.
    I hope this can help you, guys, I was very happy to see my old friend working again with me.G.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-18 04:35 PM

Posted via CB10
    $500 would've been an instant go for me. Hopefully, they learn with they Key3.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-18 11:46 PM
    Batteries are the only thing we need to change on BB10 devices. Until you get bored of the screen resolution and very slow processing speed versus your new devices and keep it back in the drawer.
    dmlis likes this.
    12-17-18 12:22 AM
    hello fans, I appreciate this article, because also I did not find myself on the Keyone, its poor quality of manufacture, audio, graphics and operating system, the only thing that remains good is the battery, after having passed the 9900, 9930, 9800, 9300, Q5, Q10, Q10, Z3, Z30, Leap, Classic, Passport, the Keyone, there I leave the Keyone to return on a new Passport, it is so a pleasure to find the quality premium, in any case I'm sure I do not want to go back to Android or iOS, the BlackBerry 10 is just classy.

 BlackBerry Passport Black Edition
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    01-28-19 05:50 PM
    hello fans, I appreciate this article, because also I did not find myself on the Keyone, its poor quality of manufacture, audio, graphics and operating system, the only thing that remains good is the battery, after having passed the 9900, 9930, 9800, 9300, Q5, Q10, Q10, Z3, Z30, Leap, Classic, Passport, the Keyone, there I leave the Keyone to return on a new Passport, it is so a pleasure to find the quality premium, in any case I'm sure I do not want to go back to Android or iOS, the BlackBerry 10 is just classy.

Good luck in eleven months.....
    skrble likes this.
    01-28-19 06:27 PM
    Good luck in eleven months.....
    got it, i still keep it after all.

ratfinkstooley likes this.
    01-28-19 06:31 PM

The KEY2 LE's build quality is miles ahead of the KEYone's imo
    02-01-19 03:58 PM
    The KEY2 LE's build quality is miles ahead of the KEYone's imo
    maybe the quality is better, but android still cheap, and honestly the graphics is ugly when you compare to BB10.

02-02-19 02:11 AM
    maybe the quality is better, but android still cheap, and honestly the graphics is ugly when you compare to BB10.

My AT&T Passport is just a great looking paperweight compared to my AT&T PRIV or AT&T KEYone when placed side by side. Turned on and turned off doesn’t matter.
    stephencooke likes this.
    02-02-19 06:43 AM
    I couldn't agree more with this!!
    03-26-19 01:29 PM
170 ... 567