#1 ) What does increased smartphone sales have to do with the daily average increase in app use by adults?

#2 ) So stats be damned, you personally have the "correct" info?
    1) B'coz of more number/s of phones in ppl's hands. Thus the increase on hits on apps.
    2) Not just me personally, but a plethora of ppl who "understand" things better. And have the experience to fathom things subjectively.
    04-05-18 03:24 PM
    1) B'coz of more number/s of phones in ppl's hands. Thus the increase on hits on apps.
    2) Not just me personally, but a plethora of ppl who "understand" things better. And have the experience to fathom things better.
    1) The stat is AVERAGE app use per day by ADULTS. AVERAGE. Total users is irrelevant.

2) [Citation needed]
    04-05-18 03:26 PM
    Never watched the series, but I think the living being other than the human is depicting you.
    04-05-18 03:30 PM
    Sigh.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-05-18 03:32 PM
    1) The stat is AVERAGE app use per day by ADULTS. AVERAGE. Total users is irrelevant.

2) [Citation needed]
    1) Increase the data-base ~ you have skewed averages.
    2) Citation? It is the experience. Grow up. Please.
    04-05-18 03:34 PM
    1) Increase the data-base ~ you have skewed averages.
    2) Citation? It is the experience. Grow up. Please.
    1) Just no. Increasing the sample size increases statistical accuracy.
    2) Yes, it is childish of me to ask for supporting evidence. And it's "stubborn" of me to provide supporting evidence.
    04-05-18 03:38 PM
    Sigh.
    Don't "sigh", you've been talking nonsense* over the forum for quite sometime now. Your last [truly] valued posts were two years. back.

*Your posts lately are cocky, rude, terse, demeaning to the posters (especially BB10 users) and basically depicting a bad attitude. It is not the same conite of 2016 and before.
    BerryRipe and BBeast like this.
    04-05-18 03:40 PM
    2) Yes, it is childish of me to ask for supporting evidence. And it's "stubborn" of me to provide supporting evidence.
    Your 'supporting' evidence/s are circumstantial. Doesn't help in truly understanding the realities of life, vis-a-vis "normal" users of phones, the subject of discussion.
    04-05-18 03:44 PM
    Your 'supporting' evidence/s are circumstantial. Doesn't help in understanding the realities of life, vis-a-vis "normal" users of phones, the subject of discussion.
    How is statistical analysis by 7 independent reputable firms circumstantial? What evidence do you have to counter all of it?
    04-05-18 03:47 PM
    How is statistical analysis by 7 independent reputable firms circumstantial? What evidence do you have to counter all of it?
    Feelings > facts, bro.
    conite, Carjackd, kbz1960 and 1 others like this.
    04-05-18 03:48 PM
    That statistics do not always matter. And that they can be skewed. Real-time experience, observation suggest that "normal" adults DO NOT keep their eyes glued on their phones. They've better/higher things to do in life.

It is the "kids" who are app gulpers. In the real world we do not need apps (for mobile phones), except for the basics. Every [true] online activity is better done on a larger screen. And most adults use their laptops (or iPads) to do that.
    BBeast likes this.
    04-05-18 03:56 PM
    Feelings > facts, bro.
    True that sir
    04-05-18 03:58 PM
    That statistics do not always matter.

(My) real-time experience, observation suggest that......
    Well. That settles it then.
    04-05-18 03:59 PM
    True that sir
    Drink enough Kool-Aid and even OS/2 Warp looks alive.
    pdr733 likes this.
    04-05-18 04:03 PM
    Feelings > facts, bro.
    He's telling everyone BB10 can only do email. Apparently "facts" are subjective.
    04-05-18 07:55 PM
    He's telling everyone BB10 can only do email. Apparently "facts" are subjective.
    It can do email consistently and without having to sacrifice something to a voodoo god to get it to work, for now, yeah.
    BBeast likes this.
    04-05-18 09:56 PM
    What apps do you use? I'd love to measure your "normalness".
    What's your normal use? Which app do you use in your androids?

Posted via CB10
    04-05-18 11:37 PM
    What's your normal use? Which app do you use in your androids?

Posted via CB10
    I don't purport to be "normal" either, but most people spend a great deal of time on SnapChat, Facebook, and Instagram. They also use a number of banking apps, and instant messaging apps like WhatsApp, Telegram, Messenger, and Signal. At least half of adults play games too.

Streaming apps like Spotify, Pandora, and Google Play Music are very popular.

Of course, wearable apps, Uber, Lyft, and MS Office are essential for many.

Personally, my file management needs far surpass what BB10 offers, and I make daily use of mobile deposit and mobile payment.
    Last edited by conite; 04-05-18 at 11:52 PM.
    pdr733 likes this.
    04-05-18 11:42 PM
    Or tomorrow android apps could stop supporting the runtime and a lot of the apps you mentioned would be useless. It's all subjective.

You seem pretty defensive about a piece of tech though.

Posted via my Awesome Passport SE SQW100-4/10.3.3.2163 pin:2C33423A
    I'm not defensive, jus tired of reading so many Doomsayer messages.

Many Android apps support older Android version because many devices are not running the last version.
    Beside, they are some sites like apkmirror which offer older app versions.
    So no, tomorrow most Android apps will not stop working on the Passport all of a sudden.

And of course, some of the features I listed can be done with native apps, like Neutron or Blaq.
    That's not subjective, it's a fact than right now Passport offers much more than just emails.

Posted via CB10
    BerryRipe and BBeast like this.
    04-06-18 02:05 AM
    I'm not defensive, jus tired of reading so many Doomsayer messages.

Many Android apps support older Android version because many devices are not running the last version.
    Beside, they are some sites like apkmirror which offer older app versions.
    So no, tomorrow most Android apps will not stop working on the Passport all of a sudden.

And of course, some of the features I listed can be done with native apps, like Neutron or Blaq.
    That's not subjective, it's a fact than right now Passport offers much more than just emails.

Posted via CB10
    What good are older versions if many aren't usable if the developer/company blocks the ability to access. I'm referring to account type apps to access trading, savings or checking accounts. These are the biggest uses for much of smartphones beyond social media.
    pdr733 likes this.
    04-06-18 05:51 AM
    Anyone know where I can get one in Canada? I sold my white Passport last year and regret it a lot even though I made money off of it. Really want to get the Silver Edition as it's built like a tank and I loved reading PDFs on it.

Just want a no nonsense, unique, and high quality phone which this checks all the boxes.
    I think the best place for good selection and prices, is your local Kijiji. https://www.kijiji.ca
    04-06-18 08:59 AM
    What good are older versions if many aren't usable if the developer/company blocks the ability to access. I'm referring to account type apps to access trading, savings or checking accounts. These are the biggest uses for much of smartphones beyond social media.
    I don't think so.

I would bet that music listening, GPS, Youtube, searching on the Web, camera are used by far more people than account type apps.

Posted via CB10
    BBeast likes this.
    04-07-18 10:32 AM
    Oh please, we could also be hit by an asteroid and die next year.

We are talking about now, not guessing what will happen in two years.

Currently Passport can do much more than emails, that's a fact.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you for this nitty gritty response, someone finally sees the big picture. If it does the job today then enjoy it and worry about tomorrow another day.

My BB10 devices work very well for what I use a smartphone for, sure there are more advanced phones out there and one day I will move on to an even more advanced phone than what's out there today but that's not happening just yet.

Posted via CB10
    anon(10321802) and BBeast like this.
    04-07-18 11:23 AM
    Week 3 and still on this Passport. I was in the city and all around doing groceries, shopping etc. And let me tell you. I feel unique when people starring at the phone.

It is fun and pure joy.

The Passport does the job. Great call quality, and every usp we discussed.

So far the KeyOne is still in my pocket. But I don't need it.

Again. I am not on any attention media, nor do I play games (got my PlayStation for this job), or need major apps.

I have my BBM and sideloaded whatsapp unfortunately. Email is ace.

And the design. It is a Bauhaus masterpiece

I just recently bought a retro wood table. The passport lies great on it.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-18 05:49 PM
    But can u play Pokemon Go?
    04-07-18 05:59 PM
170 ... 23456 ...