I bought my Passport 3 months ago and was delighted to find that it had my native language Afrikaans on as an option for the display language. It is the first time I have encountered this on a phone. It is excellently done and a joy to use. Yesterday my phone somehow reset it's display language to Basque. I used Google to translate the words in the settings menu to find the language selection again, only to find that Afrikaans as a display language is suddenly not an option anymore. Infuriating and not understandable. How do I load Afrikaans as a display language onto the phone again? I cannot find any clues on the Internet and even my local service provider does not know how.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 05:42 AM
    i checked my pasport here in ontario canada and i have the option of that language change
    i believe it is DEFAULT LANGUAGE OPTIONS so i not shure how your option is missing.

try a hard reset by pressing the volume keys letting go when the phone shuts off let it reboot if that doesent work try
    resetting the phone to reload original software and start over make shure u do a back up in blackberry link

hopefully ist option works if not search forum for lots of info

posted northwest via my passport
    01-09-15 06:49 AM
    I bought my Passport 3 months ago and was delighted to find that it had my native language Afrikaans on as an option for the display language. It is the first time I have encountered this on a phone. It is excellently done and a joy to use. Yesterday my phone somehow reset it's display language to Basque. I used Google to translate the words in the settings menu to find the language selection again, only to find that Afrikaans as a display language is suddenly not an option anymore. Infuriating and not understandable. How do I load Afrikaans as a display language onto the phone again? I cannot find any clues on the Internet and even my local service provider does not know how.

Posted via CB10
    Depending which OS version you have, (as far as I know, the official OS for the Passport is 10.3.0.1418) you might try searching this thread

BB10 Leaked/Beta OS - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

to see if you can find the correct language bar file, and then sideload that (it should be called sys.data.imf.af_ZA.bar). Perhaps someone else on these forums with more knowledge and expertise could provide an opinion on the wisdom of this approach. I'm no expert, so can't say for sure what the outcome will be. It goes without saying that a backup is essential before messing with individual OS bar files.

The other option would be to reload the original OS with BB-Link. Here again, always wise to backup first.

Good luck!!

ps : a hard reset, as suggested above, is also worth a shot
    01-09-15 07:01 AM