Hi!

I own Samsung Galaxy S6, but I would like to change it to BlackBerry Passport. What do you think? Am I doing good?
    I need really good perfomance and battery life. I don`t care about how BBos is partly supporting games/apps from android. I hope many of them works. I can buy it for ~450 dollars, is it good deal?
    Last edited by xSkyer; 12-29-15 at 01:58 PM.
    12-29-15 01:39 PM
    You can change. You don't regret.
    Depends what's your use,your objective with the phone.
    One thing I can tell you, it's a great great phone.

Posted by my beautiful PP Silver
    12-29-15 02:01 PM
    Yes, the Passport is the best phone on the market right now in my opinion.
    12-29-15 02:02 PM
    Depends what you use your device for. If it's mostly phone calls, texting, etc, then the Passport is the way to go. If it's mostly media consumption like YouTube, Netflix, Google Maps, etc, then Android is the way to go. Plus Samsung has a much, much better camera...it's not even close.

I've had both the Passport SE and Note 5, and while there are moments where I miss my SE (loved the keyboard and uniqueness of it), ultimately the Note 5 is a device that better meets my needs. Only you can answer that question though. And if you are going to buy one, I'd try to snag the SE.

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    12-29-15 02:06 PM
    Some games such as Minecraft or smaller ones. I`m going to use it to surf the internet and work with text files. I think it`s good choice because of it`s physical keyboard.
    12-29-15 02:07 PM
    If you use a lot of typing such as emails or web browsing anything more work related, passport is perfect. No phone beats blackberry for emails, not even come close.

If you use a lot of android apps then some of them won't run smoothly, be prepared. Because a lot of them need google play services. Even if you patch them some of them still can't run nicely such as the newest google maps etc...recreation function is just so so.

For me, i am just about ok to handle the app issue...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    12-29-15 03:36 PM
    I just sold my ATT Passport and it was amazing and I bought the SE Passport and even more amazing.
    I have google play on the phone and most of the apps work perfect some have hick ups but that's not a big deal.
    Battery life is incredible at least 16 hours or more! Plus its am eye catcher for sure.

Which Passport you looking at?
    The ATT version has wireless charging but only a couple of cases for it which sucks!
    BerrySoul likes this.
    12-29-15 06:54 PM
    Yeah jump right on it the passport is a great device!

Posted with my BlackBerry Q10
    12-29-15 06:57 PM
    I am not the best one to comment on this thread because I just got my Passport two weeks ago and came off a not very good Android phone, a Motorola Atrix II, but I just love the Passport. I do mostly Texting, email, and web surfing and take photos. I love the hub, and the form factor and keyboard are great. I don't think you will be disappointed.
    12-29-15 07:03 PM
    Battery Life is much better on the Passport

Posted via CB10
    12-29-15 08:21 PM
    Hi!

I own Samsung Galaxy S6, but I would like to change it to BlackBerry Passport. What do you think? Am I doing good?
    I need really good perfomance and battery life. I don`t care about how BBos is partly supporting games/apps from android. I hope many of them works. I can buy it for ~450 dollars, is it good deal?
    Excellent decision, very smart. You will love it.

  
    12-30-15 02:48 AM
    Battery Life is much better on the Passport

Posted via CB10
    How much screen on time?

12-30-15 02:54 AM
    I just sold my ATT Passport and it was amazing and I bought the SE Passport and even more amazing.
    I have google play on the phone and most of the apps work perfect some have hick ups but that's not a big deal.
    Battery life is incredible at least 16 hours or more! Plus its am eye catcher for sure.

Which Passport you looking at?
    The ATT version has wireless charging but only a couple of cases for it which sucks!
    To a normal black. I live in Poland so we don't have ATT. SE version is more expensive.

12-30-15 02:55 AM
    Just switched from the s6 edge. The only thing I can say I really miss is the camera just because you can get so much more of a shot because of the wide angle lens they use for the s6. Besides that bbos 10 provides a better experience overall in my opinion and you can't beat the keyboard on this thing.

Posted via CB10
    kertong likes this.
    12-30-15 03:16 AM
    Just switched from the s6 edge. The only thing I can say I really miss is the camera just because you can get so much more of a shot because of the wide angle lens they use for the s6. Besides that bbos 10 provides a better experience overall in my opinion and you can't beat the keyboard on this thing.

Posted via CB10
    How about perfomance? Blackberry has slower procesor I think. Any lags in apps or games (even if there are not many). I don`t use camera. Only when I want to take a photographe of my cat and send it on snapchat to everyone.
    12-30-15 03:38 AM
    Yeah it does have a slower processor but performance wise it's hardly noticeable. BBOS runs incredibly smooth, the 3 gigs of ram definitively helps even when running apps from the android playstore. There may be a few apps that don't work all that well but majority of them I've had no trouble with at all. Unfortunately I think snapchat is one of the apps that doesn't really work as far as I know, I haven't looked too much into it.

Posted with the blackberry passport's awesome keyboard!
    12-30-15 03:56 AM
    Also battery life is way better, I usually have to charge the s6 pretty early on, especially when in areas with low reception. I've been getting a full day with the passport.

Posted with the blackberry passport's awesome keyboard!
    12-30-15 03:59 AM
    And how about reception? In my S6 it is terrible (on LTE).

P.S I found alternative for snapchat
    12-30-15 04:16 AM
    If you can live with the small app ecosystem then it will definitely be the best device. That's just my opinion

Posted via CB10
    12-30-15 09:04 AM
    Go for the Passport. Once you try BlackBerry Passport you never come-back!

Posted via CB10
    12-30-15 09:36 AM
    My sister has a Samsung S5 mini. I'm not going to try to convert her to BlackBerry or any other company. It took ages to get her mobile and we are both happy with this solution now. We exchange short messages with one photo each via WhatsApp daily. But as a sidenote: the camera of the S5 mini is definitely not better than the SE's.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-15 11:57 AM
    The passport great phone ever it's monster you can run every android games & app but the main app for android you can't run :/ like google camera and google now ... blablabla and have running issue with facebook android version !! but you can use the browser and going to developer mod and change to desktop and use it like pc the bb os it's very nice performance and secure with 3GB of ram fast and not freezing
    this phone i well keep using for two and half years minimum only if blackberry make another passport i well change to upgrade it

GooD LucK with passport don't care about blackberry heaters opinion's
    Last edited by Anas Ayyad; 12-31-15 at 03:44 AM.
    Zeratul57 likes this.
    12-30-15 03:22 PM
    well guys, I guess it depends who is talking.

Got the SE back 3 weeks ago and the Bb browser has a phantom windows popping up once in while when browsing. also my screen has froze up a couple of time. So it is not near perfect.
    probably better than android.

For sure the OS 10 need an optimization. although love the BB blend..No need for a cloud
    12-30-15 04:50 PM
    Passport is a great phone & I love mine. However I wouldn't recommend to just anyone.
    If you are going to use it for general communications, Web browsing & reading, it's excellent choice. But if you use a lot of Android apps, it's not for you. I see you use SnapChat. You can't do it with Passport. For a lot of people, SnapChat alone will be deciding factor I hear...

I recommend you list all apps you can't live without & see if those apps work on Passport unless you plan to keep Samsung as backup. Or you are willing to learn to tinker Passport like Cobalt Google Play Store installation.

I love tinkering. So I've installed Cobalt Google Play Store & be able to use Most of apps I want.

If you need app help, CB has tonnes there too!

Posted via CB10
    12-30-15 10:07 PM
    Why people are talking that BB10os is dead? It`s because Blackberry released expensive android phone? I would like to have phone with support for minimum 1,5 year.
    12-31-15 01:53 PM
30 12