I am using a BB Passport SE, software release 10.3.3.1435

In the HUB Text Messages I have about conversations with people. One of the text conversations is a record of about the last year or more of texts between myself and this contact. I decided I don't need that long history anymore and using a long press and then clicking on Delete I then selected the option to "End Chat" and the chat disappeared form the HUB which seemed good UNTIL I then went into this person's entry in the addressbook and clicked on the option to send this same person a text and the entire text history is shown in a COMPOSE window. This is very annoying as I had assumed that the text history of this contact had actually been deleted which it obviously has not.
    Now if I try to send this same person a text message the COMPOSE window appears with the entire text history of over the past year is shown.
    So, what must I do to actually delete the text history between myself and this contact?
    All my other text conversations appear to be working correctly. it is just this single contact which went awry when I tried to delete the text conversation from the HUB.
    Does anyone have any idea as to how to actually delete the text history of this one contact?
    I would really appreciate any help people can offer to help me resolve this annoyance.
    04-10-18 04:21 PM
    Try sending yourself a txt msg. Reboot then try

BlackBerry since 2006. Passport and KEYone
    04-10-18 06:25 PM
    Hi chiphazard,
    Thank you for taking the time to read through my posting and offer a suggestion.
    I have tried your suggestion and it has not changed the symptom.
    I was able to send myself a text message , reboot and then delete the text message to myself.
    However the original problem remains.
    04-10-18 07:37 PM
    Have you tried deleting the individual messages one by one, it may take some time but it may work?

Posted via CB10 using my P9982 running 10.3.3.3216
    04-11-18 08:19 AM
    I have successfully deleted the text history for this contact. I tried several things and am unsure of which step allowed for the deletion to occur. I removed the memory card rebooted and tried to delete, then removed the SIm card and the memory card and tried to delete, then put both back in and tried to delete the text history. I was still unable to delete the text history.
    I then set the display to conversation mode and after this was able to delete one text at a time. I deleted several thousand this way (only a small portion of the text history of this contact) and after doing so then tried to delete the conversation and it worked. It was a heck of a tedious thing to delete so many messages manually but it proved successful in the end.
    04-15-18 03:18 PM
    Good to hear you managed to sort it out, it's so frustrating when things don't work as they're supposed to.

Posted via CB10 using my P9982 running 10.3.3.3216
    04-15-18 05:01 PM