Hello,

I bought a silver edition, it doesn't have warranty as it was 'used' 14 day returned item. I was reading something unrelated and stumbled across a forum post about raised screen issues.

I hadn't noticed anything when playing around before hand, but after I checked, I noticed the screen was not perfectly flush. The top right of the phone is a millimetre or so above the frame, while the other corners are a millimetre or so below the frame.

I gave the screen a slight push with my finger, and it moved, was slightly bouncy, there was some 'give', especially in the middle beneath the speaker. Still it was only slightly, and you wouldn't notice without looking closely.

While it doesn't cause any practical problems, although I've only had the phone for a few hours, I am concerned whether this is a sign of another problem, a faulty batch, or as I read on another thread, the screen 'will probably detach eventually'.

I could really use some advice as to whether to return the phone, or whether it's not actually a quality issue that I need to worry about...

Looking forward to replies... cheers
    01-28-16 11:47 AM
    I am starting to notice mine slightly raised on the right and gradually gets worse going to the left(not by much though).
    I read here that people taped the screen down or put a clip on it to hold it back in place. Not sure if that is a long term fix or not....

Posted via CB10
    01-28-16 03:17 PM
    common problem try using a cover
    01-28-16 06:48 PM
    common problem try using a cover
    Is there a cover that holds down the screen?

Posted via CB10
    01-29-16 08:31 AM
    I kind of have the same issue too, and it seems like a number of people here either do, or don't seem to notice, or don't seem to care (I wish I was this kind!).

Posted via CB10
    01-29-16 08:32 AM
    I kind of have the same issue too, and it seems like a number of people here either do, or don't seem to notice, or don't seem to care (I wish I was this kind!).

Posted via CB10
    I don't care myself. I am going to put a TG protector on it soon so I won't even notice the edge. If it gets worse then I may get it fixed.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-16 08:40 AM
    From what I have seen they used a two sided tape strip to hold the screen. I would try clamping it for a few days as much as possible. A case of some sorts or find a good phone shop that can reglue it. I think it's an easy fix?

Posted from a wireless charging Passport. Get one!
    01-29-16 08:48 AM
    Try contacting Blackberry. They are aware of the issue and seem pretty good about covering it under warranty. I believe the device has a 1 year warranty regardless, but I'm not 100% on that. I just sent mine back in to have them fix the screen again. Mine is an Original Passport bought at launch, and it started lifting about 5 months after I purchased it, 10 months later it started lifting again, 15 months since purchase, and they created and RMA for me and are fixing it under warranty again. Good luck.
    01-29-16 08:53 AM
    Try contacting Blackberry. They are aware of the issue and seem pretty good about covering it under warranty. I believe the device has a 1 year warranty regardless, but I'm not 100% on that. I just sent mine back in to have them fix the screen again. Mine is an Original Passport bought at launch, and it started lifting about 5 months after I purchased it, 10 months later it started lifting again, 15 months since purchase, and they created and RMA for me and are fixing it under warranty again. Good luck.
    So your phone was out of warranty and they still fixed it?

Posted via CB10
    01-30-16 12:13 AM
    Perhaps this is obvious, but the best ways to avoid this issue (assuming you didn't get a defective unit) will be avoiding phone drops and reinforcing the body. For the former, holster it. OEM holster if you prefer the bare device. If you don't like to holster use the OEM leather flip case or OEM kickstand case. Why? Both OEM cases snap in securely with rigid plastic tabs (as opposed to soft rubbery plastic or silicone) to reinforce the structure of the phone at the corners.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-16 10:34 AM
    It was less than a year since they had repaired it, but more than a year since I purchased it. I initially though they would not cover it, but they did. Can't hurt to ask. It does take about a week to 10 days to get your phone back though. If you are within 6 months of the original purchase date they will send you a new phone in exchange for yours. The caveat to that is they require a CC to hold the cost of the phone until they receive your phone.

So your phone was out of warranty and they still fixed it?

Posted via CB10
    02-01-16 01:46 PM
    I think BB will fix things if you just ask them.
    02-01-16 02:15 PM
    It was less than a year since they had repaired it, but more than a year since I purchased it. I initially though they would not cover it, but they did. Can't hurt to ask. It does take about a week to 10 days to get your phone back though. If you are within 6 months of the original purchase date they will send you a new phone in exchange for yours. The caveat to that is they require a CC to hold the cost of the phone until they receive your phone.
    If it's within 6 months you get a refurbished phone as an advanced replacement right?

Posted via CB10
    02-01-16 02:29 PM
    I'm not sure on that one. I opted to send mine in the first time simply to avoid the issues with giving them a credit card. The CC billing had to be the same as the shipping address. So since I was never home when they deliver, delivery requires signature, I tried to have it sent to work. Then I just said screw it. I never got to it if the replacement was a new phone or refurbished one or not.

If it's within 6 months you get a refurbished phone as an advanced replacement right?

Posted via CB10
    02-02-16 08:48 AM
    That's a poor excuse since you could have just picked up the package at the local terminal after hours. This is why they exist.

02-02-16 08:59 AM
    That's a good point. They, FEDEx does have local terminals close by, and yes it isn't too difficult to run by there and pick up a package. I have done that in the past, and others may elect that option too. For me though, at that particular time though I was working 12 hour days, 6 days a week, and didn't have the time to run by there, nor the desire to spend what time I did have available driving to FedEx. I was happy with the service blackberry Provided and they had no problem doing the exchange via my work address.

That's a poor excuse since you could have just picked up the package at the local terminal after hours. This is why they exist.

02-04-16 02:42 PM