Even though I just got a Passport, I am keeping my Z10 and still want to be able to use it as a secondary 'don't care what happens to it' phone (i.e. using the Z10 when going skiing/houseboating). To do this, these are the options I am considering and would like some advice:

- Swap sims between phones - I could get a nano to micro adapter since they are only $10 bucks (SAdapter Nano SIM Card to Micro SIM Card Adapter (SAdapter4FFTO3FFBLK) : Other Cellular Miscellaneous - Best Buy Canada). This is the easiest and cheapest option, but some people on Amazon complained about damage to the sim card or the phone's sim slot. Just wondering if anyone has done something similar and if they have any thoughts/feedback they can share.

- Or call Telus to reactivate the sim I need each time - This is more hassle than the option above, but I wouldn't be doing it that often and I don't risk potentially damaging the sim card or worse, my phone. However, a Telus rep I spoke to said they cannot reactivate a sim once it has been deactivated and I would need to buy a new sim each time. Is this true? If so, then I would need 2 new sims each time I want to switch phones which would add up quickly at $10 a pop.

Also, do texts/calls received on the active phone show up on the other phone when sims are switched or are they independent of the phone that received them?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    10-22-14 06:03 PM
    Swap the sim, if it gets damaged then get a new one...chances are it will be fine, and it's waaaay less hassle.
    ryeguyyyc likes this.
    10-22-14 06:12 PM
    Those sim adapters are not to be messed with, as I've damaged my Q10 and Z30 sim card readers while using those. Just be careful.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Passport
    ryeguyyyc likes this.
    10-22-14 08:18 PM
    don't bother.

when you use the passport for a week, go back and hold your Z10. Try hard not to laugh.
    ryeguyyyc likes this.
    10-22-14 08:23 PM
    don't bother.

when you use the passport for a week, go back and hold your Z10. Try hard not to laugh.
    Yeah, you will take your Passport to ski.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    ryeguyyyc likes this.
    10-22-14 09:19 PM
    don't bother.

lollll
    10-22-14 09:27 PM
    5 minutes ago I unboxed the passport. I can't even imagine how I can go back to the z10

Posted via CB10
    ryeguyyyc likes this.
    10-22-14 10:39 PM
    I used a Nano SIM in my Z10 coming from an iPhone 5s. Just make sure the chip and contacts line up correctly. I did this for almost a year. Switching to the Passport was a breeze for me

Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    ryeguyyyc likes this.
    10-22-14 11:43 PM
    I have the same situation except with TMobile USA. I will occasionally need to switch to my Z10 to make use of the WiFi calling that is not available on the Passport.

Getting an adapter for my Z10 is probably what I will do but can anyone recommend an adapter that is manufactured well and less likely to get jammed in the Z10?

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 07:08 PM
    Thanks for all the helpful advice and funny comments everybody. I ended getting the adapter from Bestbuy and it's worked out so far. Although I have to admit that going back to the Z10 from a Passport just feels weird. It's hard to believe that I used that device for almost two years.
    11-12-14 10:36 PM
    I have a nano sim in my Z10. No adapter.
    Just slide it in level with the bottom (as phone is standing on it's end (speakers).
    Push it in just to the edge.
    Works for me, no problems.
    Don't tell AT&T.

Thanks for all the helpful advice and funny comments everybody. I ended getting the adapter from Bestbuy and it's worked out so far. Although I have to admit that going back to the Z10 from a Passport just feels weird. It's hard to believe that I used that device for almost two years.
    11-13-14 01:45 PM