07-27-15 08:02 PM
29 12
tools
    hi elessar - software release is 10.3.2.556 with the os version being 10.3.2.858
    Isn't this the version with broken IR sensor? Causing your face to dial numbers while on a call.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-15 03:41 PM
    ***UPDATE***

i called blackberry tech support yesterday regarding this. i had to take a screen shot to indicate the "hold to stay awake" function is on and another screen shot showing that the device is not in battery saving mode. the tech guided my through the sending them my device log. the process was easy and quick. i was told the problem will be escalated to a higher trouble shooting team that will review the screen captures and logged activity report. they will determine if this is indeed a hardware or software issue.

the rep that was assigned to me told me it will take 12-24 hours for a response and he will contact me asap. this morning i got a call from the rep. the problem is indeed OS related and will be corrected in the next OS update (fingers crossed).

he hinted that if more people contact them regarding this the quicker the problem will get resolved. i suggest anyone who is having this problem contact blackberry tech to file a report. tech number is 877-552-5532.
    Thanks for this.

I called over yesterday regarding the same issue. The rep took me through the same steps that you mentioned. I really like the fact that BlackBerry assigns a tech directly to you. They follow up and is in charge of the case until it is resolved.

Today, I got a call from the rep. He indicated that it was indeed a software related issue. I asked if he knew when the OS update will take place but he didn't have an answer for that.

As mentioned, I do suggest anyone with this problem report it directly to BlackBerry via tech support.
    07-27-15 10:41 AM
    Isn't this the version with broken IR sensor? Causing your face to dial numbers while on a call.

Posted via CB10
    not sure, but i haven't had any problems with the sensors - fingers crossed...
    07-27-15 10:42 AM
    I had the same problem. Called tech support and she walked me through a hard reset (pressing the volume up and down buttons at the same time for about 10 seconds or until your phone shuts off); problem solved. I've tested it out a few times since hanging up and still no issues. Good luck gang!

Posted via CB10
    anon(4067838) likes this.
    07-27-15 08:02 PM
29 12