So I've been using Browsie for the longest time. If you start typing something in BlackBerry Assistant, and it shows the query under "Search the internet," you can hold on the entry, choose Open In, check set default, and select Browsie or another third party browser.

It will open successfully the first time, but after that, it goes right back to opening with the stock browser. It's pretty irritating, but I never made a thread about it.

Am I missing something, or is this just a unfixed bug?

Posted via CB10 // Passport Red SQW100-1 // 10.3.2.2474 // Cricket Wireless
    11-11-15 10:15 PM
    How is the performance of Browsie compare with native BB10 browser?

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 10:25 PM
    Been using Browsie full-time since April. In my opinion, it puts stock Browser to shame in more ways than one.

Many more useful keyboard shortcuts and adblock. I have no idea how anyone puts up with the stock browser and all the ads. Something really needs to be done regarding online advertising, they're way too intrusive nowadays.

It might be a tad slower, but honestly it's fine and I don't notice it. It used to perform worse but it has become quite a bit better of the course of 8 months.

Vistaus likes this.
    11-11-15 10:30 PM
    Anyone? Please.

11-12-15 02:17 PM
    Anyone? Please.

It's the ghost in your phone.

Easy fix......OS reload

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 06:19 PM
    It's the ghost in your phone.

Easy fix......OS reload

Posted via CB10
    Of course, did no research himself. I have 2 Passports, does the same thing on either.

Any other brilliant ideas? Must be a backdoor.
    11-12-15 06:24 PM
    Of course, did no research himself. I have 2 Passports, does the same thing on either.

Any other brilliant ideas? Must be a backdoor.
    And what you explain works perfectly on my passport.
    Love having the back door issue, fixes all the unfixed bugs everyone else is experiencing.

By the way, call up BlackBerry, they'll just tell you to do the same thing, just like everyone else that reads the OP.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 06:33 PM
    And what you explain works perfectly on my passport.
    Love having the back door issue, fixes all the unfixed bugs everyone else is experiencing.

By the way, call up BlackBerry, they'll just tell you to do the same thing, just like everyone else that reads the OP.

Posted via CB10
    Just for the hell of it, I tried this on a Z30 I have right now. Does the same thing, opens in Browsie the first time and then goes right back to stock browser.

So no, I call bull****. I don't believe you that it works, unless I magically have this bug on 100% of my devices. You won't prove it through a video.
    11-12-15 06:38 PM
    Just for the hell of it, I tried this on a Z30 I have right now. Does the same thing, opens in Browsie the first time and then goes right back to stock browser.

So no, I call bull****. I don't believe you that it works, unless I magically have this bug on 100% of my devices. You won't prove it through a video.
    You might want to try removing the bug you have.
    Probably the same app across all of your devices, causing the un fixed bug.

But of course, believe what you will.
    Don't do a reload.
    And live with the problem.
    I've ran across this issue before with a person posting a thread on here. Refused to even try settings in order to get there email to work a certain way. When those exact settings worked for me as how they wanted their email to work.
    Don't know what to tell you if you don't want try suggestions.

Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 06:47 PM
    You might want to try removing the bug you have.
    Probably the same app across all of your devices, causing the un fixed bug.

But of course, believe what you will.
    Don't do a reload.
    And live with the problem.
    I've ran across this issue before with a person posting a thread on here. Refused to even try settings in order to get there email to work a certain way. When those exact settings worked for me as how they wanted their email to work.
    Don't know what to tell you if you don't want try suggestions.

Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    Already set up brand new devices after security wipe. If you're bringing up our past conversation about IMAP email, let me say once again, how the hell does changing POP3 settings affect that at all? It's like telling someone to turn the knob on the dishwasher to fix the heating issue with their dryer.

To get you of my *** I went ahead and changed your magical settings, and of course, they did absolutely nothing. Yup, that's because they had nothing to do with eachother.

Two Passports and Z3 all have this bug, regardless of fresh reload of OS or not. That part of BB10 doesn't work, and you're full of **** saying it does.

11-12-15 09:47 PM
    Already set up brand new devices after security wipe. If you're bringing up our past conversation about IMAP email, let me say once again, how the hell does changing POP3 settings affect that at all? It's like telling someone to turn the knob on the dishwasher to fix the heating issue with their dryer.

To get you of my *** I went ahead and changed your magical settings, and of course, they did absolutely nothing. Yup, that's because they had nothing to do with eachother.

Two Passports and Z3 all have this bug, regardless of fresh reload of OS or not. That part of BB10 doesn't work, and you're full of **** saying it does.

Once you read up on what the difference is between security wipe and OS reload is, and you do a proper OS reload, than get back to us and let use know once it's fixed.

Best of luck

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 10:01 PM
    Once you read up on what the difference is between security wipe and OS reload is, and you do a proper OS reload, than get back to us and let use know once it's fixed.

Best of luck

Posted via CB10
    You missed the point that it was a brand new device. Blocking you, you're a fool and really cannot stand you.

Best of luck.
    11-12-15 10:07 PM
    Already set up brand new devices after security wipe.

If they were new, no need for security wipes.
    Anyhow, why not just say they were new.

No issue here, mines working fine like I said. Sorry for your issues, no need to get upset that you have buggy phones. And still recommend a proper OS reload instead of factory resetting or just saying you did that but didn't. And BTW you shouldn't try reloading any backups until you check and see if it works properly after the OS reload.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 10:23 PM