I've noticed that some programs especially games are not available on Passport because of the different aspect ratio and resolution. It is safe to say that many developers will never adapt their programs for the Passport screen and therefore both Blackberry and the developer will miss out on sales. Since the Blackberry Passport has a high resolution screen it would be possible to letterbox the app and let the app think it runs on Z10 or Z30 screen. Letterboxing programs isn't optimal when it comes to user experience but it is better not having the program available at all. This can also motivate developers to adapt their programs because if they can see statistics (please correct me if this statistics isn't available) which devices are using their program and if many buyers are using the 1:1 screen then they might adapt it.
    02-28-15 09:21 AM
    Well they shouldn't even be available if they don't fit properly, BlackBerry should be be noticing these things when the Revision is in QA.

Or are you talking about Android Games? (there's a resize option in 10.3.1 I think)
    02-28-15 09:27 AM
    Isn't this what Apple did when the 5 came out? Sounds like a good idea if you ask me.

Only one issue though: Having a BBWorld Vendor ID, I know we can just go ahead and say "no app for X device". This solution would not solve the issue if a dev has market his app ad not available for the Passport.
    02-28-15 09:29 AM
    Take a look at a running android app. Pull down from the top and you can get 3 different screen resolutions. One android app I use will only run in the rectangle mode. They should be able to do this with BlackBerry apps too. You then could run a Z10 or Z30 app on the passport using the rectangle mode.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 11:13 AM