Has anyone been able to find out what the actual sales figure for the Passport since it's release on 9/24? All I see from online news outlets are 200,000 sold and it's on back order. I'd like to know if that 200,000 units sold include units reserved for various countries or carriers. Or are these 200,000 sold through shopblackberry.com or amazon.

Thanks,
    J
    10-02-14 05:52 PM
    The only number we've gotten is the one that John Chen himself cited in the quarterly conference call on September 28th.

As CEO, though, he has to stand as a credible source on claims like that.
    10-02-14 05:57 PM
    I believe the 200,000 figure just included amazon and shop BlackBerry sales.
    10-02-14 06:08 PM
    Its probably still at 200,000 since its not available anywhere lol.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-02-14 06:11 PM
    We won't know any "exact" numbers. The best we can do is extrapolate from the numbers in the next ER.
    10-02-14 06:13 PM

It sold in a few countries in asia and europe since the 200k report. the 200k were for US; Canada, UK, France and Germany. We can be at twice that number at this moment
    10-02-14 06:38 PM
    I believe the 200,000 figure just included amazon and shop BlackBerry sales.
    I wish I could find the exact quote (I've been looking for it). Some have interpreted it as being strictly ShopBlackBerry.com in the US and Amazon, so there'd be no Canadian or UK sales at all. Nor would it count carrier sales, though I'm not clear on just how many carriers were selling on day one.
    10-02-14 06:45 PM
  8. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    The BlackBerry ceo commented that within hours of launch on the online sites Shop BlackBerry and Amazon they sold 200,000 and had also a back order of another 200,000., before they stopped taking orders....

Since that time I would not be surprised if the backlog is now at 500,000 Passports.... imo

From my awesome Passport

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 07:03 PM
    The BlackBerry ceo commented that within hours of launch on the online sites Shop BlackBerry and Amazon they sold 200,000 and had also a back order of another 200,000., before they stopped taking orders....

Since that time I would not be surprised if the backlog is now at 500,000 Passports.... imo

From my awesome Passport

Posted via CB10
    If these sales, backlog, pending sales, etc. numbers are even remotely close, this bodes well for Blackberry.
    10-02-14 07:08 PM
    If these sales, backlog, pending sales, etc. numbers are even remotely close, this bodes well for Blackberry.
    I've read some credible analysis that suggested that BlackBerry would post a profit for the quarter overall if they sold half a million Passports.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 03:33 AM
    I've read some credible analysis that suggested that BlackBerry would post a profit for the quarter overall if they sold half a million Passports.

Posted via CB10
    Sounds feasible, especially since many of the initial sales were outright purchases.

Posted via BBCBZ10
    10-03-14 05:11 AM
    The Passport shows up as #1 sales rank in unlocked phones on Amazon today. It's outselling the Galaxy S5. It's #135 in cell phones and accessories -- I looked through the top 100 of that category and there aren't many phones in there, mostly cases and memory cards.

We didn't see the #1 sales rank banner for the Passport since last week, but I think that was because Amazon kept making it available for a short time and then taking it away after the allotment of pre-orders were filled (I guess). Now it has been available at the $599 price again for almost a full day and we see the #1 sales rank banner again. I have no way to calculate this but if Amazon sold out the first day, has been offering smaller allotments for pre-order from time-to-time that sell out within a few hours and then reaches #1 sales rank a week later when a larger amount is offered, I think we are talking serious numbers. I posted a few days ago about the sales rank I saw on the Amazon India website being #14, and based on other news on sales I have been reading I just can't help but wonder if we are talking about numbers over a million here...pre-orders, that is. I don't think they have delivered all those yet, of course.
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    10-03-14 11:09 AM
    I would like Belfastdispatcher respond to the Passport sales to claim that BB should have left HW biz years ago
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    10-07-14 01:09 PM

Well, it starts to release in my country tomorrow and I was checking the site on a regular basis, they were all out of pre-orders a few times. Finally I got a message that I have my PP probably in less then 24 hours. If I check the site again, at this moment they're all out... again so think it is a good sign. The sale representative asked if it bothered me that it has a qwerty kb cause no azerty yet (they mostly use azerty around here), I replied that it is fine as I use a qwerty on my Q10 as well. Think Passport might hit big time and hope it does.
    10-07-14 03:01 PM
    What about me?
    I want one too!
    WTF Chen?
    10-10-14 10:55 PM