Anyone know why I cannot open any contact vcards sent to me from iPhone users? Can't figure this out... get a message that says 'unsupported format' when I try to open. Sent as text message to my AT&T Passport. Problem is same from any iPhone that sends to me.
    Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 07:50 PM
    Likely because of how the name is formatted. BB10's naming convention is different and uses .vcf at the end of the file name where iPhone says vcard. It's not reading the format correctly because the .vcf extension isn't showing. Seems rather a silly error but I can't think of any other reason. See if you can just save the file and rename it with the .vcf extension showing.
    brookie229 likes this.
    09-03-15 07:55 PM
    Yup. Blaize is right as usual.

In case you need it, here's a step-by-step explanation.

First, I did a long-press on the x-vcard file in the text message and selected "save" from the pop up menu. This step simply saves the file as is onto my memory card, but it doesn't make the info available to the Contacts app.

Next, I opened File Manager, found the file, did another long-press and selected "properties". In the Properties box, I tapped on "Rename" at the bottom. Then I used the backspace key to erase the file extension ".x-vcard" and simply replaced it by typing ".vcf", and ignored the warning by tapping "yes" to the "do you want to continue?" prompt.

Now, still in the File Manager, I did another long-press, and selected "Open in Contacts", then "Save".

Done.
    brookie229 likes this.
    02-07-16 11:38 AM
    Good info to know--thanks everyone!

What we got here is failure to communicate....
    02-08-16 10:06 PM
    So here's an update: long press the blue 'photo' area of the vcard, and you can choose to 'save' or 'open in contacts'. Once open in contacts, you should see the 'save' option at the bottom of the screen. It did save to contacts. Running 10.3.2.2836 on Classic SQC 100-4.

What a CLASSIC!
    04-06-17 08:03 PM
    IsLwLL
    04-07-17 09:38 AM
    IsLwLL
    Daughter had my phone on that post lol, please delete?
    04-07-17 09:41 AM