Go here to view how those of us with special needs are treated by BlackBerry... beyond belief !!

passport keyboard backlight - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 11:25 PM
    I'm sorry you felt unfairly treated... I read over everyone's posts and I couldn't pinpoint what you were referring to. Perhaps they removed the specific post in question? There is a comment from one of the moderators at the end but I don't see what they were talking about. What exactly was said that offended you?
    People can tend to be more rude on the internet because they don't have to face the other person. You should try not to take it personally.
    With regard to the keyboard lighting issue, it does dim when it is exposed to low light conditions and there isn't anywhere that this can be adjusted that I've found. It probably wouldn't be too difficult to bypass if a developer could make an app for it, or perhaps it will be an additional feature in future updates. I think the touchscreen phones are getting the choice between light and dark keyboards so it would be fair for us physical keyboard users to get some customization options. Some people might want the keyboard light switched off completely to save battery life. As it is though, hang in there... once you get used to the Passport you will barely need to look at the keyboard when your muscle memory starts to take over.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    01-06-15 01:19 AM
    Well I kind of see the point there. Personally I find the backlit keyboard to light up much more often than it did on my Q10 or my Bold 9900. Right now I am sitting in a not too dim room and the keyboard lights up. So there either is a fault with my Passport, where the backlight is active rather often or there is something wrong with the Passport in question, which obviously only lights up in completely dark rooms.

Figuring that out, maybe there is a hardware fault, like the brightness sensor malfunctioning, should have been the key on the linked topic. Not references to the Z30 or saying how large the Passport's screen is.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 01:34 AM
    Yep, it's unbelievable. The person who made the complaint got a replacement and the new phone works beautifully.
    Er... what are you complaining about?

Posted from my Passport
    chflower likes this.
    01-06-15 03:54 AM
    They scrubbed that thread. The remaining issue is whether BlackBerry would attend to this matter with low vision accommodations for keyboard lighting, icon size, font increase for homescreen, etc. Such persons should not need to pay for an app d'or this, but should be able to reasonably use the device as do those with full vision. They should be treated politely when addressed.

Here they tell a low vision person to get glasses... sheesh!
    http://forums.crackberry.com/ask-que...-icons-972048/
    Last edited by patapoof; 01-06-15 at 05:32 AM.
    01-06-15 05:21 AM
    Go here to view how those of us with special needs are treated by BlackBerry... beyond belief !!

passport keyboard backlight - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Posted via CB10
    Treated by the community you mean?

Posted from my Canadian PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1151
    01-06-15 07:49 AM
    Here they tell a low vision person to get glasses... sheesh!
    http://forums.crackberry.com/ask-que...-icons-972048/
    That's a member comment here, trying to be helpful. My girlfriend uses readers with her BlackBerry. It's not an unreasonable suggestion. I can empathize with disability, but you might be a bit overly sensitive.
    donmateo likes this.
    01-06-15 08:49 AM
    This is not my personal sensitivity the issue; I am defending those to whom the comments were directed. People do not come on the Blackberry official forum for medical advice regarding their eyeware. They look for advice as regards the passport or other BB device. On all other phones I've had, it was possible to adjust the brightness of the screen & the keypad (in the case of the HP Pre 3 for example) to needs. I think BB should take a look at this & see if that person could be accomodated by a simple patch to make that work for all of us. It is, at least in the USA, the responsibility of BB to be sure reasonable and forthright effort is made to make the device accessible. Thank you all for your comments.
    01-06-15 03:13 PM
    This is not my personal sensitivity the issue; I am defending those to whom the comments were directed. People do not come on the Blackberry official forum for medical advice regarding their eyeware. They look for advice as regards the passport or other BB device. On all other phones I've had, it was possible to adjust the brightness of the screen & the keypad (in the case of the HP Pre 3 for example) to needs. I think BB should take a look at this & see if that person could be accomodated by a simple patch to make that work for all of us. It is, at least in the USA, the responsibility of BB to be sure reasonable and forthright effort is made to make the device accessible. Thank you all for your comments.
    First off, complaining about another forum here is tacky at best. The OP there had no problem with the contributions, all but 2 of which were not made by BlackBerry employees, and the issue they had was resolved by BlackBerry.

As for the member here suggesting glasses. I'm not going to repeat myself, but you need to get over comments you find in poor taste, when reading our forum. If you think someone says something wrong, report it. You are bordering on a personal attack, and that isn't welcome at all.

Someone with a disability should have the due diligence to research the product before purchase, and determine whether it's right for them. That's their responsibility as a consumer, just as it is for those who have no disabilities.
    chflower likes this.
    01-06-15 04:46 PM