Just stumbled across this functionality while playing with my device and thought someone here might find use for it. There are a few prerequisites but with them in place, it works quite well.

You must have Blend/Link with a connection between your Passport and PC. With Google Drive desktop client installed on your PC, you can add a shortcut to Drive anywhere you want. That shortcut shows as a file folder on your PC and will reflect in your file manager on your Passport. I leave my PC on 24/7, so this works for me.

It's a little hacky but functions well.
    04-04-15 05:20 PM
    There is also an app in blackberry world called Playcloud that will access google drive and a host of other cloud storage. It's a great app. Check it out.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport
    04-04-15 05:32 PM
    Lol, thank you. I really need to check out BBW more often, that app is of course better in every way then my method.
    04-04-15 05:45 PM
    Just stumbled across this functionality while playing with my device and thought someone here might find use for it. There are a few prerequisites but with them in place, it works quite well.

You must have Blend/Link with a connection between your Passport and PC. With Google Drive desktop client installed on your PC, you can add a shortcut to Drive anywhere you want. That shortcut shows as a file folder on your PC and will reflect in your file manager on your Passport. I leave my PC on 24/7, so this works for me.

It's a little hacky but functions well.
    I've been using this method for well over a year -- it still works great via RFA.
    04-04-15 08:14 PM
    Also can access it through the browser. Although I don't know how effective this method is as I rarely use google drive any more.

04-04-15 10:26 PM
    There is also an app in blackberry world called Playcloud that will access google drive and a host of other cloud storage. It's a great app. Check it out.

Just yesterday I installed Playcloud, as default file manager wasn't able to proceed couple of tousand of files and pictures on my dropbox and Onedrive.
    Playcloud is also slow reading cloud files, but what bothers me most is app permissions. Playcloud wants access to BBM, my location and full access to contacts.
    So I sideloaded android apk of dropbox and onedrive and disabled "run when minimised", as I will use apps only as file viewers. I didn't try gdrive, as I'm sure trying to leave Google on general.
    As we are speaking, it is shame that file manager on business oriented device is too slow for serious usage.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 01:47 AM
    Also can access it through the browser. Although I don't know how effective this method is as I rarely use google drive any more.

Yes, I know.

Just yesterday I installed Playcloud, as default file manager wasn't able to proceed couple of tousand of files and pictures on my dropbox and Onedrive.
    Playcloud is also slow reading cloud files, but what bothers me most is app permissions. Playcloud wants access to BBM, my location and full access to contacts.
    So I sideloaded android apk of dropbox and onedrive and disabled "run when minimised", as I will use apps only as file viewers. I didn't try gdrive, as I'm sure trying to leave Google on general.
    As we are speaking, it is shame that file manager on business oriented device is too slow for serious usage.

Posted via CB10
    Google Drive downloaded directly from Google Play Store does work fine on my Passport, so give that a try if you have it. It'll crash on first open but should work fine after that. I definitely like the native file manager the best. I have 50GB for life on Box.net which syncs rather nicely with native File Manager, so I may move to that, but I just don't want to spend the time right now resyncing everything from Drive to Box.

Oh the woes of switching ecosystems. Poor me.
    04-05-15 02:12 AM
    Yes, I know.

Google Drive downloaded directly from Google Play Store does work fine on my Passport, so give that a try if you have it. It'll crash on first open but should work fine after that. I definitely like the native file manager the best. I have 50GB for life on Box.net which syncs rather nicely with native File Manager, so I may move to that, but I just don't want to spend the time right now resyncing everything from Drive to Box.

Oh the woes of switching ecosystems. Poor me.
    I feel like Box is rather slow with a large folder. I moved my images to the cloud to have them available on multiple BlackBerry devices, and native file manager is extremely slow to read 300-500 file directories.

I haven't tested dropbox.
    04-05-15 02:28 AM
    I feel like Box is rather slow with a large folder. I moved my images to the cloud to have them available on multiple BlackBerry devices, and native file manager is extremely slow to read 300-500 file directories.

I haven't tested dropbox.
    Native file manager is generally slow with all cloud services, not just Box.

Posted via CB10
    anon9133023 likes this.
    04-05-15 02:44 AM
    Ya, it seems like the "sync" is more of a basic snapshot, because it still has to load images or what not.

Doesn't seem nearly as sync-like as the Google Drive desktop client I have. Once files are synced it's nearly instantaneous to open the file on my computer just like a locally stored copy.
    anon9133023 likes this.
    04-05-15 03:35 AM
    Hi,

About PlayCloud permissions, none is mandatory except access to shared files of course.

- location : permit to load or not thumbnails if you are in roaming or not
    - contacts : to be able to share documents with contact
    - BBM : to link PlayCloud to BBM (can be enabled / disabled in the PlayCloud settings)
    - run in background : to continue transfert in thumbnails mode. If you don't enable it, connection may to be lost.

Nicolas

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 01:20 PM
    I use onedrive myself and find the native file manager very slow as well. I am currently using the android onedrive app from google store and it works great. I don't have it auto syncing photos but do use it to upload photo to certain folders when needed.

04-11-15 02:31 PM
    Still missing a native app Gdrive for OS 10.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-15 10:20 AM
    Still missing a native app Gdrive for OS 10.

Posted via CB10
    PlayCloud is native in C/C++ using Cascades framework

Posted via CB10
    Trauma Surgeon likes this.
    07-13-15 01:04 AM
    Remember?
    Auto folder sync is planned

Nicolas

Posted via CB10
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rvices-962889/
    Thanks!
    07-13-15 02:34 AM
    The native file manager works great for me. My laptop (through Link) opens up in about 3 seconds and Google Drive opens in 2 seconds. Link has been an awesome function for me and I use it often to access laptop files especially when out of town (laptop stays at work). My only issue with Drive in the File Manager is that it doesn't show my shared files. For that I use the android Drive App and it works really well.

BlackBerryaholic by choice.
    07-13-15 05:28 AM