Hes using the "Google"
    03-10-16 03:27 PM
    I wish BB had some grand plan, but at this point I think they are just in a fight for survival and relevance, and likely not taking that much of a long term view.

As for your other point, I feel like BB had an opportunity to sell the privacy angle in the Snowden hayday, and maybe they still can, but I'm not convinced most people even care that much about privacy. Seems like most will insist the government shouldn't be "spying" on them, while they happily post what they had for breakfast on Facebook.

Posted via CB10
    Dude, you're kidding right?? Have you even read any of the FBI DOJ vs Apple??? The security and privacy issues (or whatever you wanna call it) couldn't be at a higher peak than what it's at right now

 PASSPORT 
    03-10-16 03:31 PM
    Dude, you're kidding right?? Have you even read any of the FBI DOJ vs Apple??? The security and privacy issues (or whatever you wanna call it) couldn't be at a higher peak than what it's at right now

 PASSPORT 
    I'm not sure whether that's apple themselves making a point rather than apple users. Maybe with BlackBerry decision that they may build in a back door apple are capitalising on that.

BlackBerry are stuck between a rock and a hard place. Some of their contracts are with the very people who are asking for the back door so some negotiation will need to be done to keep all parties happy.

Me, like the UK leaving Europe situation don't feel informed enough either way. I don't want people who benefit from us not knowing what they're up to telling us were not allowed the same luxury but on the other hand if there was a terrorist plot in the offing I'd prefer it if the relevant authorities could possibly thwart it by accessing their phones.

Tricky one.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-16 04:12 PM
    I don't think iphone users care either way unless you are up to no good then right now it would be a good choice of device to go with.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-16 04:14 PM
    I'm not sure whether that's apple themselves making a point rather than apple users.

... but on the other hand if there was a terrorist plot in the offing I'd prefer it if the relevant authorities could possibly thwart it by accessing their phones.

Tricky one.

Posted via CB10
    I agree with your first point.

The second (shown here) is clear. IF there is a terrorist plot in the offing, do you consent to the authorities - they'll decide whether they're relevant, you don't have a say - to reveal all of the data on your phone? We're talking all images, all contacts, all history?

Otherwise, how could they possibly conclude that you are NOT a terrorist?

You see the default position is that you may be guilty. What do you have to hide?

And, yes, if any contact on your list seems "interesting" they'd be next in line for investigation.
    03-10-16 04:35 PM
    Whatsapp isn't ending support until the end of the year as far as I know which is quite a way off. It might even still work just not supported for a fair bit after that. By then it will have even less relevance. I've no doubt the android version will still work. In the case of the PlayBook the android version albeit an older version worked for a couple more years.

On another note regarding Blend. Not sure if this is any use but with firefox browser there's an addon for whatsapp you can use and a desktop app. You just link your phone to it by scanning in the qr code and you can send and reply to messages straight from your desktop.

Posted via CB10
    Good tip! Didn't know about that addon. Thanks for that.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-16 06:32 PM
    Just don't stop BB10 updates and support...!
    03-10-16 08:02 PM
    Suffering with OS10.2142 with no T-Mobile upgrade. I guess they have to do the support upgrade and with the 2 years of hate on with BlackBerry then customers suffer.

DHS
    03-10-16 08:09 PM
    Suffering with OS10.2142 with no T-Mobile upgrade. I guess they have to do the support upgrade and with the 2 years of hate on with BlackBerry then customers suffer.

DHS
    What do you mean with no tmobile upgrade?
    03-10-16 08:12 PM
    I'm going to be the Priv. BUT I'm keeping my Z10 as the "home" phone. I'll come back to bb10 if of when the have a new device. I have told many Droid apps and some are starting to not work with the runtime, bank apps that required an update. Plus I really want to put movies on my phone and I keep running out of storage on the device, I want to use the media card again. Plus I'm presbiopic and require a bigger display than the z10

Posted via CB10
    03-10-16 09:10 PM
    This thread is miscat.

Posted via CB10
    filanto likes this.
    03-10-16 09:10 PM

DHS
    Blitz the phone

Posted via CB10
    03-10-16 09:11 PM
    Are you joking about the passport outselling the Priv. The priv outsold all versions of passport, up to now , in the first three weeks it was introduced. By now Priv has sold twice as many Passports maybe more. The Passport technically was a flop, it only sold 100,000 Units at launch, where Priv sold 200,000 at launch.
    03-15-16 07:25 PM
    Are you joking about the passport outselling the Priv. The priv outsold all versions of passport, up to now , in the first three weeks it was introduced. By now Priv has sold twice as many Passports maybe more. The Passport technically was a flop, it only sold 100,000 Units at launch, where Priv sold 200,000 at launch.
    Source?

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 12:22 AM
    Absolutely unfounded. Passport sold 200000 within the first six hours. No one knows how many privs were sold. Not even you.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 03:14 AM
    Source?

Posted via CB10
    No source = swamp gas.
    03-16-16 08:28 AM
    I believe blackberry would be emulating some grand plans for the future, I'm not yet ready to believe rumors about uncertainty of the Best OS in the world. BlackBerry had annihilated competition, in the past and will be successful in crushing all the chocolate flavors and that idiotic i's.

Further to this , believers are a strong community and growing continuously, people will realize that freedom in apps comes with a cost. That will be turning point for blackberry, it takes time and I believe history will repeat itself, and when it does haters will have no place to hide chocolate covered faces.....

A die hard blackberry user....

Thanks for reading.

Posted via CB10
    Chen won't come out from his shell and admit it in public about the bb10 dead so his cowardly plan is to remove one by one useful native apps from bb10, without native apps it's as good as dead. Hence his plan to go full android is ON which will also fail. Open your eyes bb10 is Dead. Or wait for a month April will bring more unexpected surprises in form of removal of Blend, twitter, LinkedIn n so on

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 01:07 PM
    You are wrong. Simple as that.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 01:22 PM
    This from December if that gives any starting point guide.
    http://www.androidauthority.com/data...-units-663987/

Not that I'm too fussed, if BlackBerry succeeds in the android fair play to them.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 03:06 PM
    You are wrong. Simple as that.

Posted via CB10
    Your both wrong.............there both flops.......................................LOL
    05-08-16 03:42 PM
    I just bought a priv and the first thing I noticed was a typical lousy android battery experience. There are so many bizarre things that happen in a manipulated free market. Bb10 is really incredible. A few issues but everything important has been stable on my Z30. Reviews over the last few years have been largely unfair. Maybe priv can generate some interest and revenue, which may lead to more favorable reviews because any phone that can go two days is doing something right. I think I'm going to sell my z30, and hope that BlackBerry can fine tune the Priv OS or Google themselves or whoever... I may pickup a passport if not. Nice price now for what it is. Just mentioning, I bought the Z30 after it had been out a year and it performed much better than the current iPhone whatever it was. People want big screens but battery. Tech isn't there. Apparently no one cares? If or is the market force fed what the big players decide? The apps issue is silly to me as a productivity oriented user. There's only a few apps I need, and could use most android apps if needed. No problem. I don't follow the business needs closely but these are my impressions as an end user. Long live Blackberry.
    05-08-16 05:20 PM
    I just bought a priv and the first thing I noticed was a typical lousy android battery experience. There are so many bizarre things that happen in a manipulated free market. Bb10 is really incredible. A few issues but everything important has been stable on my Z30. Reviews over the last few years have been largely unfair. Maybe priv can generate some interest and revenue, which may lead to more favorable reviews because any phone that can go two days is doing something right. I think I'm going to sell my z30, and hope that BlackBerry can fine tune the Priv OS or Google themselves or whoever... I may pickup a passport if not. Nice price now for what it is. Just mentioning, I bought the Z30 after it had been out a year and it performed much better than the current iPhone whatever it was. People want big screens but battery. Tech isn't there. Apparently no one cares? If or is the market force fed what the big players decide? The apps issue is silly to me as a productivity oriented user. There's only a few apps I need, and could use most android apps if needed. No problem. I don't follow the business needs closely but these are my impressions as an end user. Long live Blackberry.
    Dont miss the Passport. Just pick one up used or something and give it a try. An updated one like att or SE would be best. Just try it, you will love it. It has a battery from the old Gods and the New.
    florenceit likes this.
    05-08-16 06:02 PM
    Is the Passport SE significantly better than the original Passport? I'm considering picking up a used Passport SE in the near future. I'm currently on my first Android device, the LG V10. Was using the old Q10 for ages before that gave up the ghost and I moved to Android. Like many of you, I find Android to be baseline acceptable, at best. I still miss the productivity that I gained by using BB10, even though I know it has about 2 years left, in terms of support.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-08-16 06:58 PM
123 ... 345