Its just sad that so many people get it wrong! Not like its that hard.
    I hope that was being sarcastic. Mods - can you please correct the title of this thread?
    Poi25, jas1978 and zombiecupcake like this.
    03-02-16 04:34 PM
    BlackBerry has been busy discussing self-driving cars, global carrier support for PRIV and consumer healthcare apps. But as we shift our energies toward all these exciting opportunities, does that mean the BlackBerry 10 operating system is dead? Far from it.

We know how many discriminating customers still demand the gold standard security and productivity benefits of BlackBerry 10, which shares the same rock-solid code as our market-leading QNX auto platform. Take this recent account by a medical doctor who credited the secure, reliable communications capabilities of his BlackBerry 10-powered Passport device with helping him save a patient�s life.

Consumer and enterprise fans of our workhorse BlackBerry 10 smartphones such as Passport, Classic and others can look forward to many security and privacy enhancements in 2016. The coming version 10.3.3 will be certified for NIAP compliance, meaning it will have passed the strictest government-grade security tests, enabling us to further support our government and regulated customers who use BlackBerry 10 devices and demand the highest levels of security. We are also planning a version 10.3.4 for later this year with even more security improvements.

While we continue to invest in BlackBerry 10 in 2016, we will also develop another Android-based phone. We�ll share more details about our roadmap when we�re ready.

It�s been an exciting CES for BlackBerry. We�re innovating deeply in many new areas, as our many announcements show. Even still, we�re not abandoning the loyal customers who have contributed to our success.
    That's fair enough, but if you're from BlackBerry then you've got to give some momentum to the platform. Tell everybody that things are going on, develop the APIS, give news. Because it's one thing to say that bb10 has future, but once there's no Whatsapp left, it's going to take a hell of a lot to get people to buy it.

Posted via CB10
    Killjoyhere likes this.
    03-02-16 04:36 PM
    The returns of purchased BB10 handsets will be brutal for retailers - buyers install the most popular messaging app on their Passport, Classic, or Leap and find that it will lose support this year. Back it goes. The salespeople will be steaming about their commissions and will definitely disclose this to future buyers.
    03-02-16 07:30 PM
    Future is a nice brick wall

Posted via CB10
    The good thing about the future is that it happens one day at a time.
    03-02-16 08:31 PM
    Bb10 is dead. Buy another make and model phone. I'm going to.

Posted via my mobile
    Not dead at all! In fact, my Passport and Z10 are running just fine.

Why is it, no one complains about updates and leaks and upgrades and downloads with their Computers OS but something must be wrong if you're not getting any on your mobile device?
    BB10 may have reached it's peak. But that doesn't mean we won't see updates and maintenance fixes to Keep it running at it's peak.

Enjoy what you have or by all means buy something that WILL make you happy.

Life's too short to complain about your cell phones. It's wasted negative energy and accomplishes nothing. Take that wasted negativity and turn it into something positive.
    You'll be much happier if you just enjoy the ride!
    03-02-16 08:46 PM
    Do you work for BlackBerry?
    The "We" implies that.
    No, copied and pasted from BlackBerry from their CES blog.

Showing Our Commitment to BlackBerry 10 at CES 2016 | Inside BlackBerry

Source link added to OP's post.
    FF22, Superfly_FR and zephyr613 like this.
    03-02-16 09:09 PM
    Not dead at all! In fact, my Passport and Z10 are running just fine.

Why is it, no one complains about updates and leaks and upgrades and downloads with their Computers OS but something must be wrong if you're not getting any on your mobile device?

Enjoy what you have or by all means buy something that WILL make you happy.

Life's too short to complain about your cell phones. It's wasted negative energy and accomplishes nothing. Take that wasted negativity and turn it into something positive.
    You'll be much happier if you just enjoy the ride!
    So true. I'm enjoying my Q10 .. not anywhere dead yet here.
    I do wish BlackBerry was innovating in a different direction but i'm not going to die if they don't .
    I'll probably just keep my Q10 forever.. or until I get bored of it.. or until I can't find replacement batteries, whichever happens first .
    03-03-16 02:52 AM
    History proves BB10 is a niche market OS.
    They may decide to make it even more niche-ed for their very special needs - to summarize I'd say Automotive/IoT/Security related - until something reaching the same level of security/reliability appears.
    That's what I read here.
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    03-03-16 04:29 AM
    I'll probably just keep my Q10 forever.. or until I get bored of it.. or until I can't find replacement batteries, whichever happens first .
    Go get yourself a Passport SE if you can afford it. That's what I've done - moved from a Q10 to a Passport SE - simply awesome, it's like a Q10 on steroids :-)

Posted via CB10
    03-03-16 04:33 AM
    Do you work for BlackBerry?
    The "We" implies that.
    That "we" means he used the original statement by BlackBerry. And that person works for BlackBerry. That person saying that was Chen.....

Posted via CB10
    03-03-16 05:28 AM
    That "we" means he used the original statement by BlackBerry. And that person works for BlackBerry. That person saying that was Chen.....

Posted via CB10
    Bla1ze has already addressed this. The OP should have encapsulated the whole text in quotes and given attribution. But thanks.
    03-03-16 06:26 AM
    At this point who are they trying to convince? Us or themselves?

Posted via CB10
    03-03-16 07:09 AM
    OMG, everybody, Windows 10 LTSB is dead too!
    Microsoft killed it already on launch!

"The LTSB is an option available only to Windows 10 Enterprise customers. Machines on the LTSB will receive only security and hot fixes, and no new features, for ten years."

Finally, it's written on the wall.
    Apperently, Satya Nadella has a nefarious plan to discontinue desktop OS development for enterprise over the next ten years.
    The future is Linux and MAC OS which will constantly deliver new features that enterprise wants to send e-mails, print contracts or create calendar entries.

Edit: Here is the link.
    http://www.zdnet.com/article/some-wi...-edge-browser/
    /s
    Last edited by Superdupont 2_0; 03-03-16 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Source
    03-03-16 08:32 AM
    I AM the cult following (for 12-15 years) and after terrible tech Support of leadership team. I am ready to leave! Heart broken

Posted via CB10
    03-03-16 05:11 PM
    If I worked in the OS 10 coding department, I'd spend most of my day looking for a job. I personally preferred BB07 since it was no hassle and made sense to operate...
    03-03-16 05:30 PM
    I wish BB had some grand plan, but at this point I think they are just in a fight for survival and relevance, and likely not taking that much of a long term view.

As for your other point, I feel like BB had an opportunity to sell the privacy angle in the Snowden hayday, and maybe they still can, but I'm not convinced most people even care that much about privacy. Seems like most will insist the government shouldn't be "spying" on them, while they happily post what they had for breakfast on Facebook.

Posted via CB10
    Killjoyhere and zombiecupcake like this.
    03-03-16 06:32 PM
    I wish BB had some grand plan, but at this point I think they are just in a fight for survival and relevance, and likely not taking that much of a long term view.

As for your other point, I feel like BB had an opportunity to sell the privacy angle in the Snowden hayday, and maybe they still can, but I'm not convinced most people even care that much about privacy. Seems like most will insist the government shouldn't be "spying" on them, while they happily post what they had for breakfast on Facebook.

Posted via CB10
    I think the difference being when they post their breakfast on Facebook it was being viewed by the intended recipients. Unless it was public of course but hopefully that would be intentional.

Coming back to BB10, you have to ask yourself this... you go into a mobile phone store looking for a device that suits your needs hopefully trying to get your contracts worth out of it.
    Firstly, chances are they won't have one in there.
    Secondly if there is it probably won't be a working model for you to try.
    Then when you ask the assistant they try to talk you out of one and they know little about it anyway.
    So if you've done your own research and don't need the assistant you will be aware that BlackBerry has "no plans" to make any more devices.
    You will know that most of the apps your friends are raving about aren't going to work.
    You learn that the ones that do work may not be working for much longer because the runtime it relies on will not be updated.
    Bb10 developers are moving away from the platform because there's no money in it and BlackBerry themselves are vague about the future.
    When you ask around to see what the next big features are coming up in future releases of the os you find there isn't going to be any.
    And to top that off some features on the device aren't working properly and BlackBerry aren't going to fix them.
    But on the bright side BlackBerry have a couple of security updates scheduled for someone soon...promise.

So get that hard earned wage you've earned getting up early working late and putting up with that **** of a boss and buy the phone while the people in the shop who tried to talk you out of it watch on in amazement.

Not sure how gray of a picture you want me to paint but it's rapidly turning into a lowrey painting. If you want a consumer device either get a priv or ditch BlackBerry altogether.

Posted via CB10
    Killjoyhere likes this.
    03-07-16 06:46 PM
    I think the difference being when they post their breakfast on Facebook it was being viewed by the intended recipients. Unless it was public of course but hopefully that would be intentional.

Coming back to BB10, you have to ask yourself this... you go into a mobile phone store looking for a device that suits your needs hopefully trying to get your contracts worth out of it.
    Then when you ask the assistant they try to talk you out of one and they know little about it anyway.
    So if you've done your own research and don't need the assistant you will be aware that BlackBerry has "no plans" to make any more devices.
    You will know that most of the apps your friends are raving about aren't going to work.
    You learn that the ones that do work may not be working for much longer because the runtime it relies on will not be updated.
    Bb10 developers are moving away from the platform because there's no money in it and BlackBerry themselves are vague about the future.
    When you ask around to see what the next big features are coming up in future releases of the os you find there isn't going to be any.
    And to top that off some features on the device aren't working properly and BlackBerry aren't going to fix them.
    But on the bright side BlackBerry have a couple of security updates scheduled for someone soon...promise.

So get that hard earned wage you've earned getting up early working late and putting up with that **** of a boss and buy the phone while the people in the shop who tried to talk you out of it watch on in amazement.

Not sure how gray of a picture you want me to paint but it's rapidly turning into a lowrey painting. If you want a consumer device either get a priv or ditch BlackBerry altogether.

Posted via CB10
    You know what? I agree.......
    About OS10 and its future-90.gif
    03-07-16 08:08 PM
    I will stick with BB10 I have a Q10 my daughter has my old Z10 and pretty soon I will be getting a Passport.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-16 08:22 PM
    Consumer and enterprise fans of our workhorse BlackBerry 10 smartphones such as Passport, Classic and others can look forward to many security and privacy enhancements in 2016. The coming version 10.3.3 will be certified for NIAP compliance, meaning it will have passed the strictest government-grade security tests, enabling us to further support our government and regulated customers who use BlackBerry 10 devices and demand the highest levels of security. We are also planning a version 10.3.4 for later this year with even more security improvements.

I truly enjoy the BB10 experience. I'm fine with Blackberry setting a standard that the CIA would be happy with. I'm a big fan and continue to be. I find the BB10 very easy to use.
    03-07-16 08:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    Ahhh...political rhetoric. The apps thing is so over blown its ridiculous. "The apps your friends are raving about"... is so over rated. People who use these phones as secure work horses with dynamic right justification, the ability to read PDF docs and adjust the font on a business document are not playing on-line games. The Android platform win the Priv is just a cop out. The BB10 and its hub concept works so beautifully. Maybe Blackberry is vague about the future, but they shouldn't be. Pursue the niche player that business people will use. Apple made it back. Blackberry can too.
    AYC2112 likes this.
    03-07-16 08:56 PM
    Love the physical keypad.
    03-07-16 09:03 PM
    You know what? I agree.......
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	90.gif 
Views:	1277 
Size:	388.4 KB 
ID:	393533
    You know what? I don't care.
    03-07-16 09:04 PM
    Just reacting on this ...
    What if you consider what makes hackers interested in a device platform ?
    re: Numbers.
    Ironically, this will probably make the BB10 platform one of the least lurked in the dark-hack places.

“Supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.”
    ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War
    03-08-16 05:09 AM
    Ahhh...political rhetoric. The apps thing is so over blown its ridiculous. "The apps your friends are raving about"... is so over rated. People who use these phones as secure work horses with dynamic right justification, the ability to read PDF docs and adjust the font on a business document are not playing on-line games. The Android platform win the Priv is just a cop out. The BB10 and its hub concept works so beautifully. Maybe Blackberry is vague about the future, but they shouldn't be. Pursue the niche player that business people will use. Apple made it back. Blackberry can too.
    That's fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I'm commenting from a reality perspective to someone considering buying a bb10 device. If you want to buy a device based on BlackBerry making a come back perhaps then like the many BlackBerry shareholders there's a high probability that won't turn out well for you. I bought into the PlayBook episode and believe me when the decision is made to ditch something you're powerless to stop it.

The apps your friends are raving about maybe overated depending on what they're for. You'd still like to be involved though right. In my circle of friends and family snapchat appears to be the social media app of choice right now. Me, I'm not overwhelmed by it but when my daughters at a friends party it would be nice if I didn't have to keep getting shown what's happening on my wife's phone. What's next? Some other app that's the next best to hit mobile technology comes out that is of some interest for me personally and one thing I can guarantee is I won't be getting it.

I agree the hub concept is great, problem here being that BlackBerry are currently working on making the bb10 hub experience mirrored on to their android device negating the reason for having a bb10 device if the hub is what sold you on the device.

I think BlackBerry are "vague" about BB10 because they don't know themselves what to do about it. What I do know is openly scrapping the os will p off the BB 10 die hards who BlackBerry are hoping at some point to bring over to android. That's business suicide and relies heavily on getting new customers teased over from other os which isn't going to be easy. Hence BlackBerry have a vested interest right now of "being vague" about its future.

So you want a cia style device. Here's the thing, such a device would need to be stripped down to the bare bones. Possibly removing the run time and 3rd party components they have no control over. Facebook, Twitter, one drive, dropbox and anything else baked in. People will probably want that by then because if the login protocols for these services change, which they will and no one at BlackBerry is there to fix them you'll end up with dead apps baked in to your phone. (see PlayBook ref)
    So you end up with a phone that has secure calls and email and BBM. Did I mention the guy who made BBM for BlackBerry has left because according to his wife he ran out of patience with the company.

There is a niche market to serve without a doubt but that doesn't really make a difference to 99% of the people in this forum who are just consumers. And, we have to bear in mind that BlackBerry mantra right now is telling us all the years of selling us BlackBerry because android was an insecure platform is now bs. They've made android as secure (apparently) thus negating the need for us to use another product. Why would they go back on this comment without having to admit that android isn't as secure as they thought?

And here's the killer, if BlackBerry want to serve this highly secure market
    Where android just won't do, where are they going to get the devices from? They aren't making anymore. If the CIA rings and says they need 10 bb10 devices for an ultra secure black op they have lined up will they be dusting off some old passports they had laying about in some warehouse (probably returns with screen lift of which I'm sure they have many)

No one is as pissed of about it as me, I've bought into the promise over and over again only to find I actually support bb10 more than BlackBerry do and it is undoubtedly THE best os I have ever used for getting things done and security but we all need to have a massive bite of the reality sandwich and there's a portion for everyone.

Just like falling out with a partner first there's anger, then denial and eventually we'll all just put the whole thing behind us to it comes down to a comment in a pub in 5 years time of "can you remember bb10, I loved that os"

Thanks for the experience.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-16 05:17 AM
123 1234 ...