I am wondering if this is a common thing? The screen along the right side is unsticking. Blackberry's response is that I have to send it to them to check if it can be repaired and if not they will replace it with a repaired model. I'm not sure why they would replace a phone that is defective with another phone that would have been sent back because it was also returned because of problems.

Does this make sense?
    08-19-15 10:10 AM
    Sorry to hear you are having this problem. From what I have seen, it is not common but is not rare either. If you bought the phone full price from BlackBerry then I feel you should get a new one as a replacement. Good luck.
    08-19-15 10:44 AM
    Pictures would be nice even tho there has been many pictures on Cb it's interesting to see them! Send it in for warranty repair!

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339 virgin uk
    08-19-15 11:40 AM
    I am wondering if this is a common thing? The screen along the right side is unsticking. Blackberry's response is that I have to send it to them to check if it can be repaired and if not they will replace it with a repaired model. I'm not sure why they would replace a phone that is defective with another phone that would have been sent back because it was also returned because of problems.

Does this make sense?
    Two things to keep in mind:

1) That repaired replacement is what we would normally call a "refurb". Unless you're dealing with some fly by night company, any refurbished unit gets a better inspection and testing than new units get. Yes the warranty is usually shorter, but its long enough to figure out if there are issues.

2) If you have a good local phone repair place that you deal with, they can probably do a quick glue job pretty cheaply.
    08-19-15 12:08 PM
    Two things to keep in mind:

1) That repaired replacement is what we would normally call a "refurb". Unless you're dealing with some fly by night company, any refurbished unit gets a better inspection and testing than new units get. Yes the warranty is usually shorter, but its long enough to figure out if there are issues.

2) If you have a good local phone repair place that you deal with, they can probably do a quick glue job pretty cheaply.
    I would not recommend having a repair shop glue it because it is still under warranty. BlackBerry is responsible to fix or replace it.
    08-19-15 02:35 PM
    I agree. I am not going to send this to a local shop as it is still under warranty. I am disappointed though that this is happening and that Blackberry's response is to replace the phone with a refurbished phone. I have attached a pic.

7 month phone and the screen is unsticking-apk-fg7ikf_iahtdvhzsvuqd64zccdop3uh02a5skg3g-2.jpg
    08-20-15 09:11 AM
    I'm having the same issue. BlackBerry are citing "physical damage" as the cause and both them and their authorised reseller are refusing to fix it. It's been an ongoing saga; hopefully you have more luck.

In any event, you might find that getting it fixed with better glue gives a better long term result than a refurb that might suffer the same issue, but of course doing so will void your warranty.
    08-20-15 09:17 AM
    I discovered my ATT passport lower right screen was lifting last night. I can push the corner down and it slowly lifts up over time. There is a clicking sound when you press the corner of the screen against the backing (likely adhesive underneath touching). This morning I'm noticing that the device actually looks twisted or warped. Is very likely battery heat is causing this. I'm not sure this could be prevented on a refurb unless there is a design change to support the frame. The phone was purchased this year. No, I do not sit on the phone. I love the phone, but I'm just shaking my head at this.
    08-20-15 01:01 PM
    I had the issue with my passport. I sent it in and they sent it back in a week. Fixed not a replacement phone.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 01:08 PM
    While I haven't had this issue to date, I'd have to debate on whether or not to send it to BlackBerry or just go to the cell phone repair shop in the local mall. They're actually pretty good, fix it while you're there, and warranty their work.

I'd likely first go through BlackBerry. If you don't have much luck as the poster above was told it's basically from wear and tear and not covered then of course I'd let the repair shop fix it. They fix every make and model of phones, tablets, etc.

See what you get from BlackBerry first and if that satisfies you, go through BlackBerry... that is why we purchase from them directly (partially) for the 1 year warranty. I'd be surprised if you didn't have a local repair shop. I'd definitely not send it out to some repair shop though. Idk... guess it comes down to the options you have.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 01:31 PM
    I agree. I am not going to send this to a local shop as it is still under warranty. I am disappointed though that this is happening and that Blackberry's response is to replace the phone with a refurbished phone. I have attached a pic.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Apk-fg7IKF_iAHTdVHzsvUQD64zccDOp3UH02A5sKG3G 2.jpg 
Views:	1380 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	367631
    What is that mark on the bezel near the top corner of the phone? Is that an impact?

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Red Edition
    08-20-15 01:34 PM
    7 month phone and the screen is unsticking-img_20150522_154546.jpg

Not a scratch on my old phone, was always in a case too. One day.. I noticed it when I had it outside it's case. Had it replaced and caught hell the whole time. I don't sit on my phone or lean on it. It gets hot in top right corner quite often, the old one as well. I truly believe it's a heat issue in the top right for that particular area to lift. Unless of course, it was dropped.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 03:22 PM

Does this make sense?
    All warranty devices are refurbished!

Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2252 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    08-22-15 10:10 AM

Name:	IMG_20150522_154546.jpg 
Views:	839 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	367674

Not a scratch on my old phone, was always in a case too. One day.. I noticed it when I had it outside it's case. Had it replaced and caught hell the whole time. I don't sit on my phone or lean on it. It gets hot in top right corner quite often, the old one as well. I truly believe it's a heat issue in the top right for that particular area to lift. Unless of course, it was dropped.

Posted via CB10
    Looks like the AT&T version? Didn't think there was many screen lift issues there. Might just be because there are a lot less AT&T models out there.

Wanted to get the SE, but if I don't win the CB contest will be using a new AT&T version for a change. Getting it second hand though so no warranty. Kinda dissapointing that the AT&T version has the same issue.

Guess in a month or two we'll see if BlackBerry addressed this with the Silver Edition. I'm assuming they did with the new frame and "increased durability".

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 10:48 AM
    Just bend the frame back into shape, and be more careful with it in future. The "issue" is caused by the phone being bent due to being subjected to excess pressure on that corner, e.g. squatting down with it in a front pocket.

Posted via Passport. It's hip to be square.
    08-22-15 11:58 AM
    Just bend the frame back into shape, and be more careful with it in future. The "issue" is caused by the phone being bent due to being subjected to excess pressure on that corner, e.g. squatting down with it in a front pocket.

My screen lifted without the phone ever being subject to pressure, unless this device isn't meant to be carried in suit-jacket pockets

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by dejanh; 08-22-15 at 01:18 PM.
    08-22-15 12:19 PM
    My screen lifted without the phone ever being subject to pressure, unless this device isn't meant to be carried eve in suit-jacket pockets

Posted via CB10
    If both screen and frame are flat as manufactured, how is this even physically possible?

08-22-15 12:27 PM

Name:	Apk-fg7IKF_iAHTdVHzsvUQD64zccDOp3UH02A5sKG3G 2.jpg 
Views:	1380 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	367631
    Looks like you dropped it on the corner you can see a small scratch

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 12:33 PM
    If both screen and frame are flat as manufactured, how is this even physically possible?

Insufficient and crappy adhesive.
    08-24-15 01:07 PM
    This POS design of the Passport makes the screen separate easily from the frame. Garbage adhesive used is easily affected by heat.

If you run Android apps, while charging in the heat you are highly likely to run into the 'screen lift' problem.

I'm deciding on the right time to send in my 2nd device with screen lift. This replacement I'm using now received the screen lift within days of getting it.

Great device but terrible QC.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    08-24-15 01:21 PM