Who cares about the outdated iphone. 6

Posted via CB10
    Don't do this.

Please..
    02-24-15 04:32 AM
    is that questions? sounds like pointless defence for me.
    It actually issnt. You do not use most of the apps and for every specific purpose you'll get 100 apps which are all the same. Not to mention the lame games that circle's in the app store.

I've had the i6 myself and had to trade it within a month, because it was such an boring device to use.

PS. How many words you have to re wright after you mis spelled a word? You just can't put a missing letter in between haha..

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 05:18 AM
    It actually issnt. You do not use most of the apps and for every specific purpose you'll get 100 apps which are all the same. Not to mention the lame games that circle's in the app store.

I've had the i6 myself and had to trade it within a month, because it was such an boring device to use.

PS. How many words you have to re wright after you mis spelled a word? You just can't put a missing letter in between haha..

Posted via CB10
    yep, sure it's boring for me too. But people's requirement for daily use are different each other and that's hard to be quantified, having many (native) apps is an advantage. Only has typing performance seems a big advantage, but it's nothing if weaks in other (major) areas.
    02-26-15 07:53 PM
    The Passport is a standout! Best-looking phone in the bunch.
    02-26-15 11:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    You can add a letter in between letters on an iPhone for sure. You just long press the screen and a magnified circle appears with a cursor. Then you place the letter wherever you want. Simple.

As far as apps, I currently sit at 49. Of course I don't use all of them everyday! I use about 15 of them on a daily basis. The others are used when I need them. Go figure! For example I use AroundMe POI finder, Trip Advisor and iExit when I'm traveling. I use the geocaching app when I'm doing that activity, etc.

I like the variety of apps available on iOS, native and 3rd party. They all offer different features, UIs, price points, etc. So I can usually find exactly what I need. It makes the phone an effective utility for me!
    Attached Thumbnails 7 iPhone 6 vs 1 Passport-image.jpg  
    Last edited by Chrisy; 02-28-15 at 05:49 AM.
    02-28-15 05:35 AM
    yep, sure it's boring for me too. But people's requirement for daily use are different each other and that's hard to be quantified, having many (native) apps is an advantage. Only has typing performance seems a big advantage, but it's nothing if weaks in other (major) areas.
    Agreed. I don't find any OS boring really. But then again, I'm not looking to be entertained by simply "playing" with my phone. Like BlackBerry users, I use my (i)phone for work, communication, organization, and education and entertainment (Such as podcasts). I guess it's like how I don't find my blender boring or fun. It's juts a tool! It makes great smoothies though!
    Last edited by Chrisy; 02-28-15 at 05:51 AM.
    rick365 and jmr1015 like this.
    02-28-15 05:39 AM
    Oh yes they do. I have never seen a more elegant phone than the passport. The top surface with the iPhone home button has always been so ugly.
    02-28-15 05:59 AM
    The irony of someone claiming the iPhone 6 is running obsolete hardware, when the Passport is running a Snapdragon 801 and Adreno 330...
    and still lagging when running high graphic game
    03-07-15 03:05 AM
    Nice, thanks for sharing,

Passport looks great next to those iPhones

At least one of you guys is supporting BB
    03-07-15 04:41 AM
    I like iphones more than my passport, just because they don't run badly designed android OS on them

Posted via CB10
    Excuse me, Android is Linux, BB10 is QNX...
    If you think the runtime is the actual OS, you're not quite right... :-)

�   "Telstra, Telstra an der Wand, wer ist der schoenste im ganzen Land...?" Answer: Passport... (Optus got it!) ;-)   �
    Um,

I thought Android's Kernel was Linux and that the US and applications are All coded in Dalvic or Art Java?!

Posted via CB10

In my understanding, different vendors call different software architectures as runtime.

If you mean that the whole android API's are only(or mostly) a wrapper around QNX calls, the Android UI must be stutter free. But the android apps perform like they are being run on a VM inside QNX.

Posted via CB10

QNX and Linux kernels are similar but they're not the same. There is a QNX os too but it is not being used today in phones. To be precise, Blackberry company is using an web OS called "Blackberry 10, version 10.3.1.XXXX" and powered by QNX kernel.

Android runtime in bb10 is also operated by qnx kernel on dalvik but does not work the same as the previous android mobile os version; 4.3.X... and yes, it is considered virtual machine.

Moto X 2k14 Posted via
    Last edited by systemvolker; 03-07-15 at 05:18 AM.
    03-07-15 05:08 AM
    One million apps= 114/hour for one year, fascinating(wish I could make my Passport sound like a box of tictacs when I shake it).

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 06:11 AM
    One million apps= 114/hour for one year, fascinating(wish I could make my Passport sound like a box of tictacs when I shake it).

Posted via CB10
    My first post, this I should have referred to the post about one million Apple apps.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 06:15 AM
    QNX and Linux kernels are similar but they're not the same. There is a QNX os too but it is not being used today in phones. To be precise, Blackberry company is using an web OS called "Blackberry 10, version 10.3.1.XXXX" and powered by QNX kernel.

Android runtime in bb10 is also operated by qnx kernel on dalvik but does not work the same as the previous android mobile os version; 4.3.X... and yes, it is considered virtual machine.

Moto X 2k14 Posted via
    Pardon me? Blackberry is using web OS? I thought web OS was HP's(basically palm built OS)

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 09:49 AM
    IF the iphone6 battery lasts as long or maybe 75% of how long the Passport lasts,i might reconsider making my iphone6 my main phone.but i doubt it will ever happen even in the future.
    03-07-15 11:09 AM
    IF the iphone6 battery lasts as long or maybe 75% of how long the Passport lasts,i might reconsider making my iphone6 my main phone.but i doubt it will ever happen even in the future.
    My 6 Plus lasts as long as my Passport did, but that's not the point. They're both great phones for different people. Each handset has advantages in hardware and software. I would love it if the iPhone had as much RAM as the Passport. I would love it if the Passport (or any phone, for that matter) had a comparable SoC to the iPhone 6 Plus. The hardware comparison is just silly.

Software? I would love it if the Passport had the unmatched ecosystem of the iPhone. I would really like it if the iPhone ran such a fantastic, robust, productivity-focused OS. Do you folks see what I am getting at here?

The world is big enough for both devices and ecosystems to exist. They both have advantages and disadvantages. Stop harping on the differences and hope that competition makes both companies and their products better. BlackBerry and Apple are similar in a lot of ways, but most striking is that neither company wants to turn their devices into commoditized trash. They perceive value in their work and products so that we can do the same thing. We all spend too much time with these devices to want junk, and neither of these companies wants to sell us junk.
    Chrisy likes this.
    03-07-15 12:07 PM
65 123