Hi Guys,

1) After around 30 days with the passport, I can say that this is the phone to have if you do business and period!
    That is it.

2) Here are some very strong features of the blackberry passport (remember that I was a iphone 6 user per 9 months).
    2.1) Keyboard: If you write in several languages during the day, the physical keyboard is a must have and period!
    2.2) Word prediction: If you write a lot, the word prediction of the blackberry passport is also a must have.
    2.3) Notifications: you can setup the notification to ring at nigh just to one specific email account, and all the other notifications in silent mode, or if you need to have the phone on, you can activate the "Phone only" mode, and all other email and messages will not ring. Is very customisable.
    2.4) Battery: don't even worry about, with 50% of the battery in the morning you will be good for the whole day.
    2.5) PDF: Omg, if you do business, you definitely need to work with PDFs, you can create pdf, and attach them to emails.
    2.6) Files: you can work with all kinds of files, just like a computer, you put the files in one of the folders (Documents, Downloads, Pictures, Audio, Videos, etc), and you can edit, zip, extract, etc etc, and attach to emails.

There is more good stuff to talk about, but I will write later, another day.
    PS: There is also a few things I don't like, which I will also talk about another day.
    Last edited by Sonda Santiago; 06-12-15 at 06:05 PM.
    06-12-15 05:52 PM
    Well thanks for sharing. Glad you like it!
    Sonda Santiago likes this.
    06-12-15 08:00 PM
    Welcome to my world. Been saying the same things for years now.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-15 08:57 PM
    You can also download and upload files using an OTG. Also get a slimport and display your files via a projector. Eliminates carrying a laptop to some small meetings.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 02:40 AM
    All I can say is amen. Experienced all of those benefits myself.

-- Passport, Virgin Mobile (Toronto)
    06-13-15 10:23 AM
    Not sure that the Passport is strictly for business...
    My Passport is my personal and primary use phone.

I love the form factor, the keyboard, the screen size and the quality build components.
    The battery life will keep you going all thru the day with failing and to top it all off, it doesn't look like every other phone on the market.
    When you see a Passport... you know you're looking at a BlackBerry Passport!

Post from my Passport or my Z30 or my Playbook
    hpjrt and Sonda Santiago like this.
    06-13-15 10:28 AM
    Hi Guys,

1) After around 30 days with the passport, I can say that this is the phone to have if you do business and period!
    That is it.

2) Here are some very strong features of the blackberry passport (remember that I was a iphone 6 user per 9 months).
    2.1) Keyboard: If you write in several languages during the day, the physical keyboard is a must have and period!
    2.2) Word prediction: If you write a lot, the word prediction of the blackberry passport is also a must have.
    2.3) Notifications: you can setup the notification to ring at nigh just to one specific email account, and all the other notifications in silent mode, or if you need to have the phone on, you can activate the "Phone only" mode, and all other email and messages will not ring. Is very customisable.
    2.4) Battery: don't even worry about, with 50% of the battery in the morning you will be good for the whole day.
    2.5) PDF: Omg, if you do business, you definitely need to work with PDFs, you can create pdf, and attach them to emails.
    2.6) Files: you can work with all kinds of files, just like a computer, you put the files in one of the folders (Documents, Downloads, Pictures, Audio, Videos, etc), and you can edit, zip, extract, etc etc, and attach to emails.

There is more good stuff to talk about, but I will write later, another day.
    PS: There is also a few things I don't like, which I will also talk about another day.
    Regarding 2.5, what do you use to create PDF's? I paid for an app in BlackBerry World, and it simply failed every time!

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    06-13-15 06:01 PM
    To create pdf in the blackberry passport you can use the app "Scan to PDF" is a native app made for blackberry, available in the blackberry world apps.
    There are other also, but I have tried this one and it works.
    06-14-15 12:01 AM
    To create pdf in the blackberry passport you can use the app "Scan to PDF" is a native app made for blackberry, available in the blackberry world apps.
    There are other also, but I have tried this one and it works.
    CamScanner by Intsig also allows to make PDF's either scanned or from the image gallery. It has ads though.

Posted via CB10 from Passport
    06-14-15 12:55 AM
    I'm looking for an app to take Word and PowerPoint files and convert them to a PDF. Not camera shots or pictures.

Anyone know of a good one?

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 07:17 AM
    I use OfficeSuite Professional 8. It's available via SNAP or the Amazon App store. It does a great job of converting xls or doc files to pdf.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 07:42 AM
    OfficeSuite Professional 8 does a great job converting xls and doc files to pdf. Available via SNAP or the Amazon App Store.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 07:48 AM
    There is File Converter in bbw.

I haven't tried it, but I think this is what you are looking for.

My Canada My BlackBerry My Z30
    06-14-15 07:52 AM
    I'm looking for an app to take Word and PowerPoint files and convert them to a PDF. Not camera shots or pictures.

Anyone know of a good one?

Posted via CB10
    Cloudvert. It is amazing.
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59936947

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 09:18 AM
    File Converter does a good job for me

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 09:22 AM

File Convert is absolute garbage. Fails at every attempt.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 09:24 AM
    You can create PDFs online, but thats not good for business files.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 09:34 AM
    Passport also provides the best reading and viewing email experience. Thanks to the excellent screen quality and size.

Sent from Passport
    06-14-15 10:55 AM
    The passport is superior to any other so called mobile on the market right now, there is no other phone which can compete with it and that is whole truth.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 06:49 PM
    Agree! But except battery life as it would vary a lot depends on usage.

I set up my company emails to be streamed to my phone, and in addition to message applications such as Wechat, my Passport lasts about one full day at most.

MBFan-WHITE PASSPORT
    06-15-15 06:20 AM
    One final point: the accuracy of both touch typing and keyboard typing on current BlackBerry devices is BAR NONE!

 Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.2.798 Rogers Wireless
    06-15-15 09:35 AM
    One of the key business feature is printing an email. Or even print the attached files without having to go to a separate app which doesn't work if you are using business email which locked down from accessing 3rd party apps to print.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 10:05 AM

File converter is great. It works and not sure but I think it didn't need to be online.

モーニング娘。15 ... my BlackBerryZ : Storm9500, Torch9860, Bold9900, Z10, Passport
    06-16-15 12:36 PM
    Tanks for that!!
    06-16-15 11:04 PM