10-30-14 03:35 PM
83 ... 234
tools
    OP HERE:

EDIT: Phone has been working as if brand new for the last few days after another 36 hours in rice. The Z key was working, then not working, then working, then not working and has been working for two days. I am not holding my breath however in case something happens and it dies but I am thrilled.
    10-29-14 04:38 PM
    Good ****
    10-29-14 05:02 PM
    OP HERE:

EDIT: Phone has been working as if brand new for the last few days after another 36 hours in rice. The Z key was working, then not working, then working, then not working and has been working for two days. I am not holding my breath however in case something happens and it dies but I am thrilled.
    10-29-14 05:28 PM
    OP HERE:

I'd be tempted to continue the rice treatment (when you don't need it) until you don't see anything weird. If there's still moisture it can move around.
    But glad you have it on rails again !

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 06:50 PM
    OP HERE:

That's great news! However, I'd turn it off and rice-it some more just in case. It's never a bad idea to take precautions with electronics!

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 08:30 PM
    Situations like this are why I ALWAYS keep the silica gel packets when they come with clothing, shoes, etc. I have a big ziploc bag full of them. Their expressed purpose is to draw moisture away from stuff.

Hope it works out in the end. Good luck, OP.

JB

Posted internationally thanks to my Passport
    10-29-14 09:08 PM
    Water damage is never good but if you ever get any electronics water damaged, do the following..

1.. Give it a rubbing alcohol bath.. cleans out all the ionized water or any other fluids.
    Doing this can even restore some functionality if the electronic device is acting weird.
    2.. put it in silica gel to have the water and fluids dry out properly.

Rice trick is, according to many, a myth. If rice absorbed moisture then the bags of rice, that coincidentally come from most humid environments, would be swollen when they arrive to the markets sometimes even a few years from when they were first produced...

Btw.. Glad to hear that yours is working fine... my nephew had dropped my sister's Z10 twice in a bucket of water and it worked fine until she dropped it and cracked its screen..

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 09:13 PM
    OP HERE:

Yay!! Glad to hear!!! :-)

Posted via CB10 on my VZW STL100-4 running 10.3.1.821/800 hybrid
    10-30-14 03:35 PM
83 ... 234