Hi everyone, I bought my passport last Friday from amazon and got it on Saturday. I had to get a new sim card from a local AT&T store here in Dallas and. That was free and took less than 30 minutes. None of the store reps knew what it was and we're very impressed with it. I get LTE in my area and it is very strong.

My initial impressions are that it is built rock solid. The keyboard is excellent and the scrolling feature is an added bonus. After only a few days I have gotten used to the mix of keyboard and virtual keys.

I set up blend this evening and believe this to be a game changer. The ability to see my email, messages, etc on my tablet has made me start to think of all the ways I can use this phone in my insurance job.

So far the only negative I have noticed is that on some of my calls the. Other person tells me my voice fades in and out? I could be blocking the microphone(s) somehow and will have to investigate.

I hope someone finds this of use and will be happy to answer any questions.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 08:37 PM
    Yes, maybe just blocking or your area where you were for a call.
    I have AT&T and there is no problem. From inside a building or car or house; my calls are fine.
    Often enough, my calls are on speakerphone and no problem there either.
    I'm gonna quote you..."My initial impressions are that it is built rock solid."and "Excellent keyboard" (I am still getting used to it - but happy with it), and Blend...that is so cool. So easy to use. When I heard the ping and picked up my phone, I had to remind myself that it is on the desktop, haha.

Hi everyone, I bought my passport last Friday from amazon and got it on Saturday. I had to get a new sim card from a local AT&T store here in Dallas and. That was free and took less than 30 minutes. None of the store reps knew what it was and we're very impressed with it. I get LTE in my area and it is very strong.

My initial impressions are that it is built rock solid. The keyboard is excellent and the scrolling feature is an added bonus. After only a few days I have gotten used to the mix of keyboard and virtual keys.

I set up blend this evening and believe this to be a game changer. The ability to see my email, messages, etc on my tablet has made me start to think of all the ways I can use this phone in my insurance job.

So far the only negative I have noticed is that on some of my calls the. Other person tells me my voice fades in and out? I could be blocking the microphone(s) somehow and will have to investigate.

Posted via CB10
    pipishen likes this.
    11-25-14 08:58 AM
    The microphone issue seems to be software related. The phone has some technology built in that is supposed to change the mic and earpiece levels dynamically to compensate for environmental noise, but it seems that the algorithm is not quite there. I've gotten the same feedback from people.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 09:10 AM
    Just found a cool trick, when you do a long swipe under the space bar it deletes the whole line you have been typing. Nice.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 10:31 AM
    I have had my passport since the launch day and I really like the device, solid build quality and great screen. I was having issues with my hands on the physical keyboard because of 30 years of doing repetitive work, but I decided to make it my daily driver and sell my z30 and not looking back.

The passport is a true productivity machine and with features like the Hub, Peek and the Gesture concept, at 499 on BlackBerry and Amazon, I feel it's the best bang for the buck.

Sent from my Lovely Passport on T Mobile USA
    11-25-14 10:48 AM
    Glad to hear that on the Sim card thing. I finally dove in and bought the Amazon black friday deal. Will be switching from Verizon to AT&T today. Don't entirely understand the byod or unlocked phone pricing/off contract they have. Any insight?
    11-25-14 10:54 AM
    Sorry, I don't know anything about switching carriers and bringing an unlocked device. I can say that the device connects with the AT&T with no issues and the sales rep didn't make it a big deal in any way that I was using a non-AT&T phone. I assume you are just agreeing to a contract which won't cost them anything since they are not subsidizing a phone. Good luck but I don't think you will need it.

Posted via CB10
    zamboni08 likes this.
    11-25-14 11:00 AM
    Just found a cool trick, when you do a long swipe under the space bar it deletes the whole line you have been typing. Nice.

Posted via CB10
    It doesn't work for me. What OS version are you running?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK
    11-25-14 12:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    What OS release are you using, I can't get that to work on 10.3.0.908, but would love it.
    11-25-14 12:28 PM

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 01:02 PM
    Hi zamboni,
    I recently bought the passport unlocked from amazon and switched from sprint to AT&T. No issues at all, just went to a corporate store and ported my number over to the passport when we set up new service. No contract either. Sim was free. I am also in Dallas fort Worth area and get strong LTE. What is really amazing to me is how fast my BBM messages with pictures go through. On Sprint they would take forever.

So far I am VERY happy with my passport on AT&T!!

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 01:49 PM
    Glad you are enjoying your passport. Could you do me a favor and type a sentence and then making sure the cursor is to the right of the last character swipe under your space bar from right to left. See if it deletes the sentence. I'd appreciate it.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 02:04 PM
    Glad you are enjoying your passport. Could you do me a favor and type a sentence and then making sure the cursor is to the right of the last character swipe under your space bar from right to left. See if it deletes the sentence. I'd appreciate it.

Posted via CB10
    I haven't been able to replicate this.
    11-25-14 02:20 PM
    I am at the same OS and I cannot erase a whole sentence in one swipe, just one word at a time with one finger... can you replicate it? How many fingers did you use when swiping?

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 02:20 PM
    DONE! Was shockingly easy. Door to door, less than 15minutes. Loving this phone already!
    geekaren likes this.
    11-25-14 04:13 PM
    OK, I found a video that explained. Do a quick right-left swipe across the keyboard will delete.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 04:43 PM
    On all of their mobile share plans under 10 gigs you get a $15 discount and a $25 discount for lines 10 gigs and over.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 07:45 PM
    OK, I found a video that explained. Do a quick right-left swipe across the keyboard will delete.

Posted via CB10
    If the video demonstrates how to delete an entire sentence at a time I'd like to see it.
    11-25-14 07:46 PM
    11-25-14 07:53 PM
    Still not seeing it unless we're talking about deleting one-word sentences.
    11-25-14 09:13 PM
    Maybe it's a really long run-on sentence with no spaces?? Lol

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 10:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    Congrats on your passport. I am just south of you in Houston and am about a day ahead of you - bought from Amazon and got mine I believe on Wednesday or Thursday. I am on the fence with a couple of issues as battery is not as good as a lot of people are getting but I love the phone. I loved my q10, though, and am not necessarily sold with one over the other. I'd just rather support Blackberry continuing forward.

Anyway, I get the same complaints when on the phone about voice going in and out. I have heard about imperfections with the microphone that is in the earpiece (to measure ear pressure and adjust listening volume, accordingly, when ear is on different parts of the phone) but not with the microphones used to transmit your speech. Very disconcerting. So, same issue, not sure when or how often, and not aware of a solution.

Glad to hear that on the Sim card thing. I finally dove in and bought the Amazon black friday deal. Will be switching from Verizon to AT&T today. Don't entirely understand the byod or unlocked phone pricing/off contract they have. Any insight?
    Hope your switch went well - just take the phone to ATT and they will give you a nano sim card and they have no concern if the phone is not "theirs". Sometimes you can get insurance for a phone they carry even if the phone is originally not from them...if you pay monthly insurance premiums to them, of course.

Posted via CB10
    This works for one word delete - not an entire sentence.
    11-25-14 11:19 PM
    PhoneDog has a Passport challenge:

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    11-26-14 12:08 AM
    Hi all, I am not able to replicate it now. I did a power down and restart last night while trying to get the score mobile app from the amazon store to. Work with little success. Guess maybe it was a glitch in the first place.
    Anyone else able to get that sports app to work?

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 03:36 AM