01-22-15 03:35 PM
83 1234
tools
    I got an invitation to someone's wedding that's why I'm here

Looks like someone is more happy than getting married! =).

Hi everyone,

Well after lurking on these forums for months I finally took the plunge! Since some of you are interested in seeing the Passport become popular among many different types of people, I thought I'd let you know that I'm a 31 year old female, who bought the Passport with no intention of using it for work, and I LOVE it. I hummed and hawed about it because of the size but now that I have it I see that it's totally fine! Fits in the back pocket of my skinny jeans (very important - first world probs...), fits in all of my regular purses, I can totally use it one handed (I do have sort of long fingers I suppose) and after only getting it Saturday night, I'm already used to the keyboard!

I am very loyal to Blackberry and am coming from the Q10 and the 9900 before that. LOVED them both, but also love to switch it up and get something new. I have no interest in apps or games that the iPhone offers and I hate touchscreens and LOVE buttons. I had a Samsung S3 briefly before the Q10 and hated the screen and also hated how, for every single app I tried to download, the app wanted access to EVERYTHING on my phone, including things like text messages even if the app had nothing to do with texts? Made me feel weird. I feel much more secure and protected on my Blackberry.

So that's my story - I love reading everyone's posts and will continue to do so to learn more clever things I can do on the phone! I have never taken advantage of all of the keyboard shortcuts on Blackberries so that's my next thing to search about!

Once you go black, you can't turn back! Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 12:16 PM
    They say the phone is square and big and not suit for women. I saw a lady playing around with a white Passport the other morning when taking the kids to the usual caf for breakfast. I can say that lady and a Passport is quite a hot combination.
    Congrats on your new phone.
    01-12-15 12:39 PM
    Lol. There is something great about generation x and getting some gray hair. You don't have to care so much anymore and the days of being forced to do things are over. Hopefully yous will experience that life toos.

Posted from a Z30. Get one!
    01-12-15 12:52 PM
    Welcome OP. I just bought a Ringke Fusion case from amazon. Check it out.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    01-12-15 01:14 PM
    Enjoy!!!
    01-12-15 01:17 PM
    Well, I am 54 and has no Passport yet. Lol... Thanks for sharing!
    01-12-15 01:20 PM
    I'm a 63 year old woman who has been enjoying her Passport since the day after launch. It fits nicely in the pouch of my purse and it's currently fitted with a hardshell case - although I'm fighting the temptation to get a leather flip case.

Enjoy your new Passport!

By the way, I'm in Canada as well.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    Andy_bb_king, MTL and EsJayDee like this.
    01-12-15 01:34 PM
    I'm also a woman who is enjoying their passport! Not using a case but still have the screen protector it came with on it. Fits nicely in my purse and since it's bigger it doesn't end up at the bottom where I have to dig for it! I came from a Q10 but only had that a short time. Before that was HTC One M7 and iPhone 5s. BlackBerry bold 9930 Was my favorite and most loved device until I got the passport. Love it!

Oh and I'm from the US. Texas.

Welcome!!

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 01:53 PM
    You will find as time goes by and your phone settles in that the battery life will improve. since you are not in so much to apps you may not experience the drain from some android apps. Enjoy your Passport and read up on the different postings regarding different brands and styles of cases and choose the one you like. I am using a Stilgut that I bought off Amazon.
    01-12-15 02:28 PM
  10. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Awesome phone... enjoy!!

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 02:29 PM
    I thought I'd let you know that I'm a 31 year old female, who bought the Passport with no intention of using it for work, and I LOVE it.

Flash back to Oct 30/14:

I'm definitely thinking about getting one. I'm 32, female and am not a business person but love Blackberry and love getting new cell phones!
    in October you were 32 yrs old but today you're 31? wow!
    modifier likes this.
    01-12-15 02:37 PM
    Hi I am a 57 years young woman in the UK and I have had my passport for just a week, I have had iPhones for the last couple of years but got fed up with the battery life and found them pretty boring really, my last blackberry was a bold 9700 which I really loved, but all I can say is my passport is the best phone I have ever had, I love the large screen and the clarity is just brilliant, the keypad is good and an getting used to it now although I haven't used the short cuts as yet, I have snap installed and am looking forward to getting some apps shortly, I can see me keeping my passport for a long time........
    8ball-mb and cbosdell like this.
    01-12-15 02:57 PM
    in October you were 32 yrs old but today you're 31? wow!
    Hahaha I know - I realized shortly after I did that post in October that I messed that up. Apparently I'm getting to the age where I actually forget how old I am (and I always used to make fun of my mom for not knowing immediately how old she is.....). I'm 31 but turning 32 in March!
    01-12-15 03:01 PM
    @fostay, Nice story! Welcome to CrackBerry!
    01-12-15 03:16 PM
    Excuse me OP, Can I buy you a drink?
    Blacklatino and EsJayDee like this.
    01-12-15 04:24 PM
    Lol
    True gentlemen from the south, like yours truly, say Mamm.

Posted via CB10 on the Presidenr Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    01-12-15 04:30 PM
    I'm also enjoying smugly telling my husband features of the phone as he tells me his iPhone is, yet again, almost out of batteries.
    I engage in the smug observations regarding the superiority of my BlackBerry over my wife's iPhone too. Funny thing is that she goes about blithely indifferent to my obviously CRUCIAL analysis
    gebco, miker476 and fostay like this.
    01-12-15 04:34 PM
    i was at a bar (Real Sports in TO) watching football on Saturday with 8-10 people (people came and went throughout the day). half of us had blackberry 10s. one female (late 20 or early 30s) had a passport. brought a smile to my face.
    01-12-15 05:12 PM
    I'm a woman too . And I have a white passport. And I can use it with one hand. Its perfect for everything I need. Work, play, and looks pretty damn good I think. Agree, everyone says, wow that's huge, I just say ' and fabulous too, try it' . They usually love it after five mins. No iclones in my house, long live the BB. I'm in uk

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 07:06 PM
    Im a women too and will be getting my passport in a few weeks time
    01-12-15 07:54 PM
    Cheers to fostay and the other females in this thread with the good taste and sound judgment to pick up and rock the passport! Theres no quicker way to gain my respect (much like iphone use is a quick way to lose it).
    alan510 likes this.
    01-12-15 08:08 PM
    Extremely long boots, big phones and huge purses like MK...must be a new fashion trend for the ladies now?

Once you go black, you can't turn back! Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 08:56 PM
    Really?? This thread has stayed near the top of "Trending Now" all day.

I'm starting every one of my future posts with "31 year old female..." :P
    01-12-15 11:04 PM
    Wow... lots more women that I thought owning a passport.

Posted via CB10
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    01-12-15 11:20 PM
    Suaeeet!

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 11:25 PM
83 1234