Hi everyone,

Well after lurking on these forums for months I finally took the plunge! Since some of you are interested in seeing the Passport become popular among many different types of people, I thought I'd let you know that I'm a 31 year old female, who bought the Passport with no intention of using it for work, and I LOVE it. I hummed and hawed about it because of the size but now that I have it I see that it's totally fine! Fits in the back pocket of my skinny jeans (very important - first world probs...), fits in all of my regular purses, I can totally use it one handed (I do have sort of long fingers I suppose) and after only getting it Saturday night, I'm already used to the keyboard!

I am very loyal to Blackberry and am coming from the Q10 and the 9900 before that. LOVED them both, but also love to switch it up and get something new. I have no interest in apps or games that the iPhone offers and I hate touchscreens and LOVE buttons. I had a Samsung S3 briefly before the Q10 and hated the screen and also hated how, for every single app I tried to download, the app wanted access to EVERYTHING on my phone, including things like text messages even if the app had nothing to do with texts? Made me feel weird. I feel much more secure and protected on my Blackberry.

So that's my story - I love reading everyone's posts and will continue to do so to learn more clever things I can do on the phone! I have never taken advantage of all of the keyboard shortcuts on Blackberries so that's my next thing to search about!
    01-12-15 08:04 AM
    Welcome! And thanks for you story! Enjoy it!
    Zeds, Humphry Ea and Elite1 like this.
    01-12-15 08:06 AM
    It's refreshing to see this coming from a woman, considering that more that half the men (or almost) have some sort of complaint about the size, one hand use and so on. Welcome to the Passport world
    01-12-15 08:11 AM
    Glad that you're enjoying your phone!

I'm pretty sure many of your friends will be wondering what phone you've got there!

Do you have SNAP installed? If you do you'll appreciate having this:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rmission&hl=en

Allows you to change permissions of android apps. Enjoy!

Posted via CB10
    micher and EsJayDee like this.
    01-12-15 08:12 AM
    It's great to hear that women still carry Blackberry's. All I ever seem to see are IPhones being wielded by women out & about. Even my 3 daughter's all have IPhones & they all originally came from Blackberry's too. Well done on your choice, & I hope you continue to enjoy it.

Posted on CB10 with my Passport but previously my Q10
    01-12-15 08:17 AM
    Welcome and congrats on you Passport? Hope you enjoy it!

Passport on AT&T
    greg8283 likes this.
    01-12-15 08:26 AM
    If you use a password , go into settings and turn on the Encryption. Your safe now sweetheart. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...en-3-a-989943/
    01-12-15 08:34 AM
    Welcome,but beware,are you sure you want to put it in your back pocket?haha
    01-12-15 08:34 AM
    Welcome aboard!
    I know you will have a great time with your Passport. It does so much and gets work done!
    01-12-15 08:36 AM
    If you use a password , go into settings and turn on the Encryption. Your safe now sweetheart. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...en-3-a-989943/
    Hmm, can't tell if I'm more put off by the mis-spelling of 'you're' or the misplaced "sweetheart".

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 08:49 AM
    Glad to hear you are enjoying your new Passport. It is reports like your's that get me excited about upgrading from a Q10 to the Passport. I have 6 months left on my company's phone plan, but if it was my own 'owned' phone, I would have switched by now. Hopefully, they will let us switch early in 3 months.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 08:52 AM
    Welcome to the Oververse.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 08:57 AM
    Welcome! May I ask where are you from, where are you intending to use your passport? Wondering if in USA and if so, it will be interesting to see your females friends' reactions to it...

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 08:58 AM
    Congrats on your new baby

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 09:03 AM
    Yezzir
    01-12-15 09:17 AM
    Sweetheart really??? It is 2015 you know.
    01-12-15 09:19 AM
    Sweetheart really??? It is 2015 you know.
    He meant to say "Sugar".
    01-12-15 09:32 AM
    Congrats on getting a Passport. I saw "back pocket of my skinny jeans," so one word of warning... don't sit on it. If you do, chances are that you'll get a slight torque/bend/twist in the frame over time. Yes, yes, I forget that it's there until I sit down, and noticed the slight bend after about a week. My Passport no longer lays flush on the table. I bent it back once, but no longer bother to do so after noticing it again. It's not really noticeable unless you go looking for it, but it's still there. Might be because I do sit on hard chairs (plastic desk chairs, benches, etc). It seems ok when sitting in the car seat and other cushioned softer administrative chairs. I really do have to change my habit about this phone. Again, congrats!
    01-12-15 09:35 AM
    Congrats on the new Passport, and welcome.
    01-12-15 09:42 AM
    That curved LG might be on to something for people that carry in their back pockets.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 10:15 AM
    He meant to say "Sugar".
    Lol
    01-12-15 10:18 AM
    Welcome to the second most exclusive club in mobile.
    Enjoy.

Posted two-handed via Passport
    livestrong911 likes this.
    01-12-15 11:00 AM
    Welcome! May I ask where are you from, where are you intending to use your passport? Wondering if in USA and if so, it will be interesting to see your females friends' reactions to it...

Posted via CB10
    I'm from Canada! Haven't really had a chance to show many of my friends yet (and there's pretty much no one at my work who is "into" cell phones so I'm sure their reactions would be lame) but I will say that most of the people I've shown so far basically say "holy cow that's huge!". To which I say, yep, but isn't it fabulous?

I'm also enjoying smugly telling my husband features of the phone as he tells me his iPhone is, yet again, almost out of batteries. Now I'm on the hunt for one of the charger base things that BB just came out with. Bell doesn't seem to have them yet but said they will hopefully by the end of the week.
    livestrong911 and gokulesh like this.
    01-12-15 11:10 AM
    Congrats on getting a Passport. I saw "back pocket of my skinny jeans," so one word of warning... don't sit on it. If you do, chances are that you'll get a slight torque/bend/twist in the frame over time. Yes, yes, I forget that it's there until I sit down, and noticed the slight bend after about a week. My Passport no longer lays flush on the table. I bent it back once, but no longer bother to do so after noticing it again. It's not really noticeable unless you go looking for it, but it's still there. Might be because I do sit on hard chairs (plastic desk chairs, benches, etc). It seems ok when sitting in the car seat and other cushioned softer administrative chairs. I really do have to change my habit about this phone. Again, congrats!
    Thanks! Haha I definitely won't be sitting with it in my pocket. It's just that when I'm running around the house doing random things, I might be chatting with someone on my phone, so it's nice if I can put it in my jeans pocket to carry it with me. It's too giant to be able to comfortably sit on it with it in the pocket so no risk of that for me
    01-12-15 11:11 AM
    Now I'm on the hunt for one of the charger base things that BB just came out with. Bell doesn't seem to have them yet but said they will hopefully by the end of the week.
    Try Amazon, I'm in the UK and got one from Amazon UK, sure that your local amazon will have them.

20 GBP so reasonably priced with free delivery too. It's a nice bit of kit.

Search under the title of Sync Pod, that's what BB officially calls it.
    01-12-15 11:15 AM
83 123 ...