Does anyone know if 3 UK will sell the passport at any time?

I did speak to them and ask but the woman at the call centre thought it was a software upgrade!

She suggested leaving them and go to another network.

Bet she goes far in her sales career.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 01:44 AM
    I went to three to see if they were doing the Z30, again the rep thought they were going out of business! I am running a Q10, bought sim free on a Tesco Sim. I am going to buy the passport, and stay with Tesco. They run off the back of O2 and I have never had an issue with coverage and I work both in towns/cities and rural. I figure I will save against the cost of the handset against the contract cost. Currently 12mth contract, 1000min txts and 1GB of data for 25pound pcm capped so no surprise charges. After 2 yrs I get to upgrade to 1500min and 3GB of data. They have some good deals. I don't bother with 4G as I don't need it.

Posted using White Q10
    12-04-14 02:29 AM
    I asked a while ago and got told that no, they wouldn't be getting it.

So in the end I bought it sim free instead of upgrading my Three contract. And as a result I am going to downgrade my Three contract to the �15p/m deal, unlimited data (free 4g if in your area), unlimited texts and 200 minutes (I don't use minutes much).
    12-04-14 05:19 AM
    I asked last month in Cardiff. They said no but directed me to Carphone Warehouse

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 05:30 AM
    CarphoneWarehouse don't do Three deals anymore.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 05:32 AM
    CarphoneWarehouse don't do Three deals anymore.

Posted via CB10
    Buy the phone Sim free, and update the Three contract

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 05:34 AM
    Does anyone know if 3 UK will sell the passport at any time?

I did speak to them and ask but the woman at the call centre thought it was a software upgrade!

She suggested leaving them and go to another network.

Bet she goes far in her sales career.

Posted via CB10
    nope, they are not selling it and not planning to sell.
    and CPW is not working with Three...
    12-04-14 06:01 AM
    But as has been said, it works perfectly with Three if you buy one sim free.

All the mobile sites that do offer Three deals for some reason do not offer them with the passport even though they offer the passport on other networks. Very strange. But if you can treat yourself to a sim free passport, then it will work fine on Three.
    12-04-14 06:21 AM
    Yes of course.
    I ordered mine... and ordered Nano sim (free if charge!) from Three and waiting for it (passport, sim arrived earlier) to arrive

P.s. Blackfriday was with Amazon USA : 410 pounds total price (499 usd), including taxes and shipment. Ordered on 22nd of November, but still waiting :E

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 07:40 AM
    I was thinking of a sim only deal plus a sim free passport. Just that with new year deals around the corner hoping to be spoilt for choice.

Posted via CB10
    nick57 likes this.
    12-04-14 04:30 PM
    I have a Blackberry Passport on Three. I called them around 1 week before the device was set for official release. The guy told me if there was enough interest they would consider it and to make a request for the device on the Three website. If the device got enough attention, they would try them out. Needless to say, that never happened.

Luckily enough I was due an upgrade and even though this may not be the smartest way around a mobile phone contract in the UK this is what I done in order to stay with Three..

Bought the phone on a pay monthly basis from Expansy UK at �22/m and changed my Three tariff to �15/m down from �38/m with my previous phone (iPhone 5). Effectively I got the phone on an upgrade but I have to deal with the 2 Direct Debits. A bonus to this is I can upgrade as early as 12 months via Three and then sell the Passport early if I decide to.
    12-04-14 05:59 PM
    I have a Blackberry Passport on Three. I called them around 1 week before the device was set for official release. The guy told me if there was enough interest they would consider it and to make a request for the device on the Three website. If the device got enough attention, they would try them out. Needless to say, that never happened.

Luckily enough I was due an upgrade and even though this may not be the smartest way around a mobile phone contract in the UK this is what I done in order to stay with Three..

Bought the phone on a pay monthly basis from Expansy UK at �22/m and changed my Three tariff to �15/m down from �38/m with my previous phone (iPhone 5). Effectively I got the phone on an upgrade but I have to deal with the 2 Direct Debits. A bonus to this is I can upgrade as early as 12 months via Three and then sell the Passport early if I decide to.
    Exactly what I did to get my passport and what I am doing at end of the month, reducing my Three contract.
    12-04-14 06:21 PM
    [...] but I have to deal with the 2 Direct Debits. [...]
    amm, what is wrong with that?
    12-04-14 06:32 PM
    Didn't realise you could buy a phone on direct debit like that from Expansys. Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 01:52 AM
    amm, what is wrong with that?
    I guess there's nothing really wrong with it. Some people just prefer one DD for their mobile though, doesn't bother be, but might for others.
    12-05-14 03:00 AM
    Didn't realise you could buy a phone on direct debit like that from Expansys. Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    Well I think it should be made clear that it is a finance deal on credit, and not just the cost of the phone split into payments.
    12-05-14 05:58 AM
    I understand that. Just didn't think of doing it that way.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 10:04 AM
    Three is always far behind with newest phones.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 02:52 AM