Curious what passport owners think. It may be too early still but should blackberry have just added that 4th row or are you finding the 4th row virtual keyboard to be of great use?

I know this has been discussed party in a few threads but thought we could focus on it after I played with a passport for a few minutes as I am not sure.
    10-04-14 01:42 PM
    I honestly thought I'd miss the 4th row but having adjusted to the keyboard and the virtual keys I no longer find it a hindrance. I'm getting quicker day by day. The capacitive keyboard also works a treat for scrolling too.
    Hope this helps

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 01:47 PM
    I honestly thought I'd miss the 4th row but having adjusted to the keyboard and the virtual keys I no longer find it a hindrance. I'm getting quicker day by day. The capacitive keyboard also works a treat for scrolling too.
    Hope this helps

Posted via CB10
    I thought I would get used to the space bar in the middle of the third row. The one I am not sure about with the virtual keyboard is that when it pops the screen moves and takes up space on the screen. Always annoyed me on an iPhone especially in landscape.
    10-04-14 01:56 PM
    I prefer having the punctuation, numeric, ALT, and SYM keys on the physical keyboard so I do not have to lift my hands from the keyboard when typing. Sadly BlackBerry Product Engineering decided those keys are not important enough to warrant availability via the physical keyboard. Possibly the only real ergonomics/usability criticism of the BlackBerry Passport for me.
    10-04-14 02:12 PM
    you can remove that in settings. Just that you can't swipe the prediction words. it slightly annoying to me too and im weighing the pros and cons of that. Considering on removing that
    10-04-14 02:47 PM
    I thought I would get used to the space bar in the middle of the third row. The one I am not sure about with the virtual keyboard is that when it pops the screen moves and takes up space on the screen. Always annoyed me on an iPhone especially in landscape.
    you can remove that in settings. Just that you can't swipe the prediction words. it slightly annoying to me too and im weighing the pros and cons of that. Considering on removing that
    10-04-14 02:48 PM
    I might like that as I also kept trying to swipe up words but ended up minimizing the app I was in by mistake. Haha.
    10-04-14 03:07 PM
    4 rows is obviously the past and the future.
    I really hope the Passport 2 will take back a full keyboard, it can only be better.
    Optimus4 likes this.
    10-04-14 08:09 PM
    I think the Passport represents a whole new device class, and shouldn't really be compared with "traditional" BlackBerry keyboard models.

The Passport keyboard works differently. I'd call it more of a BB10 virtual keyboard that just happens to have physical keys than a successor to, say, the Q10 kb.
    Optimus4 likes this.
    10-04-14 08:33 PM
    I think the keyboard is ingenious, but I still have trouble swiping predicted words, especially with my left thumb. The problem is a tendency to hit either the virtual shift key or a punctuation mark on the up-swipe. My right thumb is better at it.

If it could be done quickly enough, the solution would be to ignore the virtual row on the up-swipe.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    10-04-14 08:49 PM
    What if I told you that new device should have only 9 keys in three rows and you would still be able to type fast as on QWERY? T9 on steroids baby!
    Optimus4 likes this.
    10-04-14 09:07 PM
    Lol that'd be something nuts!

Passport, it's the optimal viewing experience.
    10-04-14 09:18 PM
    I'm enjoying the passport and some of the typing experience. After more than a week, I'm confident that three rows is not the future. Not the way it's been presented anyway. The Q10 is much faster for typing anything more complicated than simple sentences. But it is still an enjoyable experience.

Further, the OS just works better when you don't need an ever-morphing virtual drawer full of characters on screen all the time. Q10 is simpler for the eyes and faster for the thumbs.

I have no issue with the large size of the keyboard and the travel. My brain has gotten used to the different locations for letters finally.

Posted with Passport via CB10
    Optimus4 and II ARROWS like this.
    10-04-14 09:45 PM