I always think it's funny that android and the apple fanbase aren't able to get together to vote. It's as if BlackBerry users are more effective with social media.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    Blackberry fans vote on surveys. Android and Apple fans vote with their wallets. :-)

Posted from an ME173X
    Witmen likes this.
    09-14-14 09:47 AM
    Isn't BlackBerry devices availability at the mercy of the US carriers? We know how that pan out. However, I think it should at least make available immediately on it's shopblackberry.com site.
    itzJustMeh likes this.
    09-14-14 10:44 AM
    Wrong!
    The one who voted for the Passport on that poll were users from this site and other Blackberry fans site not other people interested in that phone.
    This isn't any different than the other platforms. Everyone has their fan base. The people who voted iPhone are iPhone fans, not Android users. Likewise, fandroid folks vote for their favorite fandroid device. In the whole pool some will cross platforms, but not many. With that said though, the sheer number of votes for the Passport makes it very likely that a significant percentage of those votes are from people who are platform agnostic, i.e., don't care what platform they are using.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 10:57 AM
    The physical keypad isn't dead, it's just not as popular because it doesn't allow screen real estate for video watching etc. The keypad is definitely better for precise typing. Now the Passport and it's new touch sensitive keypad may change the future to some degree. If the tech is successful, I see it being used on many other designs.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 11:20 AM
    As for launching in the States.....it would just be shot down anyhow. even Bakron won't be using a BlackBerry State side much longer. BlackBerry is for the rest of the world.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 11:21 AM
    The verge isn't a blackberry fan site. so all kinds of people were voting.

are you saying that there are so many BlackBerry fans that one group can seriously skew the results? if so that's awesome news!

I didn't vote in the survey, but frequent crackberry all the time.

Posted via CB10
    Can you provide a link to any user poll from a website where the BB10 option did not win? Please do if you can, because I've never seen it happen.

Any time a BB10 device has been an option, people share the link on CB and the BB option wins. The Z10, Q10, the Z30 and the BB10 OS itself have all won internet polls. The devices still didn't sell well though. The results of the Verge poll are completely meaningless.
    09-14-14 01:04 PM
    I always think it's funny that android and the apple fanbase aren't able to get together to vote. It's as if BlackBerry users are more effective with social media.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    If you follow the video game industry, you will notice that the same thing happens with Nintendo.

Anytime there is a Nintendo option in a user poll, the Nintendo option wins. I think it is because both BlackBerry and Nintendo fans are desperate for positive news, while Android/iOS and Sony/Microsoft fans aren't.
    09-14-14 01:08 PM
    If you follow the video game industry, you will notice that the same thing happens with Nintendo.

Anytime there is a Nintendo option in a user poll, the Nintendo option wins. I think it is because both BlackBerry and Nintendo fans are desperate for positive news, while Android/iOS and Sony/Microsoft fans aren't.
    It's as expected. Completely normal human behavior. Don't know why some people are surprised.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    09-14-14 01:15 PM
33 12