Hi guys,
    Just received my passport for 3 days and have been using it since then.There are few problems however

1. Battery doesn't last long, after installed snap and installed few android apps, my battery could only last about 1 day or so even I use the lowest screen brightness. Quite heavy use in these days . OS version of 10.3.0983 days of using passport, problems-img_20150103_134940.jpg

2. Ringtone and vibration, whenever I receive my phone call, if I set notification settings as normal, it just has one sound and on vibration even the phone call still on. I mean just one sound? Is there any way to check if it is normal or is there any way to fix this?

Just please don't tell me I got a faulty product again.
    missing.cn likes this.
    01-03-15 11:44 AM
    Your battery should settle in a bit, but Android apps will shorten the battery life for sure. I wouldn't expect to get much more than 30 hours out of the battery.

As for notification settings and ringtones, I would suggest getting a third-party LED changer such as Hub++ or BeBuzz pro. Well worth the $1 or $2

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 11:53 AM
    Your battery should settle in a bit, but Android apps will shorten the battery life for sure. I wouldn't expect to get much more than 30 hours out of the battery.

As for notification settings and ringtones, I would suggest getting a third-party LED changer such as Hub++ or BeBuzz pro. Well worth the $1 or $2

Posted via CB10
    I am now using an android app called battery doctor, is it good for BB though?

For notifications, does anybody have the same issue? Just one sound or it is a tradition from Blackberry?
    01-03-15 12:23 PM
    Hi guys,
    Just received my passport for 3 days and have been using it since then.There are few problems however

1. Battery doesn't last long, after installed snap and installed few android apps, my battery could only last about 1 day or so even I use the lowest screen brightness. Quite heavy use in these days . OS version of 10.3.098Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150103_134940.jpg 
Views:	1286 
Size:	85.6 KB 
ID:	325058

2. Ringtone and vibration, whenever I receive my phone call, if I set notification settings as normal, it just has one sound and on vibration even the phone call still on. I mean just one sound? Is there any way to check if it is normal or is there any way to fix this?

Just please don't tell me I got a faulty product again.
    Judging from past threads with similar issues, it seems like the phone needs a solid week or two of use before it settles in & the battery stabilizes.

Did you go into settings > notifications > applications and set them individually?

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 12:23 PM
    Indeed,i noticed usually after a week or so,that the battery got optimised to sw and hw. Had Z10,Q10,Z30 and now PP,its always the same story,especially when i installed the leaks,you have to be patient...i have android apps also,which should drain the battery,but i close of each of them when i dont use it for example....

Aquila non captat muscas
    01-03-15 12:30 PM
    I am now using an android app called battery doctor, is it good for BB though?

For notifications, does anybody have the same issue? Just one sound or it is a tradition from Blackberry?
    Yes, that is the vintage BlackBerry sound, but it is customisable in the settings.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 01:03 PM
    Judging from past threads with similar issues, it seems like the phone needs a solid week or two of use before it settles in & the battery stabilizes.

Did you go into settings > notifications > applications and set them individually?

Posted via CB10
    Do I have to set them individually? I just want the ringtone keeps ringing with vibration, like a normal phone, you know.
    01-03-15 01:27 PM
    Yes, that is the vintage BlackBerry sound, but it is customisable in the settings.

Posted via CB10
    It does say when turned on, only one audio will be played, is there any way that I can make this as a normal phone? Like an app or something?
    01-03-15 01:31 PM
    You have to click on the ringtone bar and the ringtones will pop up,you can choose there the standard tones or choose any indivudual tone,what you have stored in device or mem card in a folder

Aquila non captat muscas
    01-03-15 01:52 PM
    It does say when turned on, only one audio will be played, is there any way that I can make this as a normal phone? Like an app or something?
    Pull down your quick settings and click on "notifications"

3 days of using passport, problems-img_20150103_204313.png

Then, scroll down and select "Applications"

3 days of using passport, problems-img_20150103_204334.png

Look for "Phone", and click on it

3 days of using passport, problems-img_20150103_204338.png

You will be able to customise your call ringtone there. For texts, BBM, email, etc. select those instead of calls.

Personally, I only set the call ringtone through the settings and use Hub++ to customise all of the other ringtones. You can find Hub++ in BlackBerry World, here: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/23216879

Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    fxiddy likes this.
    01-03-15 08:49 PM