My work e-mail just went to 2FA. E-mail was on Office 365 platform.

I did figure out how to authenticate on Key2 LE device, but on BB10 device using BB mail I cannot get it work.

Anybody knows if it is possible to use 2FA with Office 365 e-mail on Passport/Classic?

Thanks
    06-08-20 04:56 PM
    My work e-mail just went to 2FA. E-mail was on Office 365 platform.

I did figure out how to authenticate on Key2 LE device, but on BB10 device using BB mail I cannot get it work.

Anybody knows if it is possible to use 2FA with Office 365 e-mail on Passport/Classic?

Thanks
    Did you make an app-specific password?
    06-08-20 05:06 PM
    Did you make an app-specific password?
    No, I didn't. All I could find by googling for BB that I have to install outlook.com apk, but I wasn't successful.

So, your answer means that it is possible to work with 2FA on BB 10?
    06-08-20 06:41 PM
    No, I didn't. All I could find by googling for BB that I have to install outlook.com apk, but I wasn't successful.

It is, yes.
    06-08-20 06:42 PM

It works very well, unless your IT team disallows third party clients.

Z10 = BB10 + VKB > iOS + Android
    06-08-20 07:15 PM
    Do you mind to share how it can be done? All I could find is to install microsoft authentificator app, but I didn't check if I can install it on BB10.
    06-08-20 07:57 PM
    Do you mind to share how it can be done? All I could find is to install microsoft authentificator app, but I didn't check if I can install it on BB10.
    You don't use that.

Generate an app-specific password for the HUB, online via your office365 email portal.

Then enter that password when setting it up in the HUB.
    06-08-20 08:20 PM
    Thanks. I could find the following guide online:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azu...-app-passwords

But it seems our university turned off this option, because I don't see it. I went to 'settings', 'security and privacy' and don't see over there options like in the linked screenshot.
    06-09-20 04:02 AM

But it seems our university turned off this option, because I don't see it. I went to 'settings', 'security and privacy' and don't see over there options like in the linked screenshot.
    Then you're out of luck.
    06-09-20 07:09 AM
    Then you're out of luck.
    It seems so. I tried to install MS Authenticator on Passport - no go. I'll try outlook app - may be it would work.

Email is the main reason why I use my BB OS10 devices. Without it becomes useless.
    06-09-20 08:17 AM

That's the right document. You can contact the University IT team to request they allow app passwords, but if they don't, you won't be able to access that account in the BlackBerry 10 Hub.

You could possibly set up auto forwarding to another account, but I wouldn't recommend that if you will be sending email from that Microsoft Exchange account.

06-09-20 08:24 AM
    That's the right document. You can contact the University IT team to request they allow app passwords, but if they don't, you won't be able to access that account in the BlackBerry 10 Hub.

You could possibly set up auto forwarding to another account, but I wouldn't recommend that if you will be sending email from that Microsoft Exchange account.

Unfortunately, our IT team's reply wasn't good - they don't allow app passwords.

It seems there is no other alternative. outlook apk requires android 5+, older version for some reason shows "server is offline" after 2FA codes.

What a disaster. I love my passport but it becomes very difficult to use for my needs. The only thing left is calls/texts.
    06-09-20 09:46 PM
    Unfortunately, our IT team's reply wasn't good - they don't allow app passwords.

It seems there is no other alternative. outlook apk requires android 5+, older version for some reason shows "server is offline" after 2FA codes.

What a disaster. I love my passport but it becomes very difficult to use for my needs. The only thing left is calls/texts.
    Wouldn't get your hopes up on this suggestion but.. I tried this app from BBWorld a while ago. It's an android port, but it enables a useable protocol for 2FA codes as oath:// or otp I think. I used the smart tags app to scan a QR and the app responds to that.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/43508891

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Leyra B10; 06-10-20 at 01:03 AM.
    06-09-20 11:34 PM
    Wouldn't get your hopes up on this suggestion but.. I tried this app from BBWorld a while ago. It's an android port, but it enables a useable protocol for 2FA codes as oath:// or otp I think. I used the smart tags app to scan a QR and the app responds to that.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/43508891

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. I installed this app but I don't know how to use it (it asks about profile and I don't know where it comes from). If you still remember how to set it up, can you share it (via PM would be better to keep it off the list).
    06-11-20 10:38 AM