Threats from us owners is tiresome. The us carriers have not supported BlackBerry. Yeah, yeah BB has not done this and that and blah blah. Not like BB treated the American carriers any worse than others. In fact they were probably treated better then most other carriers in the world.

And I am not holding my breath that passport will launch in the us this year let alone October. And the prima donna's using testing as an excuse is complete BS and a load of crap.

For years my kid has a used BlackBerry on us carriers before they were released and have worked flawlessly.

So, bottom line is we would be sad to see you guys go, but c'est la vie. Nothing lasts forever and hope the grass is greener on the other side for you. Adios amigos.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by gokulesh; 09-05-14 at 06:22 PM.
    09-05-14 06:07 PM
    Who is making a threat??? All I know is as a customer of Sprint who pays his bill on time every month I SHOULD expect my carrier of choice to release the phone I want in a timely manner. Without them having to have me "*****" and complain about it. They are supposed to take care of all their customers not just the iphone and android crowd.

Posted via CB10
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    09-05-14 06:43 PM
    Confirmed as October 1 in Australia.

Posted via CB10
    Where?

Posted from my Z30
    09-05-14 08:07 PM
    Optus definitely. Not sure about Telstra, but I'm trying to get an invite to the Melbourne launch event that is at a Telstra event on the 24th.

Optus sales staff no nothing about it. They told me that BlackBerry don't exist anymore yesterday when they called to offer me an early 'upgrade' to some android heap of ****...

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 08:25 PM
    Who is making a threat??? All I know is as a customer of Sprint who pays his bill on time every month I SHOULD expect my carrier of choice to release the phone I want in a timely manner. Without them having to have me "*****" and complain about it. They are supposed to take care of all their customers not just the iphone and android crowd.

Posted via CB10
    And as a costomer paying his bills on time since years, I am sure you can get there, you say "I want this!" and they provide it...
    Not for free, may be, but that's how I got the S4mini for my wife... I asked, they said it is not supported but "they'll see what they can do"... I got a call on the morrow, the phone is avilable after a week. They only had "paper work" to do, and I payed a sort of compensation for that, around 30 EUR, I think that were 26,50 exactly, about 6 months now.

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    09-06-14 12:31 AM
    Im sure he knows what he wants/needs far better than a total stranger on the internet. Fortunately being in Canada I dont think I will have that long of a wait, but if it was 3-4 weeks I dont know if my 9900 would last and I would be jumping ship as well. Im not willing to waste an upgrade on old tech when new stuff is out there and although Im a BlackBerry fan, I do recognize the upside of iPhone. Im already nursing my phone along trying to make it to the end of the month for the unveiling of the passport so hopefully BB doesnt disappoint me with a long wait time to get my hands on the new device.
    Same here. My company has been using mostly Bolds in the last couple of years and they are barely working now. I prefer buying BlackBerrys, but if we need to wait too long for the Passport and the Classic, then the old devices will die and I just don't want to spend my money on old technology. We have several BB10 devices also, but I would like to invest in phones for the next three years.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-14 03:22 AM

Posted via CB10
    Except the ire is not directed at the carriers but BlackBerry. I agree with you us carriers suck and you should expect them to serve you. Except the responses I read say I will be leaving BlackBerry. If you are truly upset at your carriers then make them pay!

Posted via CB10
    09-06-14 06:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    To be fair, carriers are more concerned about making money. Taking care of customers is a function of that, and right now, catering to Android and iPhone customers seems to make the carriers more money.

Unfortunate, but pure business.
    09-06-14 06:47 PM
    If BlackBerry doesn't launch the Passport in a reasonable time frame in the US, then I am switching to iPhone. I am not waiting 5 months like I did for the Q10.
    But you should

Posted via CB10
    09-06-14 07:13 PM
    Confirmed as October 1 in Australia.

Posted via CB10
    Optus right ?

Posted via CB10
    09-06-14 07:14 PM
    Optus definitely. Not sure about Telstra, but I'm trying to get an invite to the Melbourne launch event that is at a Telstra event on the 24th.

Optus sales staff no nothing about it. They told me that BlackBerry don't exist anymore yesterday when they called to offer me an early 'upgrade' to some android heap of ****...

Posted via CB10
    Is there an event in Sydney?

Posted via CB10
    09-06-14 07:16 PM
    Optus right ?

Posted via CB10
    Yep. Optus just don't know it yet. It was a BlackBerry rep who mentioned it.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-14 07:59 PM
    Is there an event in Sydney?

Posted via CB10
    Don't know sorry. Details to the event I'm trying to get in on are sketchy, as it seems to be a Telstra partner event, and I'm trying to get in via a Telstra partner I'm working with at the moment.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-14 08:00 PM
    It's P-Day man.
    Get real!

Posted via CB10
    launch day = P 'ed OUT
    09-08-14 08:57 PM
    If BlackBerry doesn't launch the Passport in a reasonable time frame in the US, then I am switching to iPhone. I am not waiting 5 months like I did for the Q10.
    if the US turned its back on blackberry that's not there fault its your COUNTRY that didn't buy them
    anischab likes this.
    09-09-14 01:23 AM
    if the US turned its back on blackberry that's not there fault its your COUNTRY that didn't buy them
    LOL. Fault?

A better way of looking at it is who has more to lose?
    09-10-14 03:28 PM
    LOL. Fault?

A better way of looking at it is who has more to lose?
    It seems that the US are not very high on the agenda of BlackBerry. From a business point of view this makes sense for BlackBerry as there are other regions in the world where the company is performing better (albeit on a low level). I would assume this is the reason why they introduce the Porsche BlackBerry in Dubai: this is the target market for such a device. The US are "Apple country", let's face it.

However, still a pity for the Crackberry addicts from the States.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 04:48 PM
    BlackBerry fell asleep at the switch and the iOS/Android world went whooshing bye. Businesses left BlackBerry in droves in the U.S. BlackBerry can ignore the North American market if they choose, but it's still the single biggest market for cell phones on the planet. Seems like a losing strategy for BlackBerry if you ask me.
    09-11-14 03:27 PM
    I managed to score an invite to the Telstra event where the Passport will be unveiled on the 24th

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 10:55 PM
69 123