If BlackBerry doesn't launch the Passport in a reasonable time frame in the US, then I am switching to iPhone. I am not waiting 5 months like I did for the Q10.
    ROFLMAO

So if a physical keyboard device doesn't launch within your time frame, your going to switch to a slab phone with a software keyboard(one of the worst at that IMO). And that Q10 you just got no more then a year ago isn't doing its job for you to wait a few extra months? That is very laughable
    09-04-14 05:56 AM
    6 June is D-Day
    thaaaaaank you.
    BriniaSona likes this.
    09-04-14 06:09 AM
    ROFLMAO

So if a physical keyboard device doesn't launch within your time frame, your going to switch to a slab phone with a software keyboard(one of the worst at that IMO). And that Q10 you just got no more then a year ago isn't doing its job for you to wait a few extra months? That is very laughable
    I don't know, I'm considering the same on principle and frustration. If the Passport isn't available in October in the US...well, I'm getting tired of waiting. The fact that we have the Amazon store built-in now is pretty lazy imo, and 10.3 doesn't look great with those giant circular buttons. We'll see what they say at the announcement.

Posted via CB10
    BryantCarpio and dejanh like this.
    09-04-14 06:25 AM
    Hoping it becomes available in the US soon after the announcement. Lets just say I don't have my hopes up...
    09-04-14 07:41 AM
    ROFLMAO

Im sure he knows what he wants/needs far better than a total stranger on the internet. Fortunately being in Canada I dont think I will have that long of a wait, but if it was 3-4 weeks I dont know if my 9900 would last and I would be jumping ship as well. Im not willing to waste an upgrade on old tech when new stuff is out there and although Im a BlackBerry fan, I do recognize the upside of iPhone. Im already nursing my phone along trying to make it to the end of the month for the unveiling of the passport so hopefully BB doesnt disappoint me with a long wait time to get my hands on the new device.
    BryantCarpio and dikkr like this.
    09-04-14 08:41 AM
    Im sure he knows what he wants/needs far better than a total stranger on the internet. Fortunately being in Canada I dont think I will have that long of a wait, but if it was 3-4 weeks I dont know if my 9900 would last and I would be jumping ship as well. Im not willing to waste an upgrade on old tech when new stuff is out there and although Im a BlackBerry fan, I do recognize the upside of iPhone. Im already nursing my phone along trying to make it to the end of the month for the unveiling of the passport so hopefully BB doesnt disappoint me with a long wait time to get my hands on the new device.
    Ain't you being very hypocritical? Are you not "a total stranger on the internet" too? SMH. It's a forum and people are entitled to their opinion just like you. Once a person decides to air out their private matters or issues or preferences on a public domain, then it's no longer personal or private.
    Keep your private thoughts to yourself and it will remain that way and people will not comment.
    09-04-14 09:03 AM
    Release date does not equal availability date so far I have learned. Plus it's BlackBerry, so I'll not set too high a hope and guess by December it'll be available to the public.
    You're wrong friendo. Release date is equal to availability date, that's the day is is released. Launch date is the day it's unveiled, which is different from the day it's released.

Posted via CB10
    jimpilot likes this.
    09-04-14 09:24 AM
    Has any US Carrier publicly hinted that they will carry the Passport?

Since Verizon is the only US carrier that bothered with the Z30, and it doesn't look like it was a success for them, I'd expect none of them to offer the Passport until it has been shown to be very successful in other markets. And that, if it happens, will take at least a quarter.
    09-04-14 09:40 AM
    I don't know, I'm considering the same on principle and frustration. If the Passport isn't available in October in the US...well, I'm getting tired of waiting. The fact that we have the Amazon store built-in now is pretty lazy imo, and 10.3 doesn't look great with those giant circular buttons. We'll see what they say at the announcement.

Posted via CB10
    I'd just like to add to your point by saying that I am in a similar boat. In addition, the new iPhone will allow custom keyboards, which means that the whole iPhone has the worst keyboard argument is becoming a bit of a moot point after iOS 8 is out in a few days. Sure, no other software keyboard is as good as the BlackBerry software keyboard, or really the BlackBerry hardware keyboard, but with SwiftKey and others now available on iOS the experience is about to improve tremendously.

Posted via CB10
    BryantCarpio likes this.
    09-04-14 09:56 AM
    1st October launch in stores.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-14 10:05 AM
    ROFLMAO

Homer,

iPhone, Samsung, HTC, etc. continue to take BlackBerry's small market share by releasing flagship devices around yearly anniversaries. Is it really that funny to expect a device from BlackBerry a year and a half after the Q10 has launched? I don't think anyone at BlackBerry is laughing about it. I am sure they have revised and revisited their US strategy many times. I never said BlackBerry has to launch on my time frame, but as we can see they should launch in a reasonable time frame in the US market, because the US is flooded with alternative options.

Also, I didn't use the Z10 for a year before buying a Q10. I also didn't use the Q10 for a year before buying the Z30. All of which, are being out sold by a device that has the worst SW keyboard.

So what is really the laughing matter?

Posted via CB10
    09-04-14 10:11 AM
    Has any US Carrier publicly hinted that they will carry the Passport?

Since Verizon is the only US carrier that bothered with the Z30, and it doesn't look like it was a success for them, I'd expect none of them to offer the Passport until it has been shown to be very successful in other markets. And that, if it happens, will take at least a quarter.
    Valid points. Are there carriers outside of the US that are publicly stating they will carry the Passport?

I'm on Verizon, and my only option is to buy BlackBerry devices from them to work on their network. I do hope there is still a strong enough relationship for a timely release.

Posted via CB10
    jimpilot likes this.
    09-04-14 10:17 AM
    Ain't you being very hypocritical? Are you not "a total stranger on the internet" too? SMH. It's a forum and people are entitled to their opinion just like you. Once a person decides to air out their private matters or issues or preferences on a public domain, then it's no longer personal or private.
    Keep your private thoughts to yourself and it will remain that way and people will not comment.
    Not being hypocritical at all. Just fairly obvious that he knows himself better than anyone else likely does, especially better than strangers on a forum. I wouldnt presume to know you better than you do, or know what you need or want. Im just unsure why his needs and wants are laughable in the first place. Since you suggested that on a public forum its also up for public scrutiny.
    09-04-14 10:44 AM

After all the Z30 was launched here.

Posted via CB10
    I do not recall the Z30 ever being launched..they just added to their website without fanfare
    09-04-14 10:48 AM
    If BlackBerry doesn't launch the Passport in a reasonable time frame in the US, then I am switching to iPhone. I am not waiting 5 months like I did for the Q10.
    Get in line at your local Apple store then because I do not see any US carriers offering it - too little market interst for them to even bother. You should simply jump ship or buy it unlocked if they offer it on their website.
    gokulesh likes this.
    09-04-14 10:53 AM
    Get in line at your local Apple store then because I do not see any US carriers offering it - too little market interst for them to even bother. You should simply jump ship or buy it unlocked if they offer it on their website.
    If Verizon didn't pick up the Passport... I wonder if BlackBerry own their own would build a CDMA version of the Passport and sell it direct for Verizon and Sprint customers? We know it wasn't included with the FCC filing, but maybe there is different version that just hasn't been tested as it's a month behind other devices?
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    09-04-14 11:03 AM
    I'm going to assume that the launch will be similar to the Z10 launch. Announced on the 24th, possible that it will be available for pre-order the same day, with people getting them in their hands about a week later. Putting its availability at Oct 1st. Why? Because I sincerely doubt that they will start sending phones into the supply chain before the official announcement. If it was going to be available the same day (or the next day) of the official launch that would mean that carriers would have to have the phones in advance. Chances are, if the phones are in the supply chain in advance of the launch, people will be taking their own little sneak peek. Allowing this to happen isn't very typical of this sort of launch.

Oh, and with no US launch event, I wouldn't be surprised if US availability is going to be at a later date.
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    09-04-14 11:21 AM
    Vodafone Germany: Octobre...

24th September is D-Day, how about availability per country?-img_20140905_062537.png

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    09-04-14 11:27 PM
    Early Oct in Malaysia? Hope it's true. Would love to have a look at this beauty. Hope it's priced right.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 01:18 AM
    Doubtful for Malaysia
    09-05-14 02:43 AM
    Confirmed as October 1 in Australia.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 03:27 AM
    "The 2013 BlackBerry Z30 unveil event took place in mid-September, and was later released in the US on Verizon Wireless in mid-November. I would expect to see a similar timeframe with the BlackBerry Passport US release."
    09-05-14 09:38 AM
    I read online on a business page the the passport will launch in the US in November

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 11:23 AM
    I'm going to hope they don't commit another F-up like they did with the release of the 10 series. I think It really screwed them that they announced the Z10 and Q10 in January and I couldn't buy a Q10 in the US until the end of June.

I predict U.S. Availability on Halloween.

Boo!

Posted via CB10
    Agree. BlackBerry needs to sell directly as soon after announcement as possible. Carriers can begin selling later and at subsidized prices ag their discretion. With the 10 series launch, BlackBerry decided not to compete with its carrier partners and the end result was that no one really sold the phones, not even BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 03:31 PM
    Mid-November in the US on Verizon?? Now I'm REALLY glad I picked up a Q10! That would be the exact same pattern we saw with the Z30. N4BB has an article saying exactly this.
    09-05-14 05:38 PM
69 123