09-20-14 03:45 AM
213 ... 56789
tools
    Well, the 10.3 runs well in my z10(the android runtime) and the iphones are fast only due to the apple processors

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 01:08 AM
    Well, the 10.3 runs well in my z10(the android runtime) and the iphones are fast only due to the apple processors

Posted via CB10
    Tried the instagram app, the newest version? Tried to upload a pic? It doesn't work so the runtime is not that good at this point

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 02:01 AM
    As an owner of a Q10, I am really looking forward to the larger screen with physical keyboard that the passport offers I care about the functionality of the device, and believe that function trumps form. I am also going to get the passport or its successor depending on when I can upgrade. I believe that this device is the epitome of the enterprise focus that BlackBerry has moved back to. Remember that this focus is what got BB to the top of the heap back pre- iPhone.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-11-14 02:09 AM
    I will stand away from home passport. Waiting for the Z30 with better specs, that's a sexy phone

Visit GTR Lifestyle @ C001247FA
    09-11-14 02:51 AM
    The OP does bring up a good point: most of us are BlackBerry fans, and are excited about the Passport, but almost none of us have seen one in the flesh. Maybe we would not be so happy with it if we actually had to use it all the time.

I'm probably going to buy one, but I'll wait until I have tried one out before I'll spend the money on a form factor that may not suit me.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    09-11-14 04:43 AM
    what about batteries life this is the most thing i"m interest with this phone cuse 3450 on 4.5 inch this is so great

i think it will stand full day with heavy usage and also with 4G hotspoting all the day , right ?
    09-11-14 06:30 AM
  7. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Gorgeous phone... will be the most innovative "serious " phone of 2014 .

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 06:37 AM
    I disagree, there is still a big gapp between the iphone and blackberry. The fluidity from the iphone is much better with just 1 gig of ram, apps are better from IOS etc etc. Sure blackberry has android runtime but we all know it is not working well ( yes I have newest leak) specwise blackberry is better with the passport but that's about it. Blackberry is not like the bible (neither is IOS or Android) blackberry will have a good phone with the passport but it can and will not compete with IOS or Android

Posted via CB10
    This is true. It's not the device but rather the name and perception associated with it. It's like if it's a BlackBerry then it's useless without even testing it.

I had a hard core IOS user and developer use z10 for a while and he was impressed but in the end it was BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 07:35 AM
    If the Passport were a woman, it'd be like some ugly, brainy fat chick that you took out on a date either because she helps with work or because you have a misguided sense of loyalty to her family.

Z-30 / STA100-5 / 10.3.0.1154 / T-Mobile USA
    Fortunately we live n a world where beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Otherwise we are all minions living in the minion nations. As cute as the minions are, after awhile you get the sense that you are just one of the chicklets. No characters, no distinction just a mundane humanoid like the rest.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-11-14 12:20 PM
    Fortunately we live n a world where beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Otherwise we are all minions living in the minion nations. As cute as the minions are, after awhile you get the sense that you are just one of the chicklets. No characters, no distinction just a mundane humanoid like the rest.
    Existentialist dilemmas?

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 12:43 PM
    Who's this guy speaking for Q10 owners? I have a Q10 and my only gripe is the smaller screen compared to my Z10. Passport would be a perfect transition to a proper sized screen with a new keyboard. All the "business" people of the world, the passport is a wet dream for productivity and screen real estate. I look forward to reading and writing on that screen
    alternator77 likes this.
    09-11-14 06:09 PM
    I agree to letting things grow on you.
    Some of my favorite songs had to grow on me, and now I can't get enough of them

Things grow on people because they are different than ordinary . If they weren't different they wouldn't need to grow on you.

Like the iPhone, no need to grow, exactly the same, just slightly bigger

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 06:17 PM
    Bacteria will grow on you also lol doesn't make it good
    09-11-14 07:09 PM
    It will grow and on you.

Posted via CB10
    Like an appendage lol!

"I love when people boast about their phones...like its a pissing contest"
    berryloo likes this.
    09-11-14 07:18 PM
    As a developer we have a device. The OS is amazing and the large screen is fantastic...but it all stops there. Around the office the general feeling is the device is too wide...a "brick" was used by several people to describe it. It's not an elegant device that you want, it would be used more out of requirement for screen real-estate. NOBODY came out and said "that's sexy" or anything remotely. Too bad such poor industrial design. Really all they had to do was take the Q10 and make it a little taller like the Samsungs of the world. You can't make everybody happy I guess...but where were the focus groups on this! We are big on Blackberry at our company as it is standard issue for all staff. Maybe it will grow on me. Does it really need to be that way?

Posted via CB10
    I could be wrong, BUT:
    Wasn't the Passport designed with business owners, CEOs, even politicians in mind? For the kind of people who have their fingers in every pie and multitask 18 hours a day nonstop?
    Because if that is the case, then the "brick" is perfect:
    Such a person doesn't hold the phone to their ear to make or answer a call, they'd be on their Bluetooth or even a wired headset to talk while checking all sorts of info coming in on their device, fire up emails, edit documents and what not.
    If that's the case, then the Passport is perfect as is.

It's way too much phone for me, I currently have the Q10 which I'm happy with and I plan to get the Classic at some point, but if I were running a corporation, or working as a stockbroker or in any field that requires nonstop multitasking, that's what I would get.
    Superfly_FR and WWBlondieDo like this.
    09-11-14 08:00 PM
    TO EACH THEIR OWN says it all.
    If you're one of those folks that has nothing or nothing much good to say.. go to a thread that is more appealing to your taste instead of wasting time with negativity.
    and let those that like how different it is and aren't hung up on what other people will think of them... enjoy it!.

Besides, if you're worried about what others may think of you because of your mobile device...
    you should consider seeking professional help!! (imo, of course!)
    I'm a bit confused? Are you talking to me?

"BB POWERED" C001C1D66
    09-11-14 11:27 PM
    As a developer we have a device.
    Posted via CB10
    How did you get a device as a developer? Who's your contact?
    09-12-14 04:46 AM
    The longer this thread goes on, the less believable the OP is. His posts have zero substance, and the sole criticism of the Passport (the device not being sexy enough) is based solely on the fact that it's not Samsung, Apple, or rectangular. In other words, it's unappealing purely because it's different.

I'm buying the Passport, but I'm not buying what the OP's selling here.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Captain_Hilts; 09-12-14 at 05:42 PM.
    jgill072 and Katika99 like this.
    09-12-14 07:34 AM
    I have heard this "You've got to be able to use a phone with 1 hand" thing a lot. I know that Steve Jobs was a major proponent of this approach, which is one reason why Apple was so slow to develop a phone with a larger screen.
    Having said that, I don't think you'll find many business users (especially people who are used to using phones with physical keyboards) who even *think* about this issue. Sure, there comes a point where "big" may be too big, but to me, a large keyboard and screen are positive things. As I have said elsewhere, I really wanted a Z30 with a slide-out keyboard, but this is the closest phone of any new model that;s available that comes close to meeting my needs. The Classic, while an improvement over the legacy phones, still has a relatively tiny screen. ... Same with the Q10.
    I think this issue could be a generational thing. Everyone I know of who has used the "one handed phone use" standard to judge a phone has been less than 30 years old. And many of them aren't hard core business users. They like to take/post pictures, tweet, text, and maybe occasionally email.

I'm telling you all, holding it in one hand and keying anything is impossible. Yes...it fits into pockets, but it's...well big.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 09:02 AM
    24 hours with Passport report-img_20140912_112437.png

So your telling me that your company made an app for calls that since release isn't even built for BlackBerry and they let you have a passport for 24hrs???
    An app that is VERY POORLY rated at that.

Yeah I'm gonna call baloney on op.

"I love when people boast about their phones...like its a pissing contest"
    Captain_Hilts likes this.
    09-12-14 10:26 AM

So your telling me that your company made an app for calls that since release isn't even built for BlackBerry and they let you have a passport for 24hrs???
    An app that is VERY POORLY rated at that.

Yeah I'm gonna call baloney on op.
    Yeah, this thread was a waste of everyone's time. I think we've all realized this dude's post wasn't legit. This guy is probably a troll anyways. Moderators should cut this one.
    09-12-14 12:05 PM
    When the G Note first came out many people including myself had the opinion that the phone is too big and would never own one. Interestingly, I find myself getting a Z10 due to what I considered an awesome size. Then after using it for a several months got the Z30 because typing on the Z10 for me worked best in landscape leaving a sliver of the screen visible. I've have the Z30 for just under a year now. I find that overall the experience is alright and my resistance to a larger screen/phone is waning. Dare I say, I look forward to having a larger screen. This ironically will bring me into the G Note territory that I thought "never in a million years would I own a phone that big". As for the Passport, I am hoping the physical keyboard helps to reduces the loss of screen real estate since the on-screen keyboard is generally not needed as much.
    So yeah, larger phone size can grow on you. Case in point, it grew on Apple. :-)
    austriker likes this.
    09-12-14 01:25 PM
    Wasn't the Passport designed with business owners, CEOs, even politicians in mind? For the kind of people who have their fingers in every pie and multitask 18 hours a day nonstop?
    Because if that is the case, then the "brick" is perfect:
    So first, I have no interest in the Passport myself. If I decide to go for another Berry, I'd likely go for the Classic instead ... keys, form factor + lots of email = Classic for me.

Every day, as I ride the GO TRAIN to downtown Toronto, I see lots of people who work in the financial district doing work. And yes, many of them are on BlackBerry's, and these days, I see more Z10's and Q10's than older devices. Many of them are reading emails, looking at reports with graphs showing projections and the like while flipping back and forth to answer a bunch of emails.

I see this as the kind of crowd that wants the Passport, not me. Keyboard, yet big screen for viewing business documents.
    09-12-14 03:49 PM
    I can't wait to buy the passport! Hurry up and take my money

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-12-14 05:39 PM
    If the pictures do not attract the people, it will fail. They have to want to see it, and feel it from the pictures. I love my Z10. But I don't think I would like this Passport. Not from I seen, and read.
    I know some people will like it, but not enough to help BlackBerry get more phones sold, or people excited.

Posted via CB10
    lift and Karben like this.
    09-12-14 08:14 PM
213 ... 56789