Have you seen people putting a 7" phablet with voice functions for phone call on their face? I did but I think the people found the device suit their need the best so they will use it their way. And there is always bluetooth headset to serve its purpose if you thought It's too big to stick on the face.

No matter it's iOS, android, Window phone, meego, salfish or BB10 OS people will choose according to their liking and needs.

I would be on Passport if it can deliver what I want. I don't really care the other people think it's ugly or so. I would take it as unique. Just different point of view.

And other than meego BB10 is the only OS providing the true multitasking purpose (haven't tried salfish though but it serves the same trend).

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 01:27 AM
    Carjackd has a great point. I was one who thought the Z30 was ridiculous in size. After I won one from BlackBerry, I totally changed my view after a few days of use. Now when I pick up my old Z10, it seems too small for my liking. In reality, the Passport isn't that huge. Actually, this photo leaves me wanting a bigger version. At any rate, everyone is not going to like the shape of the Passport. That's just a given and is just fine. So many others to chose from. BlackBerry or not.

24 hours with Passport report-bbpassport.jpg

"BB POWERED" C001C1D66
    09-09-14 01:32 AM
    Actually laughing at the people here who are laughing at OP for (gasp!) having an opinion other than their own.
    Who is doing that? This is actually an incredibly respectful thread with people asking for more information, responding with "to each his/her own," or lamenting a negative impression.

My question for the OP is this: would you concede that you are perhaps just too used to current devices? I ask because all your posts in this thread compare the Passport negatively to other devices, like Samsung, for example. It just seems like you weren't initially a fan of the Passport simply because it's different from what's already available.

Posted via CB10
    s.ben, gfondeur, xBURK and 1 others like this.
    09-09-14 01:35 AM
    Actually laughing at the people here who are laughing at OP for (gasp!) having an opinion other than their own.
    Who's laughing at the OP?

Posted Pantlessly via My Kick @ss Z30!!!
    09-09-14 01:36 AM
    Before Todd Wood headed up design at BlackBerry, the old ID folks were regularly releasing designs of questionable taste. No that he's left, I worry about ID falling back into those old hands. The Passport is quite reminiscent of past corny BlackBerry designs.
    1magine likes this.
    09-09-14 01:50 AM
    As a developer we have a device. The OS is amazing and the large screen is fantastic...but it all stops there. Around the office the general feeling is the device is too wide...a "brick" was used by several people to describe it. It's not an elegant device that you want, it would be used more out of requirement for screen real-estate. NOBODY came out and said "that's sexy" or anything remotely. Too bad such poor industrial design. Really all they had to do was take the Q10 and make it a little taller like the Samsungs of the world. You can't make everybody happy I guess...but where were the focus groups on this! We are big on Blackberry at our company as it is standard issue for all staff. Maybe it will grow on me. Does it really need to be that way?

Posted via CB10
    So I'm assuming your not comparing the Passport to any of the Samsung Galaxy Note phablets or think they don't resemble a brick as well? lol
    09-09-14 01:57 AM
    Like really OP!! You are entitled to your opinion and I guess birds of same feathers flock together, like all your folks in your office.
    The Passport rocks and I can't wait to get it.

Btw, just curious, can you tell me what phone you think truly rocks.
    To those who quoted my last post. You can smell the passive aggressiveness in this post.
    pri79269 likes this.
    09-09-14 02:03 AM
    And those people laughing at op are also entitled to their own opinions

The Gif Exchange C001B7B16
    coloibarra and wincyUt like this.
    09-09-14 02:17 AM
    To those who quoted my last post. You can smell the passive aggressiveness in this post.
    Hmmm, I could be wrong, but I think I can make out the words, "you are entitled to your opinion" in wincyUt's post.

Seriously, "passive aggressiveness"? He perhaps disagrees with the OP before telling him it's cool, it's his opinion. Get over it. Nobody's laughing at the OP.

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd, coloibarra and wincyUt like this.
    09-09-14 02:20 AM
    If you seek productivity, passport is the device for you, my only concern is about the widenest, which may be uncomfortable sometimes, but its like sharp edges on the iphone that makes me feel they wanna to cut open my hand. Today, everybody has iPhones because of style apple has created years ago, and every year people buy their new model, even when it brings almost no new functions. This move from blackberry is pretty wise, they have to try something different, apart from holding to its traditional models (classic). So yes ithink the only problem is widenest, not apps. Everybody argues that they cant have blackberry because of inadequate amount of apps available, but honestly, apps are mostly distracting when you need to work and i have the feelign that i have to rely on 100 apps to make my life work somehow.
    09-09-14 02:30 AM
    Thanks for your opinion OP! I'll wait until the I habe played with the device on my hand, and even better, I'll wait for a price cut!
    09-09-14 02:31 AM
    The new innovative square design could easily make the Passport the phone of the year.The creative design of the keyboard is also something no other phone has. It�s half physical keyboard and half virtual; absolutely mind-blowing. Eagerly awaiting the the much awaited launch in Dubai . To say the least Passport will be a super hit
    newcollector likes this.
    09-09-14 03:06 AM
    Have you seen people putting a 7" phablet with voice functions for phone call on their face? I did but I think the people found the device suit their need the best so they will use it their way. And there is always bluetooth headset to serve its purpose if you thought It's too big to stick on the face.

No matter it's iOS, android, Window phone, meego, salfish or BB10 OS people will choose according to their liking and needs.

I would be on Passport if it can deliver what I want. I don't really care the other people think it's ugly or so. I would take it as unique. Just different point of view.

And other than meego BB10 is the only OS providing the true multitasking purpose (haven't tried salfish though but it serves the same trend).

Posted via CB10
    Kind of agree but I'm still not completely sold on the Passport. Need to test it before. Passport could be the "one of a kind" but could also be a "deceiptive try out"...

Some off-topic thoughts: Btw, I was a proud "first one" for the Jolla but quite rapidly got my Jolla finding a new owner because Sailfish OS is good for gestures but the ecosystem is still very poor and it was (and is still) missing a lot of practical services and functionalities (What is deceptive is that you had this ecosystem on Meego and, except for some bugs, Meego was quite complete as an OS while Sailfish, which was theorcially born from Meego is still far from this completeness... but it's improving).
    09-09-14 03:08 AM
    Why is everyone so tough on oP? he's just voicing his opinion

Posted via CB10
    TGR1, lift and BBVegasGirl80 like this.
    09-09-14 03:40 AM
    I'm not too sure about this 'it will grow on me' thing. Example:

When the Z10 design leaked, I instantly felt that it had that certain something. Later, when I owned one, I still felt that I had a phone that had that certain something. I can't tell exactly why, but this is how I felt - and still feel - about the Z10.
    Although I broke up with the Z10 due to dissastifying battery performance, and my inability to type on the small touchscreen (compared to the Z30), I still feel sorry for not having one, and sometimes, now that it got so cheap, feel tempted to buy me another one.
    Today I own and use a Q5 and a Z30, and I like both phones and think they are great. But they never gave me that certain something feeling, neither when they were announced, nor now that I own them.

I feel similar about the Passport - it interests me a lot, and I always wanted a bigger screen keyboard phone, and I might even buy one, but so far, this certain something feeling has not arrived.

We'll see, everything may change once I'm holding one in my hands. And all of that depends on personal preference, of course.
    kawblue749 and 1magine like this.
    09-09-14 06:36 AM
    I think a week of real world use is required form an honest opinion. IMO anyway, as much as I have usually liked my newest device, there is always something about the last one I miss. I am using a Z30 right now and although I feel it is slightly to big for my short fingers to use one handed (I have always used my BB's one handed in the past) I would never go back to a Z10 as the improved features of the Z30 blow it away. I would think I would not like it cause of the keyboard, but I have to try it for least a week first. thats how I feel, good luck.
    gebco likes this.
    09-09-14 06:43 AM
    OP, do you compare it with phablet or just a smartphone? I don't like Passport form factor also, but as I understand, it should be alternative to phablets and small 7" tablets, so comparison with Q10 isn't right. Do you have some phablet users in your office? What is their opinion? Do they see Passport's display ratio as a win or failure?
    09-09-14 06:53 AM
    As a developer we have a device. The OS is amazing and the large screen is fantastic...but it all stops there. Around the office the general feeling is the device is too wide...a "brick" was used by several people to describe it. It's not an elegant device that you want, it would be used more out of requirement for screen real-estate. NOBODY came out and said "that's sexy" or anything remotely. Too bad such poor industrial design. Really all they had to do was take the Q10 and make it a little taller like the Samsungs of the world. You can't make everybody happy I guess...but where were the focus groups on this! We are big on Blackberry at our company as it is standard issue for all staff. Maybe it will grow on me. Does it really need to be that way?

Posted via CB10
    Just glad to see someone say what I also feel.
    The same common thought shared by my own friends with BB devices.
    We don't want an old Sony TV remote looking / feeling device in hand.
    I will hold tight on my Z10 till the powers that be realize the market is not sucking up this Passport device as they expect and release a real world use device update to the Z10 (no not the Z30).
    lift and H_O_Boomaye like this.
    09-09-14 06:57 AM
    Why is everyone so tough on oP? he's just voicing his opinion

Posted via CB10
    Who the heck is being tough on the OP? Did you even read peoples' replies?

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt likes this.
    09-09-14 07:08 AM
    Something that bothers me is that even Blackberry itself acknowledes the Passport looks too wide by the picture they have used for the full page newspaper ad not showing the full face and putting a 3/4 profile picture on Qatar preorder ad again to hide the real shape of the phone. Have some confidence Blackberry, you have made a great device.
    09-09-14 07:13 AM
    I believe most people are use to certain form factor of cell phones. Which is rectangular shape. Passport just defy the traditional shape of a long established form factor. It will certainly garner opinions on both side of the fence. People either going to like it or hate it. From BlackBerry standpoint, it's no guts no glory time. They can't do any worse with their hardware sales at this point. Just look at their touch screen devices. You can heap all the praises you want, no one is paying notice, not the consumers,the carriers, the tech blogs or the media. The fact that Passport get talk about beyond the BlackBerry fan circle is an accomplishment. The company hope the attention will continue once it's launch and get people to talk about some more. Good and bad. Debate about Passport is a good thing.
    gokulesh and webbywebb like this.
    09-09-14 07:14 AM
    I've used one, it looks odd, but nice. Not sure I would buy it, I'm happy with my Z30, but heck people like Samsung Notes which are similar size so it may be a hit. The keyboard and swiping on it are smooooooooth, they did a good job there. Web surfing is a dream, as is reading messages.
    It's not going to "be a hit". It will sell in extremely small numbers to a very specific group of people. If I carried two phones, I would absolutely carry the Passport for work. It seems just perfect for what I do. But I do not carry two phones, and don't want to. I'm not sure that the Passport will be a comfortable fit for me in my leisure time, where a slab like my Z30 feels perfect. Waiting to hold and try it, but so far that's how I feel. Anyway, the Passport is a bold and ballsy experiment that should get some attention if nothing else.

The Passport is definitely a departure from the status quo.

I appreciate the OP's feedback and contribution to the discussion here.
    gobimmer, anon8656116 and TGR1 like this.
    09-09-14 07:17 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bbpassport.jpg 
Views:	4066 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	296665

"BB POWERED" C001C1D66
    The man in this photo is actually 9 feet tall, that's why the Passport looks so tiny.

Hey, look, maybe the Passport is more than some people can handle. That's okay! Have a look at the Classic if you're interested in a square screen and keyboard, and keep pushing the Z30 until the next touchscreen device is out. Hopefully spring. The ones who do get the Passport will be able to say they have the most powerful BB10 device available. Those are the kind of people who need to be carrying one.
    09-09-14 07:26 AM
    Do you remember Nokia E61?
    09-09-14 07:43 AM
    From the get go I doubt very much that BlackBerry was targeting people that needed a sexy phone, while that helps, I doubt anyone in their right minds would purposely come out with a design like this and think hmmm now that's sexy! I do like sexy stuff, but when it comes to a mobile device, sexy is not what I'm looking for, but getting stuff done fast!

Now how does it rank in terms of how it works? Would you consider this phone as being more efficient than the Q10?
    09-09-14 07:44 AM
213 1234 ...