and yet still people line up to post 8 pages in just because someone dared criticise the phone.

BTW, I don't mind a bashing, (not that I see you as doing that so relax, all still friends here ), but I'm sorry I really can't quite work out your logic. Suffice it to say, i don't agree with your opinion about what the 'point' is here, or any implicit assumption you believe is at the root of it all.

He has a contrary opinion, nothing more nothing less - one that he should be entitled to.

I wont' say any more on the matter, I think there has been enough of that. Personally I am happy to let contrary views to mine wash over me, rather than to act as if they are some kind of idealogical affront to all that I hold dear. I just don't like to see people pushed down for that, which is the only reason I take the time to make my point. It is a sign of a broken community spirit in my mind, which is not what I thought CrackBerry was all about.

Sorry - I'm not bashing here - the point is not that OP reports his perception of his colleagues' feeling but the extrapolation leading to "what a designer fail" which is not only a feeling but an assumption. And this assumption is based on a tweaked reality: that Passport is aimed to individuals, should they be developers or Joes.
    I won't start over what has been already noted many times: it's aimed to a very specific target - as of date.

Other contributions in the forum (where OP did pop and repeated his view) have another approach. They clearly state design appears "weird" (whatever you want to call it) at first but then, usage reveals all the meaning of the design, in all its goodness.
    The exact opposite of what OP can suggest.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 04:41 PM
    Passport is aimed at Enterprise / Health care industry etc. Though for me I will be getting it as it will continue the line of devices aimed for productivity.

Posted via CB10
    Good luck getting doctors to use a phone with no apps in their field
    09-19-14 09:50 PM
    It would be pretty dramatic if a company like BlackBerry with no debt, close to a billion dollars in cash, would go out of business that quickly. Sure, it could happen, but they seem to be doing some very good things, regardless of what one thinks of the phones that are about to be released. Additionally, and perhaps more importantly, large investors are supportive of their plans, and are buying more stock.
    No debt? I guess you haven't heard that after Heins departure, the new management issue a load of notes ($1.627B)
    09-19-14 10:04 PM
    Good luck getting doctors to use a phone with no apps in their field
    I understand that you have no clue about how organisations use BES. BES utilise a mini INTRANET network where you use your company Apps...and those Apps appear in the organisation's BlackBerry World...and this has no connection with the public BlackBerry World which you see in your BB 10.

I am a BES administrator myself and we have apps developed - specifically for us which lay inside our BlackBerry World and available for download only to my users

Hope this helps
    Last edited by johndsilva-bbpp; 09-19-14 at 10:45 PM.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-19-14 10:14 PM
    And if you still didn't understand how INTRANET apps help productivity ...this is where BlackBerry BYOD comes into play. You can access this INTRANET and your company Apps from anywhere in the world with just a swipe down on the home screen of a BES enabled BlackBerry...

I leave the rest to you to imagine how much health industry is going to benefit from being able to stay connected to hospitals 24x7x365
    Last edited by johndsilva-bbpp; 09-19-14 at 10:48 PM.
    09-19-14 10:27 PM
    No debt? I guess you haven't heard that after Heins departure, the new management issue a load of notes ($1.627B)

And I hope you heard John Chen say that he expects BlackBerry to break even by 2014 end and that if he sells 10 million units hardware will be profitable...correct me if wrong, I thought that's what I heard from his interview 3-4 months back.
    Last edited by johndsilva-bbpp; 09-19-14 at 11:49 PM.
    09-19-14 10:34 PM
    If the Passport were a woman, it'd be like some ugly, brainy fat chick that you took out on a date either because she helps with work or because you have a misguided sense of loyalty to her family.

Z-30 / STA100-5 / 10.3.0.1154 / T-Mobile USA
    Wow. Well that just says everything I need to know about you right there.

VZW STL 100-4 currently running 10.3.0.1154
    light_barer and Superfly_FR like this.
    09-19-14 11:14 PM
    And I hope you heard John Chen say that he expects BlackBerry to break even by 2014 end and that if he sells 10 million units hardware will be profitable...correct me if wrong, I thought that's what I heard from his interview 3-4 months back.
    Ok, I was wrong about break even there...
    Break even by 2015 end is what he said. But if Passport sales go well it could be as early as 2014 end, that's the expectation ...again that's a good possibility
    Last edited by johndsilva-bbpp; 09-20-14 at 02:58 AM.
    09-20-14 12:00 AM
    If I can really get a lot of work done on the Passport... then the size is great. Otherwise it is not.
    For me, it will come down to how productive the device can be.
    09-20-14 12:16 AM
    If I can really get a lot of work done on the Passport... then the size is great. Otherwise it is not.
    For me, it will come down to how productive the device can be.
    Well... buy it n find out?
    09-20-14 02:21 AM
    a lot of BS/HEAT in this thread!! ladies ladies ! calm down will ya lol

Passport is very special, and will do well.
    09-20-14 02:52 AM
    It will grow and on you.

Posted via CB10
    Bla1ze u rocking a passport!!!!

The confidence in your sentence indicates u went through the same experience!!!

Details!

Posted via CB10
    light_barer likes this.
    09-20-14 02:54 AM
    Passport is aimed at Enterprise / Health care industry etc. Though for me I will be getting it as it will continue the line of devices aimed for productivity.

Posted via CB10
    I will be interested to see how the 'health care' possibilities develop as our office looks to expand our EMR functionality and accessibility.

white Z30 STA100-5
    09-20-14 03:45 AM
213 ... 789