So, about a year ago, I left Sprint and my iPhone, to return to Blackberry, with a Z30 purchase on VZW. I loved that phone. It was the best I'd ever owned, by far, eclipsing multiple Android and Apple devices.

Fast forward to the Passport release and, while my initial reaction (like so many others) was, WTF were they thinking, it didn't take long until my curiosity and the fact that the internal specs sounded amazing, had me wanting one. Of course, then the announcement, that Verizon wasn't getting one, came to pass and I figured that was that...

Until I got the chance to try a friend's Passport while up in Canada last November. My buddy works for RIM, out of the home office and I have to say, once I got to see and hold the device, the hook was pretty well set. So, once the AT&T version came out, it was a done deal. Checked online and saw that a store that was about half an hour from me had them in stock and headed in to pick one up. In no time at all, my number was ported over and I walked out with my new Passport.

All I can say is, WOW! I'm pretty floored by the device. Got everything transferred over. Added Snap and downloaded the Android apps I had been using on the Z30, configured each screen as I wanted, set up Blend and now, life is good.

This thing is just so slick and the screen so beautiful. The wireless charging works perfectly (as it did w/ my Z30 as well). The device feels good in the hand. Everything about it makes me happy to have made the switch.
    02-28-15 02:03 PM
    Glad you're enjoying it. It's certainly a change from the Z30 -- I made the same switch on "square Passport" launch day. Love mine too.
    02-28-15 02:07 PM
    I didn't regret buying mine and I only held it for like 2 minutes. I am already getting used to the keyboard and I haven't looked back at Android since.
    Love the phone!
    02-28-15 02:14 PM
    I'm jealous of you! These damnable snow storms have caused delay after delay. But I'll be joining the Passport owners group in Monday!

What wireless charger are you using?

Thx!
    Brian

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 02:16 PM
    I'm still trying to get use to the keyboard. I love the screen though

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 02:25 PM
    I had mine since the day after launch back in October...love is so much, I bought the AT&T version. Had an issue with it and have the replacement due on Monday. The Passport regardless of the generation is a great phone. However, the AT&T version grips better naked and will become my daily driver once I get it on Monday.

Glad to see someone intelligent enough to make an informed decision and not just go with the flow. Congrats.

Posted via CB10 on the awesome Passport
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    02-28-15 02:36 PM
    I'm a week and a half in and love it. Came from iPhone as well. I could have had iPhone 6+ as well for free from work and chose passport.

As far as lack of apps goes, BlackBerry world, amazon app store and snap have given me whatever I need.

Posted via CB10
    gokulesh likes this.
    02-28-15 02:53 PM
    I really want a BlackBerry Passport but I'm stuck with BlackBerry Q5... is it worth the upgrade. Right now I need 275� to get one and I have 255�? Or should I wait for the new BlackBerry visa/rio? Thx

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 03:00 PM
    It took you 24hrs? : )

Welcome aboard!
    02-28-15 04:45 PM
  10. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Enjoy OP!

Passport is flagship!

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 05:10 PM
    I'm jealous of you! These damnable snow storms have caused delay after delay. But I'll be joining the Passport owners group in Monday!

What wireless charger are you using?

Thx!
    Brian

Posted via CB10
    I have a Koolpad Qi Wireless Charger Pad. Bought it for the Z30. The Passport obviously overhangs it a bit, but it charges just fine.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 06:48 PM
    I really want a BlackBerry Passport but I'm stuck with BlackBerry Q5... is it worth the upgrade. Right now I need 275� to get one and I have 255�? Or should I wait for the new BlackBerry visa/rio? Thx

Posted via CB10
    IMO? It's absolutely worth it. I can't say enough good things about the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 06:49 PM
    Hearing stories like yours makes me want to get my hands on one and give it a go.

My Canada My BlackBerry My Z30
    02-28-15 06:52 PM
    Had this for a week and have not put it down. Embarrassed, yet thrilled, to say that I did not know it was capable of wireless charging!

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 06:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    I had the Q5 before getting my Red Passport, and I am so happy. It is much better, so save up your money.
    02-28-15 06:57 PM
    Had this for a week and have not put it down. Embarrassed, yet thrilled, to say that I did not know it was capable of wireless charging!

Posted via CB10
    Correct me if I'm wrong but only the verizon version has wireless charging. My Telus one does not

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 07:02 PM
    On Wednesday I made the move from Q5 to Passport, and I am blown away by how awesome this phone is. It is well worth the money.
    02-28-15 07:31 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong but only the verizon version has wireless charging. My Telus one does not

Posted via CB10
    The AT&T version has the wireless charging (there is no Verizon version).

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 06:05 AM
    Glad you like it! Had mind since launch day here in Dubai!

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 06:39 AM
    Started using mine Friday and cannot seem to put it down. Loaded the flicker fix last night and this thing is even faster. BlackBerry really did innovate with this device. Keyboard is magic.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport 10.3.1.2480
    03-01-15 11:12 AM