There is some videos online comparing Passport to the Priv but they are all mostly when Priv was just released and had a tone of bugs. Any new (late 2016 /2017) videos out there doing full comparison videos?
    01-31-17 01:45 PM
    Compare what?

That's like pitting a chair up against a rug.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and Jrox74 like this.
    01-31-17 02:06 PM
    Compare what?

Dibbs on the rug.

Android? No thanks. Just give me BB10 and CP/M and I'm a happy man.
    01-31-17 02:06 PM
    Compare what?

You must have missed out the part where I said "full comparison"... you know things that are comparable between two phones, not your household decore
    01-31-17 02:25 PM
    You must have missed out the part where I said "full comparison"... you know things that are comparable between two phones, not your household decore
    So, compare a 1:1 ratio pkb device to a 16:9 slab? And with what apps running?

Two completely different form factors running two completely different OSes.
    Jrox74 likes this.
    01-31-17 02:31 PM
    So, compare a 1:1 ratio pkb device to a 16:9 slab? And with what apps running?

Two completely different form factors running two completely different OSes.
    I already know that. If you are too ignorant to understand how the two phones can be compared then you should go on youtube and watch the comparison videos between Priv and Passport, there are pleanty of good ones. The problem is that they are all old, during the time when the Priv had a lot of bugs.
    Last edited by Toni_1990; 01-31-17 at 05:24 PM.
    Cracklen likes this.
    01-31-17 02:37 PM
    Ohhh where is my popcorn...

Posted via CB10
    01-31-17 02:44 PM
    I already know that. If you are too ignorant to understand how the two phones can be compared than you should go on youtube and watch the comparison videos between Priv and Passport, there are pleanty of good ones. The problem is that they are all old, during the time when the Priv had a lot of bugs.
    So what do you want to compare? File Managers? Which one will you choose on Play Store to compare to BB10? Same goes for video player, music player, browser, office software, etc, etc.

Next, do you want to compare keyboards? A capacitive-touch pkb against a vkb?

So what are we left with? Email clients? How do you have the HUB configured on the DTEK60 as multiple options are available to change the experience quite a bit. Do you keep the HUB running in the background as on BB10?

What about notifications, bedside mode, etc that are almost infinitely customizable on Android?

The only way to know is to try it. Spend a few days or weeks configuring things to your needs and workflow. Then, only you can compare.
    Jrox74 likes this.
    01-31-17 02:54 PM
    As I mentioned in the thread very similar to this one, BB10 has become so "barren" compared to Android that it's hard to compare.
    I guess you can compare their browsers? Cameras? Other basic apps like pictures, music players, etc?

Posted via CB10
    02-01-17 02:11 AM
    I think too the issue is that back a year ago the interest in the Passport was much higher.... a year later (long time in phone years) there isn't as much interest in the Passport. Many of the more tech inclined proponents have simply moved on, some to the PRIV, others to the DTEKs and a few to other devices.

In the end... both are EOL products.
    Jrox74 likes this.
    02-01-17 08:05 AM
    There is some videos online comparing Passport to the Priv but they are all mostly when Priv was just released and had a tone of bugs. Any new (late 2016 /2017) videos out there doing full comparison videos?
    Hey Toni_1990. I've found you a video for you below. Hope this help you in some way.
    The video isn't exactly "Quality" but its new, as you requested.

Oct 27, 2016
    -
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    02-01-17 08:55 AM
    Passport.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-17 09:35 AM
    Only reason that I didn't like about priv was that plastic speaker grill and slide keyboard collect dusts pretty often and it's kind of hard to maintain. Also, camera lens on the back can be very easily scratched.
    02-01-17 12:11 PM
    Hey Toni_1990. I've found you a video for you below. Hope this help you in some way.
    The video isn't exactly "Quality" but its new, as you requested.

Oct 27, 2016
    -
    Thanks man. Already watched that one he just does a boot up comparison and calls it a speed test lol.
    02-01-17 12:23 PM
    I already know that. If you are too ignorant to understand how the two phones can be compared then you should go on youtube and watch the comparison videos between Priv and Passport, there are pleanty of good ones. The problem is that they are all old, during the time when the Priv had a lot of bugs.
    It's not as if anything has really drastically changed. Some Priv's stopped overheating as much, DTEK became useful and more apps got added to the Hub app. Any comparisons made back then are pretty much still on par today, which, I'm sure is part of the reason you're having issues with finding new comparisons. There's nothing to really warrant new videos.
    Jrox74 likes this.
    02-01-17 01:10 PM
    It's not as if anything has really drastically changed. Some Priv's stopped overheating as much, DTEK became useful and more apps got added to the Hub app. Any comparisons made back then are pretty much still on par today, which, I'm sure is part of the reason you're having issues with finding new comparisons. There's nothing to really warrant new videos.
    That makes sense. I guess since the Priv has improved and the passport has become a bit less usable, browser slowing down, I thought there might be something new to compare, but again like you said not enough interest. I have had the passport, moved to the classicwhich was fast for me last year. Have been using the Priv for a while now and really like it. Fired up the classic last week just for the fun of it and made me miss the bb10 experience but the speed of the classic is just way too slow compared to the Priv. Then made me think how the Passport would do against the Priv ...
    02-01-17 02:35 PM
    You are either bb10 user or have now moved on. not much to compare.
    He doesn't even know what a flip phone is so I wouldn't bother with this one. I have dtek60 and passport. passport can hold it's own fine unless you want app. Yes same story different day. Nothing a video from today can tell you that's different.
    02-01-17 02:45 PM
    If you have a Priv now and have had (or maybe still have) a Passport -- why do you need a 3rd party to tell you how they compare?????
    Jrox74 likes this.
    02-01-17 02:46 PM
    If you have a Priv now and have had (or maybe still have) a Passport -- why do you need a 3rd party to tell you how they compare?????
    Well said.

I've owned both and everyone has a different opinion / experience but overall if you can live without apps or can afford both I'd rather still use an SE for business / everyday and the PRIV for banking, fun, games and niche apps

Posted via CB10
    02-01-17 06:00 PM
    Had the Passport 2 years ago... like I said in my poast I sold got a classic afterwards...
    02-01-17 06:25 PM
    DTEK60 is definitely the best out of those 3.
    02-01-17 06:38 PM
    Compare what?

Is the chair a recliner, is so I'm in!
    02-01-17 06:52 PM
    Compare what?

How about just getting both the chair on the rug? When you are not reclining your feet has to go somewhere and having it on rug is better than no rug.
    02-01-17 07:17 PM
    How about just getting both the chair on the rug? When you are not reclining your feet has to go somewhere and having it on rug is better than no rug.
    Is the chair a recliner, is so I'm in!
    You guys can fight over the chair. I'm at the pub.
    Jrox74 likes this.
    02-01-17 07:23 PM
    You guys can fight over the chair. I'm at the pub.
    Blackberry always seems to end with drinking...........hmmmmmmm
    02-01-17 08:08 PM
49 12