I haven't seen any updates coming from AT&T, has anyone been able to update through them?

Posted via CB10
    12-17-16 08:45 AM
    No, and I don't think Blackberry updates are a priority for them, so it will be a long while when or if it comes. If 10.3.3 is a serious need- you will have to find another way.
    12-17-16 09:17 AM
    They have not sent an update since july 2015 of which can be flawed with flicker screen and double type. That is criminal.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    12-17-16 09:52 AM
    Thanks for posting this! I've been wondering the same.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-16 10:57 PM
    I'm on AT&T and have gotten both the major 10.3.3 update, as well as the smaller update soon thereafter. No issues here in Texas.
    12-18-16 09:19 AM
    I'm on AT&T and have gotten both the major 10.3.3 update, as well as the smaller update soon thereafter. No issues here in Texas.
    I'm assuming you have a Factory Unlocked Blackberry and not a AT&T Branded BlackBerry
    12-18-16 10:50 AM
    I bought my PSE directly from BB so I guess that's the difference then?

I bought a Priv from B&H Photo not long ago. It was AT&T branded but recently received an update which stripped it of all previously installed AT&T bloatware. Now it's like it came directly from BB. Weird!
    12-18-16 11:13 AM
    Those AT&T Privs that where unloaded (dumped) and resold elsewhere unlocked - such as from B&H (some places just provided the unlock code), finally got released from AT&Ts hold a few months back.

The only BB10 phones on AT&T that get updates when they are released are ones NOT actually sold by AT&T. They have to be unlocked and unbranded. The AT&T "official" OS is still 10.3.2.8xx from over a year and d a half ago.

Of course, it's much easier to update the OS to anything much newer on even a locked/branded BB10 phone using autoloaders or through Sachesi/DBBTool methods.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-16 12:03 PM
    I'm on AT&T...I use Sachesi to update. Download files from CrackBerry forums. Works great. There are good step by step directions for doing this on the forums. Don't wait for AT&T. Download Sachesi, the radio file, the Debrick and the Core OS and go for it.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    12-18-16 09:08 PM
    My ATT PP is running 10.3.2.556! Could this be why I have a double-typing issue? Because my OS is before the double-typing fix was rolled out.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-16 11:39 PM
    My ATT PP is running 10.3.2.556! Could this be why I have a double-typing issue? Because my OS is before the double-typing fix was rolled out.

Posted via CB10
    Yep. That's the "official" software release number. It corresponds to OS 10.3.2.856.

I had the chance to look it up now. I didn't earlier.

And yes, that is a very old buggy release. Also missing a load of security fixes that were revealed since the release of that OS back in July of 2015.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-16 11:42 AM
    That ducks. ATT is in violation of their agreement with the customer when they sell a phone and then don't maintain it.

I was going to go to the trouble of replacing the keyboard but maybe I won't bother if the issue is more software than broken or worn out hardware.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-16 01:13 PM
    I'm attempting to update my AT&T Passport, SQW100-3, SR 10.3.2.556 to 10.3.3.1435 via Sachesi 2.0.3. I don't want to wait for AT&T to push this update out. I understand from Crackberry forums the update is basically security related with some improvements for smoother running Android apps and perhaps the native browser. Does anyone have suggestions for me to successfully accomplish this task? Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-16 03:11 PM
    That ducks. ATT is in violation of their agreement with the customer when they sell a phone and then don't maintain it.

I was going to go to the trouble of replacing the keyboard but maybe I won't bother if the issue is more software than broken or worn out hardware.

Posted via CB10
    Forcing the reported anti-double type update manually (10.3.2.2xxx, or 10.3.3) might be worth a shot; better than ttyyppiinngg lliikkee tthhiiss wwhhiillee AATT&&TT ssiittss oonn tthheeiirr aasssseess.
    12-26-16 03:42 PM

Posted via CB10
    YES. Those can screen flicker and some have phone app lock ups too. An update cures all!!

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software
    12-26-16 03:59 PM
    I'm attempting to update my AT&T Passport, SQW100-3, SR 10.3.2.556 to 10.3.3.1435 via Sachesi 2.0.3. I don't want to wait for AT&T to push this update out. I understand from Crackberry forums the update is basically security related with some improvements for smoother running Android apps and perhaps the native browser. Does anyone have suggestions for me to successfully accomplish this task? Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    Do a search next time.....
    All the info your looking for can be found here
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...l#post12711031
    12-26-16 04:10 PM
    These are instructions on using Sachesi. I got them off of the CrackBerry website forums. I follow these instructions every time I update my OS. I always back up my phone before the process as the instructions suggest.

Just in case someone does not know yet how to upgrade non-destructively using the live links posted in the first post of this thread:

Following the steps below you can upgrade to 10.3.1.2726 non-destructively, so you won't lose any data on your device and do not have to start from scratch.

It's like doing an OTA update on your device.

Note that this tutorial is assuming that you are using Windows and have the latest version of BlackBerry Link installed.

Before you do anything backup your device with BlackBerry Link.

Do a full backup!

If something goes wrong you can easily go back to your current OS and restore your backup.

Backup made?

Then close BlackBerry Link and proceed:

1)
    Install the latest version of Sachesi
    Currently 2.0.0 RC from here
    https://github.com/xsacha/Sachesi/releases

2)
    Download the 3 leaked files for your device:

Radio
    Core OS
    Debrick

Make sure that you download the proper files for your device, in this example it is a Classic (which is using Z30 Core OS and Debrick and the Radio for the Classic)

The smallest file is the Radio and looks like:
    qc8960.wtr5-10.3.1.2727-nto+armle-v7+signed.bar

The biggest file is the Debrick and looks like:
    qc8960.factory_sfi.desktop-10.3.1.2726-nto+armle-v7+signed.bar

The third file is the Core OS and looks like:
    qc8960.factory_sfi-10.3.1.2726-nto+armle-v7+signed.bar

3)
    Create a folder on your hard drive
    Name it as the OS you have downloaded, e.g.

4)
    Create a second folder on your hard drive
    Name it
    10.3.1.2726 Debrick

5)
    Put the Core OS and the Radio in your 10.3.1.2726 folder

6)
    Put the Debrick file (the biggest one) in your 10.3.1.2726 Debrick folder

7)
    Open Sachesi
    You do not have to connect your device yet
    Just open Sachesi and click the tab Extract

Click the Extract Signed button and select the big Debrick file from your 10.3.1.2726 Debrick folder

You' ll see a progress bar running, wait till the process is finished.

In your 10.3.1.2726 Debrick folder is now a second even bigger file which looks like:
    qcfm.image.com.qnx.qcfm.qc8960.factory_sfi.desktop .BB10_3_1.2726.834561.signed

In Sachesi click on the Extract Apps button and select this new big .signed file from your 10.3.1.2726 Debrick folder

You'll see again a progress bar running, wait till the process is finished.

In your 10.3.1.2726 Debrick folder is now a subfolder which looks like:

qcfm.image.com.qnx.qcfm.qc8960.factory_sfi.desktop .BB10_3_1.2726.834561

Open this folder and copy all files in your formely created 10.3.1.2726 folder (where you put the Core OS and the Radio before)

8) The files are all in the Debrick subfolder.
    Now put your device in airplane mode and connect it via USB

If you have set a password on your device enter it.
    Click the Install tab

Leave the checkmark "Only install newer apps" checked

Click the Install Folder button and select your 10.3.1.2726 folder

You will see a progress circle, be patient this will take some time

9)
    Your device restarts, first boot may take some time. Be patient, this is not like a normal boot, it takes much longer than usual.

Last edited by jackcarr; 01-07-17 at 11:04 PM.
    Tbtbtstj, Sukiyaki and Bezbaz like this.
    12-26-16 06:10 PM
    Thanks, Jack!

Posted via CB10
    12-27-16 11:48 AM
    Thank you very much jackcarr for sharing the explicit instructions. I've successfully updated my AT&T Passport to SR 10.3.3.1435. I'm a happy camper with my BlackBerry!
    12-27-16 09:29 PM
    Can updating a locked phone create compatibility issues with the carrier? I know that the carriers roll out follow up updates after the big one to clean things up. What if you don't have the benefit of those smaller updates?

Posted via CB10
    12-27-16 09:56 PM
    Can updating a locked phone create compatibility issues with the carrier? I know that the carriers roll out follow up updates after the big one to clean things up. What if you don't have the benefit of those smaller updates?

Posted via CB10
    As long as what the carrier is pushing is considered newer than what you have (i.e. a higher software release), it'll come down onto your phone.
    12-28-16 04:01 AM

Posted via CB10
    Has never caused a problem for me when I was on Verizon or AT&T. I left Verizon and went to AT&T to get the Passport. Used the Sachesi method I reposted in this thread from an older CrackBerry thread. I have never experienced an issue.

The bottom line for me is...the carriers are not concerned about BB10 users because they're not selling any BB10 phones. When I requested a BlackBerry Passport at the AT&T store the sales gal looked at me like I was a nut. The big carriers don't care about your BB10 device.

My next step will be to ditch AT&T and go to a pay as you go provider and buy an unlocked BlackBerry outright.

Glad the directions helped. They have never failed me.

Happy New Year!

12-28-16 10:27 AM
    Cool. Thanks again for your help.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-16 03:19 PM
    I started the Sachesi process and got stuck at step one. The Sachesi download for Windows has a weird file extension and requires some exotic decompression before it is usable. Also, I have to confess that after reading the above instructions again, I don't fully understand them -- mainly the bridge from Step 7 to Step 8.

Doesn't Sachesi find the right update automatically? Why create all these folders?

I might just give in and do a destructive update. Thanks!
    01-05-17 01:37 AM
    Maybe I need to figure out Sachesi because I have emails on my device I need to preserve. (Are these saved in a Link backup? I think they are but I'm not certain.)
    01-05-17 02:12 AM
43 12